main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yeah, I'm thinking the same as Lilith! C'mon, boy...how can ANYONE forgot Qui-Gon? ;)

aa :D

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Somebody should help Obi remember. I volunteer!!! :)
    So is he gonna get caught on his little grafiti escapade, or what? None of the getters will recognize him without his braid! That will mean bad things could happen........goody!
    I love this story! :)

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good, Jane!!!!!!!

4. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    The boxer thing and the whole braid thing and now the whole resistance thing. I don't know if I will make it through this story. I was sitting here yelling at the computer when Obi cut of his braid and threw in the garbage. I was so mad at that boy. I can't believe he didn't keep it. Obi better be careful and Qui better find him quick otherwise Obi might end up in jail.

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Sith, Obi, your master isn't going to be too happy about this!

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    ?Rixi,?said Ben as they sat at the kitchen table, ostensibly doing Rixi?s homework,?do you know where I can buy a can of spray paint??

"Yes,?she said.?I?ll take you there right now, if you like.?

"I can do it myself,?he protested, reaching into his pocket and curling his fingers around the identity disc there. Dr. Maethum had brought it home the night before and he relished the feeling of being ?official? now.

"What do you need spray paint for??she asked.

"A secret project,?he said. It was the wrong choice of words. A slow, impish smile spread across Rixi?s face and she began to twist her braid again.

"If you don?t tell me what it is, I won?t tell you where to buy the paint,?she said.

Ben sighed, suddenly understanding why Dr. Maethum was so protective of the girl. With a start, he realised that he didn?t want to put her into danger, either. Of course it was very unlikely that they would be patrolled by the Getters on a sunny afternoon, but he didn?t want Rixi to take the risk.

"Come on,?she urged, laying her hand on his arm.?It can?t be that bad that you have to keep it a secret from me.?

Not knowing what to say or whether to say anything at all, Ben was silent for a moment, and then Rixi surprised him by asking,?Are you going to join this new resistance movement??

"What if I am??he challenged her.

"Rugged,?she replied, admiration and approval more than evident in her voice.?So what are you going to do??

"Just paint a few words on the outside of Mayor Ech--Eth--what was his name again??

"Ech-to-tha.?

"Mayor Ech-to-tha?s garden wall, that?s all,?he finished.

"Oh.?

"Well, don?t sound so excited!?he teased.

"It?s not exactly what I imagined a member of the Resistance doing,?she said.

"I?m not a member yet. They?ll only let me in if I manage this.?

"Rugged,?she breathed again, then closed her book and stood up.?Come on, let?s go buy the paint.?

"What makes you think I?m taking you with me??

"Don?t you think that it?s less conspicuous if a boy and a girl buy a can of spray paint together and talk about how they?re going to paint their bicycles with it so that they look exactly the same? We could act like we?re going steady, and nobody will think anything of it. But a solitary young man, slinking into a paint shop, buying a can of paint, and slinking out again without saying a word would definitely attract attention. Getters just wait for that sort of thing to happen.?

"I would not *slink*,?Ben protested,?and what does ?going steady? mean, anyway??

Rixi put her head back and laughed.?Oh, Ben, you really did hit your head, didn?t you! It means that a boy and a girl have a steady relationship. They go places and do things together, always together, not just sometimes. The girl doesn?t go around with other boys, and the boy doesn?t go around with other girls, not even once.?

"Oh.?Considering this, Ben brightened. It sounded like a good idea, and not just for camoflage to the paint store.?All right, lead the way. And let?s stop at the ice cream store on the way back. I?ll buy you a portion of your favourite flavour.?

"It?s not called a portion, it?s called a scoop. And I happen to have two favourite flavours.?

"All right, two scoops then.?

Rixi stuck her head into the living room.?Mum! We?re going to the ice cream shop!?

"Have you finished your homework??

"Most of it. Bye!?She was already moving towards the door.?Actually, Ben, as long as you?re paying, I have three favourites.?

"And Aunt Bedec says I?m going to eat her out of house and home,?Ben grumbled good-naturedly as they exited the house and went to the shed. Rixi?s giggle was the nicest thing he had ever heard, he thought to himself, and watched as her braids bounced along her back and shoulders.

They parked their bicycles in the rack outside the store in the pedestrian precinct of Hage, and Ben was so busy looking around the square and the streets leading away from it, that he didn?t notice Rixi extending her hand to him until she grabbed his wrist rather firmly

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Luck doesn?t usual follow Obi so look out!!

I keep getting this mental image of a demented Mayberry (You know from the Andy Griffith show)

8. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Mayberry! LOLOL!!!

I have to agree with Kelly Kenobi on this. Luck is not something that Obi had a lot of! Be careful!!

9. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Yeah, Mayberry! That's what I was thinking! ;) Nice town folk...hunted and patroled by cat-like bullies. Perfect! lol I liked Obi-Wan's reasoning behind the purple paint. Very cute.

10. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    I keep wondering who is being lied to, Obi or Quigon. I mean I know the getters are looking for obi, but I mean I wonder if they are lieing to quigon about the unrest and the cause for it. I guess they could think they've told the truth particularly if they don't think the others are really all that sentient but... oh, boy this looks like it is going to get messy, And are they looking for obi for to return him to quigon or for their own reasons and why was obi out running down the streat in his underware? It's a puzlement, I hope there will be another post soon to help me sort this out .... please...thank you kindley...

11. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Ohhhhhh dear! I can think of a good handful of things that could happen from here. Strangely, only two involve him and Rixi being safe!

Now is Jane letting us think something's going to happen but it's not, or is she thinking that we're thinking she's thinking she'll pretend something's happening but doesn't, so it does.

Eh? I'm confused now...

12. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Rixi reminds me of one of my friends. And Obi's got a girlfriend :)

I think I'm suffering some sort of mental problems. Now whenever I'm driving, I keep a lookoout for boys running around in their boxers with a long braid behind their right ear. Of course, I'd never get that lucky :)

If I had Obi-Wan in *my* house when he's suffering from amnesia, I wouldn't let him out of my sight.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You cut your braid off????? Bad idea Obi-Wan, now it will only be more difficult for Qui-Gon to find you.

As others I'm not sure what's really going on and who's being lied to, but for some strange reason I really don't trust Wylan. He seems a little to eager to to trust a stranger with something as guarded as their little resistance should be.

14. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I loved the reference to Obi's legendary appetite. :) And the way he and Rixi get along so well. I can tell there's some heartbreak in store for these two.

15. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Why do I get the feelng Obi's being set up???

16. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Just caught up. More please! This is really interesting. When will Qui-Gon find him? Soon I hope.

imzadi

17. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ben couldn?t resist looking, however. They did have a cat-like appearance, with pointed ears on the tops of their heads, and flat noses in the midst of furry cheeks and foreheads, and even whiskers. He continued to stare, wondering if they had yellow eyes as well, and his steady gaze attracted the attention of the three Getters.

"What are you staring at, human!?the middle one barked, and there was not a trace of meow in his voice.

"Nothing,?Ben replied.

"Hand over your identity discs, both of you! Then turn around and put your hands on the wall where we can see them!?

Rixi hastily placed her ice cream cup on the ground, produced her disc from her pocket, and did as she was told. Ben was slower, and the Getter closest to him knocked the ice cream from his hand, making it land upside down near his feet, then grabbed his disc and gave him a shove that made him stagger into Rixi, both of them almost falling over.

"I said, turn around and put your hands on the wall!?the middle one repeated. Righting himself, Ben considered shoving back, but decided it would only cause more trouble. Instead, he leaned against the wall in the same way that Rixi was doing, feeling angry and humiliated and very vulnerable.

"Rixiar Maethum. Ben Maethum,?the third guard read off the disc reader.?Are you two brother and sister??

"He?s my cousin,?said Rixi.

"He?s an idiot,?came the reply from the Getter in the middle.?Only an idiot would stare at us like that with his mouth hanging wide open. Search him for concealed weapons.?

Ben tried not to shudder as the Getter roughly patted every part of his body, but had to protest as the guard removed his wallet and handed it over.

"Shut up,?said the Getter, grabbing him by the hair and knocking his forehead against the wall.?Or better yet, say ?I?m an idiot.??

"I?m not an idiot!?

"Ben!?snapped Rixi urgently.

"You?re not rich, either,?the middle guard said, having counted the money that was left.?All right, give it back. It?s obvious that he?s got more tongue than brains, like all the other Nens.?

The Getter stuffed the wallet back into Ben?s pocket, then banged his head against the wall again, harder this time.?Say it.?

Ben remained stubbornly silent until the third Getter suddenly came around and entwined his fingers in Rixi?s hair.?Say it, or we?ll hurt her instead.?

"Ben!?Rixi squealed, looking frightened.

"I?m an idiot,?Ben sighed, feeling more and more like one with every moment, hating himself for giving in, but determined to protect Rixi at all costs, even humiliation to himself.

"Louder.?

"I?m an idiot,?he repeated loudly, angrily enunciating every syllable.

Removing their short, stubby fingers from their prisoners, the Getters returned the identity discs, then managed to knock over Rixi?s ice cream as well as they walked away. Ben pocketed his disc, then reached down to salvage what he could of the frozen treat.

"I?m sorry,?he said, seeing that it was hopeless.?I?ll buy you another one if you like.?

"I?m not hungry anymore,?she replied.?How?s your head? Are you all right??

"I?m okay,?he snapped.

"You?re bleeding.?

"It?s just a little scrape.?He took a deep breath, trying not to shout at her.?I?m really sorry, Rixi. I really am an idiot. I should have done what you told me, and not looked at them. They never would have noticed us if not for me.?

"Next time listen to me,?she snapped.?You could get yourself arrested, you know!?

"I know.?

"I ought to take you home and lock you up! You?re a danger to yourself and anybody who?s with you!?she continued.

"I know!?he repeated, kicking himself for inciting her anger.

Without a further word, she stalked to her bicycle and got on, riding ahead without looking back to see if he were following. He managed to keep up with her, however, but was hard pressed not to ride into her back wheel when she stopped suddenly a few houses away from their own.

"Oh, come here, you idiot?she said with a sudden, unexpected smile.?I?ll kiss it better.?

He maneuvered his

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The Getters don't sound like the kind of people that the Jedi should be helping, more like the ones they'd be against.

~~"All right, you?ve convinced me.?Ben leaned forward slightly, wondering if this were a good time for another kiss.~~

Very cute! Sounds like Ben's falling hard for his 'cousin'.

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Just a few more posts, HealerLeona, and you'll find out more about the political background and why the Jedi appear to be on the side of the Getters.

20. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

oh, Jane...you love teasing us, don't you. Obi-Wan and Rixi are really cute, and I thought he was gonna kiss her (remembers how long it took Jane and kvel to kiss....wah!) Okay, I can wait! ;)

21. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Ah, first read of the day! And a good one too! :)

Want some Advil, Obi?

22. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Jane, now you're the one being cruel, teasing us that way!

23. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Glad to hear we are going to learn more about this planet and why the Jedi are helping. I would love to know what Qui-Gon is doing all this time and how he reacts to young men being brought before him to identify after having been beaten????

Love the little sorta romance Obi has going, very sweet!

Look forward to more!

24. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    COOL. Looking forward to more!

25. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    What can I say but MORE.

I do wonder what's going to happen when Qui-Gon finds Obi-Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.