main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    well it looks like one of my questions have been answered. It doesn't look like the getters are good guys that's for sure... and I deffinatly, have a feeling obi really does want to avoid them. Now how long is soon... cause my definition of soon is already past... <bg>

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    The next night, Ben and Rixi waited until there had been silence from the master bedroom for a good hour, then met in the hall and moved as quietly down the stairs as they could. No one seemed to notice as they slipped out of the house and removed their bicycles from the shed, making as little noise as possible. The night air was crisp and the wind blew the fallen leaves along the streets.

"We should ride on the sidewalks,?Rixi suggested.?If we see a Getter patrol coming, we can dump the bikes in somebody?s garden and hide in the shadows.?

Ben nodded agreement, and they set off, the rubber tires making almost no sound at all on the smooth paving stones. That evening, Rixi had covered the reflectors of each bicycle with tape, so that a stray beam of light would not be enough to give them away, and they were both wearing the darkest clothes that they owned. There was only the one busy street that they had to cross, where the Getter patrols were most likely to be, and Rixi had already marked the dark place between two streetlamps which would afford them the most cover. It had been quite fun, that afternoon, riding up and down the streets until he was familiar enough with them to find his way back alone. They?d stopped at the corner opposite the mayor?s estate, close enough for him to get a good look at it, and yet not so close as to attract attention. While they?d been there, Ben had spotted a Getter patrol coming towards them from the left hand side of the estate, and instictively, he had leaned over and kissed Rixi, locking lips with her until the three Getters had gone by, saying only,?Move along, little lovers.?

Reluctantly releasing him from the kiss, Rixi had giggled,?Come on, little lover, let?s do as they say.?

Laughing together, they?d got on their bicycles and ridden down the street the Getters had just come up, turning at the next corner.

?Lead the way home, Ben,?Rixi had commanded, still smiling, and Ben had done just that, feeling extraordinarily pleased with himself, not only for being able to do so, but especially for thinking of the kiss in time to deflect suspicion from them and for the fact that Rixi had enjoyed kissing as much as he had. It had been a wonderful afternoon.

It was a heady feeling, to be out after curfew, riding along in the dark, knowing that he was going to do something to help convince the Getters to leave the planet. It was only a small thing, but it was a first step in the right direction, and the knowledge left inside of Ben a conviction of doing something right and good. He smiled to himself as he pedalled, thinking of the day before, when the Getters had forced him to stand with his hands against the wall and call himself an idiot. One day soon, he told himself, there wouldn?t be any more of that. There wouldn?t be any Getter patrols in the city, or any curfew, and people could walk around without having to worry about being harassed. He was helping it come about.

They reached the estate without incident, and stopped on the same corner where they had paused in the afternoon. Ben glanced up and down the street. No one was visible, and except for the light wind, there was no sound.

"You stay here,?he said to Rixi.?Keep watch. If you see someone coming, get my attention. Here, find a rock and throw it at me. Whatever you do, don?t call out.?

Rixi nodded, and began glancing around for a small stone. As she parked her bike and walked back to the garden of the nearest house, Ben took another look at the street, then pedalled across it and pulled the can of paint from the back of his belt. Removing the lid and shaking it, he began to spray large letters on the wall that surrounded the estate. GETTERS GO HOME. When he?d finished, he looked around again. It had begun to rain in the meantime, but other than that, there was no change, and he turned back to the wall, determined to add his own, personal message to the others who were looking for him.

He?d just finished the M in JEDI GO HOME when something hit him in the back. Turning around q

3. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Great post, Jane! I wonder if Qui-gon could recognize Obi's handwriting? Either way he is going to get a shock!

4. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Oh, great post Jane! I loved every little bit of it, from checking out the area, the kiss (awww!), the excitement of their midnight escapade to the angry scene back home.

I'm already looking forward to the next one!

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Great post Jane!

6. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    Great stuff Jane!!

7. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yeah, Jane...that was great! Very descriptive! And they kissed! :) :)

aa :D

8. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Unfortunately handwriting is different from large letters spray painted on a wall. I sincerely doubt that Qui-gon would be able to recognise it.

That was great, Jane. I liked the fact that Obi-wan used Force speed without knowing it, and that the others don't recognise it as a Jedi thing.

9. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Where's Qui-Gon during all this? He wouldn't be taking a passive role in looking for his Padawan!

10. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I can't believe I haven't read this before now! Great story.

11. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Little does Obi know he's the jedi that needs to go home... after kicking some getter butt of course.

12. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    I just found and read this story tonight! It's Awesome!!! I love it! Nice work Jane Jinn!
    And I CAN'T believe he cut off his braid and threw it out!!! EGADS MAN, is he nuts!?!? I would keep it (after being cut off) even if I didn't know what it meant, because it might be a key to his past!

GREAT story! Can't wait for more!!!

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for all the replies, everybody. I'm so glad you're enjoying it, and I hope this next post answers some of your questions.

The next morning after breakfast, Qui-Gon Jinn went out with Mayor Ech-to-tha to survey the graffiti.

"Getters go home. Jedi go home,?he read aloud, his brain automatically supplying the missing E.

"Not very original, but then I?d hardly expect a sixteen line sonnet,?the mayor snorted.?And purple paint. Interesting.?

Qui-Gon stared at the letters. The J in particular reminded him of Obi-Wan. His apprentice drew his J?s in exactly the same way, with the end of the curve coming back around to point to the right, instead of straight up. Stop it, he told himself firmly. It was a coincidence, nothing more, a similarity caused by the paint can. Obi-Wan had not painted this message. Why should he? He was a Jedi, too.

But where was he? His apprentice had been missing for almost two weeks now, and there was still no sign of him, no word, no loosening of his mental shields. Qui-Gon had taken to walking the streets in the evenings after the negotiations, stopping in the pubs and other public places, asking if anybody had seen the boy. Nobody admitted to it. There?d been a brief flicker of hope a few days ago when the guards had told him they?d found someone without an identity disc, trying to steal a car, but although that boy had been close to Obi-Wan in height and colouring, it hadn?t been his Padawan. He?d laid his hand on the young man?s head, intending to use the Force to help heal the injuries he?d got while ?resisting arrest?, but the surge of sheer terror that the young man had unintentionally broadcast had made him remove his hand very quickly, and then the guards had dragged the boy away.

So the Theosnens were afraid of him, a Jedi. No doubt they?d only heard the worst of the rumours flying around the galaxy, distorted out of all proportion. Qui-Gon guessed that the Get-tro-wens kept them isolated as much as possible, but there was always room for a rumour to slip through. Although the Theosnens had managed to smuggle out an appeal for help to the Galactic Senate, and the Chancellor had personally sent the Jedi to investigate, the Get-tro-wens used every tactic they could think of to stall the negotiations without seeming to do so. They also managed to make it appear, at least to the Theosnens, as though they had invited the Jedi here and that the Jedi were working for them, even though Qui-Gon was daily trying his best to negotiate a treaty that would at least pave the way for another, one that would hopefully be more fair for the Theosnens. It was extremely difficult to keep his focus on the talks and not to worry about Obi-Wan while he was there, and the Getters had refused his request to bring in other Jedi to help.

"The Nens are getting bolder,?Ech-to-tha said.?This is the second time I?ve found graffiti on my wall. My Internal Security Forces saw the boy on their cameras and informed the nearest patrol, but he saw them coming and managed to get away on his bicycle.?

Qui-Gon had already noted that the Mayor?s bodyguards, which he referred to as the Internal Security Force, did not leave the estate unless they were guarding the Mayor on official business. They did regular patrols of the house and grounds and otherwise relied on the surveillance screens. It all seemed fairly lax to the Jedi, who had seen tighter and much more complicated security systems on a dozen different worlds, but if the Mayor was content with their work, there was no need to say anything. Ech-to-tha probably had no reason to believe that anything more was necessary. Qui-Gon hoped he never did.

"Speaking of boys, have you heard anything of your apprentice??Ech-to-tha had grown used to Qui-Gon?s absences each evening until curfew.

Qui-Gon shook his head. He could feel through the Force that he would find the boy eventually, but he hadn?t yet.

"Some of my advisors have wondered--this is not my personal opinion, of course--but they have wondered if he h

14. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Oh no, Qui! don't think that!!! Interesting that he DID notice the J was different. Now, did lil Obi come up on the surveilance vid? Hmm?

aa :D

15. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Poor Qui-gon. Yeah, Obi gets beat up a lot, but poor Qui has to deal with the aftermath and worry about the boy the whole time he's gone, and agonize over what may be happening to him.

16. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    ohh...poor Qui-Gon! Obi-Wan didn't you!! Have faith in your apprentice!
    MORE!!!!

17. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    I definately like the intrigue in this story. I also like how you post pretty often. :)

18. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good, Jane!!!

19. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    NO, Qui-Gon!!! Obi can't help it! He's not betraying you!

Great, closer 'inspections' means more beatings :-(

20. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh boy, what have you got our boys into?

I can't believe Qui-Gon couln't tell why the prisoner was really afraid. I hope he realizes before it't too late!

21. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    yeah, me too. besides would they actually bring obi to his master after beating him? They couldn't have really thought that that was obi could they? and why was obi running through the street in his underware? Where the getters trying to kidnap him and he exscaped? or........ or I have to wait untill you post more... <sigh>

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ben and Rixi's midnight escapades were terribly suspenseful.

And I loved her father's reaction!!!

I find it interesting that the Getters were the ones to suggest to Qui-Gon the possiblity of his Padawan being brainwashed...and for some reason highly suspscious.

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    ?Those twice-blasted Getters!?Wylan said, glancing around the group of men gathered in the pub ten days later. They had pushed two tables together for this emergency meeting after the details of the treaty had been released that morning, and there were two look-outs at the door.?We appeal to the Galactic Senate for help, we think we?re getting somewhere, but what happens? The Getters bring in the Jedi! The negotiations are a sham! We want freedom, we want the occupation to end, and they only reduce it. Reduce! What does it matter how many troops they have here! They?re still here, that?s the problem! We?re not free, we?re not independent! And whose fault is it? The Jedi?s. Them and their mind tricks. They influenced our representatives, made them give in and accept it. They?re as bad as the Getters. Worse!?

"We?ve got to do something,?said one of the other men.?As long as those Getters are here, they?ll walk all over us.?

"Treat us like animals.?

"We?ve got to hit them where it hurts, really hurts.?

"Kill ?em all,?one man muttered darkly.?Especially the Jedi.?

"You can?t kill a Jedi,?said Wylan.?And killing is not the answer. But maybe kidnapping is.?

"Who? The Mayor? The Getters have got dozens just like him. They?ll write him off and replace him, and nobody will know the difference.?

"His son,?Wylan said, and there was silence in the group.

"His son??Ben asked quietly after a moment.

"He?s four years old,?said Dr. Maethum.

"Just the right age.?

"We?ll lose sympathy among the people if we kill a child that young.?

"We don?t have a choice, men! They?ve got our backs against the wall! They might reduce their troops here--I say, might. But they?re still controlling us. We only have a shadow government, and no say in what happens to us. All we can do is vote for representatives, who then go off and achieve nothing, because the Getters won?t let them. We?ve seen that they?ll even bring in the Jedi to help control us, manipulate our minds, so that we?ll be content with less. I say, we kidnap the mayor?s son and threaten to kill him if they don?t send the Jedi away and re-open the negotiations. Then mybe we can get them off our planet forever!?

"I don?t like this,?said Dr. Maethum.?I have a feeling this would not be good.?

"You don?t have to go along with it,?Wylan said.

"There must be something else we can do besides kidnap and kill an innocent child!?

"Killing grown Getters wouldn?t get us anywhere! We have to do this.?

"I?m not going along with it, then.?Dr. Maethum stood up, and Ben, feeling similarly horrified, went to follow him. Wylan caught his arm as he went by.?Ben, may I speak to you in private for a moment? Don?t leave yet, people, this won?t take long.?

They went to the office and Wylan said,?Ben, you shoot better than anybody else I?ve ever seen. We need you to take out the security cameras and the guards.?

"I won?t,?said Ben.?Wylan, it?s a little boy we?re talking about!?

"No, we?re talking about our freedom, Ben. If you don?t help us, we won?t be successful. We?ll be caught, tortured, and executed, and nothing will change. The Getters will still be here. You?re fast with a blaster and you never miss. Now, I don?t want to do this to you, but if you don?t come along, I might just remember that you had a braid when I first saw you, and I might just mention this to an acquaintance that I have, who unfortunately has the reputation of being a Getter informer.?

Ben stared at him.?You?d turn me in? You?d hand me over to the Getters??

"All you have to do is come along and practise your marksmanship a little. I have four children, Ben. I know that I would do anything to get them back if the Getters kidnapped them, and that?s how I know that Mayor Ech-to-tha will do anything to get his son back. We will be successful, Ben, and nobody will get killed. It?s going to work!?

"What do you mean, nobody will get killed? If I shot the guards, then they?d be dead, wouldn?t they??

"Oh, Ben, don?t be daft. Do you reall

24. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    The intrigue gets better and better...

:)

25. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Wow, things are really getting tense now. Wylan does not sound like the person to trust and I'm sure he's lying about the weapons and not planning to kill the kid. Where is Obi's force sense now when he needs it the most? Great post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.