main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Jedi: Their Roles and Philosophies in Star Wars TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by The Chalk Jedi, Nov 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Yoda didn't just say Luke was the last Jedi, he also instructed him to pass on what he learned because he is the last Jedi. Bending the rules for a pair of non-practicing ex-Padawans like Ahsoka and Grogu is one thing, a full fledged Jedi Master or Knight that is neither Luke nor Leia showing up with the intention of training Grogu as a Jedi I feel is another. At that point Luke isn't just not the last hope. He doesn't even come close to consideration as primary hope.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    A guest appearance by de-aged Mark Hamill might just be what this year needs.

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    We need Darth Vader.

(Edit: or Plagueis of course)

Sauron_18 and Lulu Mars like this.
  4. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    It's kind of stupid to flee and hide yourself on a remote unknown swamp planet, only to from there send you feelies all over the place looking for a chat with any old homie? Knowing full well that your enemy is looking for you and has the same magic that you have? Yoda being out of touch on Dagobah is definitely not a plot hole anyway you put it.
    It would make sense for him to use only the most low-key Force tricks

5. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I'll sneak this in at the 11th hour...

So, after finally reading the Kylo Ren Marvel series, a few thoughts and speculations; and Kylo Ren came to mind because of the blue Force butterflies flying around Grogu. This volunteer of Moff Gideon's, and it's schlocky and comic book-y, but the inspiration comes from a somewhat schlocky (in my opinion) comic series, but could this volunteer be Ren? And this is how Ren developed his Force ability. Again, schlocky and comic book-y, but hey, this donor/volunteer storyline can go either way. It can be kind of cool, or a little hokey.

Or a somewhat more interesting idea, might one of the parties that seeks out little Grogu be a young Ren and the rest of the Knights of Ren? When Luke and a young Ben and Lor San Tekka first encounter Ren and the Knights of Ren it's at an ancient Jedi outpost, and Ren and the Knights of Ren are there to steal the Jedi artifacts within; et al. So Jon Favreau may want to play with Ren and the Knights of Ren. And the whole Knights of Ren aesthetic would fit in perfect with The Mandalorian.

Final thought and speculation, and one I actually kind of like, but the aforementioned Lor San Tekka. I've seen others mention him and the Church of the Force, and I've thought about him himself. I think he would be an interesting character to show up looking for Grogu. And Lor San Tekka is a character that can travel with Din and Grogu and not overshadow Din. And you'll always have Luke Skywalker hanging out there. I could see this happening.

A member from the Church of the Force would also be cool to me, or the entire concept itself. And George Lucas had intended to use the Church of the Force in Underworld.

Anyway, just putting this in, so if it happens I can be like, "Ha, guessed it!" :cool:

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think the Volunteer is, simply, Palpatine.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Or his "weak" clone son who is Rey's dad. Palps wouldn't be a "volunteer" for anything.

Bor Mullet and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  8. jaimestarr

jaimestarr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2004
    I agree about Grogu. Ahsoka though...

You categorize her "non-practicing"? What does that mean to you? When we see her in The Mandalorian, she is in full on Jedi mode, is she not? Using lightsabers, The Force, liberating worlds, enacting justice wherever she is....

9. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    So far, she's "non-practicing" in repopulating and perpetuating the Jedi Order.

jaimestarr and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She could easily be interpreted as the light side equivalent of whatever nonsense Kylo Ren was supposedly practicing in TFA and TLJ: Dark Side? Check. Red lightsaber? Check. Black robes? Check. Goal to subjugate the universe using the Force? Check. Sith? "No. What the hell are you crazy? This is not the Sith at all! This is something else. Just because you operate similarly to the Sith doesn't mean you are Sith!"

Yoda could very well be interpreted as passing the Jedi "Order" to Luke in RotJ rather than just blanketly stating that Luke is the last decent person with access to the Force who would bother to use it for good and justice. Yoda clearly wanted to pass on the Jedi "Order" to another. Ahsoka uses what she has learned to make a difference in the Galaxy but is obviously not concerned with titles, ranks or tenets of an organization being passed on to others.

11. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Yoda was right, from a certain point of view. It’s classic Star Wars to retcon things. Sometimes it’s clean, other times it isn’t.

Yoda lost contact with Ezra and Ahsoka. He may not have had contact with any other Jedi. In any case, neither of them could have defeated Vader and the Emperor. So Luke was still the Jedi Order’s last hope, because . . .

What Grogu did on the seeing stone would have been a death sentence when Vader and the Emperor were alive. His reaching out might be the first time other surviving Jedi learn that there are other survivors. And the first indication that the Sith are gone.

Well, gone for now. You can bet there’s someone in Exegol whose interest has been piqued. I’m hoping we do get to see at least a little bit of his servant, even if it’s only as another cameo.

12. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Nope. It most definitely does not NEED that!

The Chalk Jedi and RetropME like this.
  13. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    O...kay.

14. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Do you not think this show hold up on its own? It desperately needs Luke to show up and save the day? Just wondering.

15. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I've decided I like the Ahsoka theory more than the others going around -- mostly for simplicity and lack of baggage, and for my wanting to see more of her in live action. But it would also be kinda funny if this plot point turned out to be hidden in plain sight, in the Chapter 13 title.

16. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't know how to explain my post. We're just on different frequencies right now :)

17. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I’m wondering where Grogu was during the ST and how they will explain that if he does interact with Luke

TadoFett likes this.
  18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I am pretty sure she (?) said that this year, as in 2020, needs that. Not the show.
    And to be honest, if we got Luke Skywalker in the Mandalorian in the final episode and if it was done well, why not?
    I know I would love it. He is alive in that timeframe. He is a Jedi. It makes sense for him to appear.
    So, there should not be a problem with that.

19. Force620

Force620 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 5, 2018
    My prediction is that Mando, Fett, and others will rescue Grogu without Jedi help. At the end we’ll see a hooded figure approach the seeing stone on Tython with the season ending on a cliffhanger as to their identity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    It's Kanan. When the fuel container exploded, he didn't die. It just knocked him to the ground and knocked him out. So he's back, because, well no one really dies in Star Wars, and why not, I've seen worse suggestions. At least Kanan already has experience as a mentor and fulfilling the mentor's role of dying. Sorry, I mean pretend dying.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We saw his force ghost/whatever the heck that was in Rebels

22. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Ahsoka was also a force wolf before Filoni changed his mind and made her not dead, so Kanan as a force wolf is just following Ahsoka's lead.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No she wasn’t. At least not that I can recall

24. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It's probably just me, but I think it would be cool if Gideon's experiments led to the creation of Starkiller.

Having a Starkiller character would give a more interesting reason behind the name Starkiller base other than just its literal function and as homage.

25. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    Sound so realistic that I almost feel as if I just watched the season's final. ^^

RetropME likes this.