main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Jedi: Their Roles and Philosophies in Star Wars TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by The Chalk Jedi, Nov 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I predict a post Rise of Skywalker Rey visits the temple on Lothal, and finds the world between world portal. She sees Grogu about to be experimented on, and reaches through and saves him. Then takes him to her timeline and trains him as her first student. Then returns him to Din as a fully trained Jedi.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  2. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Mara jade do you think she has a chance ? we have thrawn so why not !?

3. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Nope, none at all. They've all but told us that she won't be coming back into Canon.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  4. my final prediction the jedi is Yaddle ,Luke, Kyle or Cal

5. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    My final prediction is... and I don't think anyone will notice...

Luke Skywalker.

I bet I'm right.

:cool:

The Chalk Jedi and RyanForder like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was so good seeing Luke again I can’t wait until we see them both again

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It was Luke Skywalker.

8. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    It was so nice seeing Luke again that was such a great emotional episode, I’m wondering where the series goes from here in regards to that and if Grogu will come back?? and will we see more of Luke in the story?

whostheBossk and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I think those posts proved us correct @Lulu Mars , don't you think? :luke::greensaber:

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. Though lots of people predicted and hoped for his arrival in the finale. ;)

Lulu Mars and DarthFixxxer like this.
  11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    And yet no one could have predicted how beautiful it was and in what amazing way it was delivered [face_laugh]
    And the music. The ******* music. That shift to the symphonic epic classical tone was the best choice.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Goransson’s genius cannot be overestimated.

13. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Lots of people were correct... but none as correct as me and @DarthFixxxer! [face_peace][face_party]:p

LG is absolutely a musical genius. That sequence is a perfect amalgam of classical and modern that's somehow haunting and triumphant at the same time.
    One of my favorite moments is the one where Luke sends a droid's head flying, knocking another droid over with it. For an instant, there's a natural pause in the music where the only sound you hear is that of the two heads colliding, then the music kicks in again.
    Beautiful composition and gorgeous sound design!

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Haha, no I was merely making a joke cause I came across our previous posts randomly. I do think that a LOT of people were right about Luke showing up. However, and that's the beauty of cinema, I think no one was absolutely certain that he will appear. And this is where Favreau and Filoni succeed. They showed what narratively makes sense, but we still had our doubts before actually seeing it. It did help them that Luke had become "untouchable" (completely falsely) by Disney so far.

mtt02263 and Lulu Mars like this.
  15. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Totally! I was sitting there, not quite getting it at first. "Oh, an X-wing... I guess a fleet is on it's way...?" [face_thinking]
    Then it hit me that this might be Luke. But I didn't quite dare believe it. Even when I saw him mowing down the dark troopers, with a green lightsaber blade (I didn't take note of the handle design at first) and one gloved hand, I couldn't be sure.
    It wasn't until he entered the bridge and was about to pull back his hood that I knew.

That's how improbable Luke seemed to me. Especially with a digital face, in a TV show.

But storywise, he was always the most logical choice, of course. If it was going to be anyone, it pretty much had to be him.

The Chalk Jedi and DarthFixxxer like this.
  16. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Someone else mentioned it, but the "previously" scenes do spoil the episode a bit. Including Ahsoka saying "There aren't many Jedi left" told me they were going to bring in *a* Jedi, and with so much other plot to wrap up, I figured they weren't going to try to explain Ezra or Cal Kestis or Oppo Rancisis or whatever, and it obviously wouldn't be Ahsoka changing her mind. So, Luke.

17. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    They can introduce Mara Jade
    Lukes future is just a mess and they have to write around the black period of him training kylo and his lack of a family now
    Luke can have a secret family with mara jade that he kept secret because of X or Y and no one would complain because then we'd have a legit opportunity to retain some semblance of legends canon post disney

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No Luke is not gonna have a secret family

RetropME likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Luke like all jedi have no family outside his siblings and their family.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    They don’t spoil. They just remind audiences of what they’ve already watched. And as Favreau doesn’t rely on cheap twists, but rather, sets up everything carefully, expecting a Jedi to arrive works with his storytelling approach.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  21. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    That is one of the things I like with Favreau. He's usually pretty straight forward in his story telling.

22. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It helps when you have a story to tell and confidence in telling it.

RetropME likes this.
  23. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    I want to see that. Luke's appearance in The Mandalorian has turned me into an extremist. The fact that Ahsoka and Luke's scenes in the TV show achieved heights not even dreamt of in the entire ST did it for me. I now want the entire ST stricken from the record. Among many failures of the ST is the really pathetic life they gave Luke. Not only did they make him a coward, but they made his life an absolute misery.
    • Orphan
    • Raised since birth by his step-uncle/aunt who he knows as his parents. They are killed and he finds their charred bodies himself.
    • Briefly finds new father-figured in Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is killed before his eyes.
    • Has his hand severed and finds out that the most evil villain in the galaxy is his father.
    • His third father-figure (Yoda) dies.
    • Is almost killed by Sidious. His father saves him, and Luke briefly connects with him. Then his father dies.
    cut to:
    • Considers murdering his nephew, who then murders all Luke's other students and flees.
    • Luke maroons himself, alone, and severs his connection to The Force.
    • Nephew, trained by Luke, is directly or indirectly responsible for killing millions/billions.
    • Nephew murders Luke's brother-in-law.
    • Luke projects his image to distract Nephew from murdering Leia+.
    • Luke dies.
    He dies with 0 successful apprentices. No children. Only 2 living relatives (Leia) who will soon die, and evil Kylo Ren. His greatest accomplishment (defeating the Emperor) was even undone with undead Sidious. On Luke's death, the Resistance was all but completely destroyed.

They really brought the hero of the story low. I'm fine with whatever means they have to use to strike all that garbage. I don't normally like retcons, but I'll take any leap necessary to unmake the ST mess. ...and I'd totally like to see a [Sebastian Stan] Luke marry Mara Jade.

MrDarth0, makare2000 and mtt02263 like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    funny as GL hated Mara Jade and the idea of him marrying and having kids even Filoni is with RJ on the idea of Luke in TLJ. the ST will still be there and there will be ties to it. the will be small retcons like it was to the PT and OT. We already have snoke clones. There over 20 years to make content off.

Master Cado Afu and Django Fett like this.
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    There's only one person I know that is pushing the Mara Jade angle, how right is Mister Zeroh normally?