main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Jedi Snapshots 2 (JA short stories - humor/serious)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    Great job Lilith! I love races!

LOL Jane, that was great! I was LMHO!

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay, here's the second part. :) Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crash and Burn, Part 2

Coming off the track and into a pit area, Lilith returned her borrowed swoop and walked back out to the track to look around. She?d half wanted to find War and congratulate him, but the tension hanging in the air was getting -more- pronounced, not less, now that the race was over. Something was going down, something big and the young freighter captain was beginning to worry that maybe she?d picked the wrong day to race on Coruscant.

The crowds were beginning to melt away, a few of the friendlier gangs stopping to mix a bit and chat. Lilith watched, keen to see which groups mingled with which, and which kept their hands near their weapons. Such knowledge could be important to a smuggler.

Ambling toward the stands, Lilith began to climb the stairs out of the track area on the way to the entrance. The various gang colors weren?t hard to spot, and she carefully wove a path through them that never brought her nearer one group than another. In this atmosphere anything could be badly misconstrued, lethally misconstrued.

Everything was winding down when the paranoia that had kept her alive since her parents? deaths reared it?s head. Jerking around to find the source of it, Lilith?s muddy green eyes searched her surroundings and locked upon a small hand blaster that had appeared in the midst of the masses still in the stands. Every action around her slowed to a crawl as her brain analyzed what it was seeing. The smuggler?s paranoia dribbled away just as soon as it had determined that the blaster was not pointed in her direction. Once that vital fact registered, the others filtered quickly through her mind, her instincts swiftly sifting them into a clear picture of intent.

The arm raising the weapon for its shot was clad in white with gold piping. It took no great genius to figure out which gang the shooter was from and who his target just might be. The race winner, War, was striding along the track toward where the rest of the gang and quite a few unaffiliated spectators were waiting, a few moving out to greet him. But unless the shooter was willing to wait and risk being spotted or losing War in the crowd of his fellows, his angle was far too low. So War wasn?t the target.

A grey-green gaze, as hard as durasteel, scanned the edge of the track and again checked the angle of the blaster. There were several candidates in the target area, but only one of them was the unerring goal of War?s current trajectory. The red chess knight on the back of the woman?s jacket was mostly obscured by a long thick braid of pale golden hair, and judging by those around her, she was -short-. War had his hands extended toward her in invitation, but her gesturing finger indicated that he was to come to her.

//A small girl with a blaster aimed at her!//

Lilith?s subconscious superimposed the memory of her own experience over the present situation and Demodae?s body jolted into action before rational thought could reach a decision.

Tall frame hurtling back down the steps through the thinning crowd, Lilith spared only fleeting glances at the blaster as it settled on its mark and steadied. It was gonna be close. Too close. But the voice of Corellia within her whispered urgently. **Damn the odds!! She needs you.**

War caught sight of the bleached blond amazon barreling down on the woman and broke into a run, his expression suddenly anxious. Other members of the gang looked abruptly went on the defensive and tried to spot the danger and the non-members became confused.

Time slowed even farther and the finger tightened on the trigger.

Lilith leapt forward.

The Corellian?s long arms wrapped around the woman?s slender form. Immediately, the smuggler ducked one shoulder and started them rolling through the air, searing heat flashing across her back. Time snapped back to its normal course and Lilith was aware of screams and outraged shouts and the snarling report of blaste

3. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Good job Lilith! WAHOO!

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Great Snapshot Lillith~

Kithera

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice job, Lilith, both of them!

6. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I like Lilith more and more as a character everytime I read something new about her. Great snapshot!

7. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Good one Lilith! She's a really great character.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Lilith, that was fantasic.

Funny thing is I wondered if I should check this thread just before pressing the 'send' button to PM you. Should've listened to the Force.

The way time slowed as Lilith digested the situation, her reactions and actions...superb!

And to see it so vividly!!!

Lilith is just the kind of person I'd love to count among my friends, she's awesome!

9. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    I'm with Leona - Lilith is someone I'd definitely want on my side!

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I could have sworn I posted! Lilith is so cool, and I definately would not want to get on her bad side!

11. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wonderful, Lilith!!

Here's a quick one I just thought up, hope you enjoy it!

~*~*~*~*~*~

A 'HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION'

Healer Leona paced the infirmary worriedly. An-Paj would not be happy when he found out that some equipment was missing. And when the wrath of An-Paj was invoked, all the Healers suffered.

Leona tapped her fingers nervously. She wasn?t exactly thrilled to be the one to have to tell him. Bracing herself, Leona sat down at the computer terminal and punched in a connection.

A few minutes later a rather rumpled and grumpy looking blue-skinned alien appeared onscreen. ?Yes?? An-Paj harrumphed.

Leona summoned up a brave smile. ?I?m sorry to disturb you, but there?s a small problem at the Infirmary.?

An-Paj?s expression immediately changed to one of concern. ?What did Kenobi do now??

?Um...it?s not him, for once. There?s a bone-knitter missing.?

?What in the Force would someone want with a bone-knitter?? An-Paj grumbled. ?I?ll be right there. Number Three is not going to happy, though.?

?Number Three?? Leona asked in bafflement.

?Yes, she doesn?t like to be kept waiting,? An-Paj said with a grin.

?Oh. Of course,? Leona blushed. ?I see. Well... I can take care of the report myself.?

?I would appreciate it, Leona,? An-Paj replied. ?It looks like I might get *some* sleep tonight, after all.?

An-Paj grimaced as he looked at the *new* list of missing items. ?Crutches, a bandage, some bacta and a bottle of painkillers.?

Leona made a face. ?What in the Force would someone want with those??

An-Paj thoughtfully tapped the datapad against his chin. ?Well, considering that our favorite patient, who can?t go five minutes without hurting himself, hasn?t been in her for the last three days... I believe I know exactly who our thief is.?

?Padawan Kenobi?? Leona asked quizzically.

An-Paj grinned wolfishly. ?The one and only.?

That night the sickbay was dark and quiet except for the muted beeps of medical machines. An-Paj waited patiently in the corner, shielding his presence in the Force.

He didn?t have very long to wait.

There was a small scraping sound as the door to the infirmary opened. Silence reigned for a few minutes, and then a dark shadow tiptoed into the room where An-Paj was.

There was a thud as the figure ran into something and a muffled, ?Sith!?

An-Paj grinned. He had his thief.

The figure stole over to the cabinets at the far end of the room and eased one open. A hand reached into the cupboard and quickly dug around.

An-Paj silently rose to his feet and crept forward, strengthening his mental shields. He stood right behind the figure. ?Lights,? An-Paj called, crossing his arms. ?Why, hello.?

The figure whirled in surprise, his mouth dropping open. ?What are you doing here-?!?

An-Paj grinned wolfishly. ?I could ask you the same question, Qui-Gon.?

?So what happened and why wasn?t your Padawan taken to the Infirmary?? An-Paj asked with a sly smile, pushing an anti-grav stretcher down the hallway. If Qui-Gon?s doctoring skills resembled his cooking in any way, they?d need it.

Qui-Gon groaned. ?Because I didn?t want to have to tell you what I did.?

An-Paj raised an eyebrow. ?What *you* did? And here I thought we were discussing your apprentice.?

Qui-Gon?s face burned red.

An-Paj grinned. ?What *did* you do, Qui-Gon??

Qui-Gon turned even more red. ?Now *suppose* ? as a hypothetical situation, of course ? that my padawan and I were in the training rooms when a certain Master by the name of Sal-Fina ? just an example, of course ? happened to say that her padawan was better than mine. And, in this hypothetical situation, I happened to tell her that my padawan could do the oh, twenty-sixth kata-?

?Twenty-sixth?? An-Paj interrupted in shock. ?Gods, Qui-Gon!! What were you thinking??

Qui-Gon resolutely ignored him. ?-and convinced my padawan, after some strong persuasion-?

?Force is more like it,? An-Paj muttered.

?-to try it, which he did,? Qui-Gon fin

12. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Tee hee! That was great!!! So, hypothetically speaking.... just kidding.

More please.

13. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    WAHOO! GIMPY! LOL! Nice to see you 'round this way!

14. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Obi torture of the finest kind!!!!

Wonderful, Gimpy!

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    This snapshot basically sets up my next story, which I will start posting after I finish reposting Promises Kept.

*It?s Not Easy Being Green*

He was coming today. Usually she always looked forward to his visits, but not today. She felt the tears start to form, but quickly shook them away. No, if she had to see him, she wouldn?t cry in front of him, ever. She suddenly heard him out in the hall and did the first thing that came to her mind. Hid under the covers of her bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

?Hello Ven.? Qui-Gon greeted the man warmly. He had always seemed like a good man and to put up with Rela he had to be.

?Welcome Master Jinn.? Ven replied.
    ?Please, call me...?
    ?No sir. I couldn?t do that. It wouldn?t be proper. What brings you here today, sir??

Qui-Gon smiled inwardly. Ven was also a sly one, either that or his wife never told him anything. Since Rela?s eighth birthday two weeks ago, Qui-Gon had been somewhat concerned about the small girl, but a passing comment by Spiri had brought him some hope. Maybe, Force be willing, things would work out.

?Spiri had contacted me Ven. She had said you both had wanted to speak to me about something.?

?That?s right!? Ven said remembering. ?I don?t know where I?ve put my mind. Spiri should be back in a moment. Did you want to see Rela? She?s in her room.?
    ?Actually Ven, I thought I would wait until after we talked. That way I can give her the good news if you don?t mind??
    ?Why not at all, sir. That is your right and she would probably be happier hearing it from you.?

The two men waited in silence for Spiri to come back from her errand. She soon joined them with an embarrassed look on her face.

?Master Jinn! I am so sorry that I?m late. I never thought it would take as long as it did. Would you like something to eat or drink??
    ?No thank you. I would rather get started. Have you mentioned anything to Rela??
    ?No, no, not yet. We wanted to mention it to you first. The dear girl is such an angel, we don?t want to get her hopes up.?

?This ~is~ Rela we?re talking about, correct??Qui-Gon asked confused.
    ?Yes sir. We didn?t want to say anything wrong to her.? Ven explained.

Qui-Gon, who was still trying to get his mind wrapped around the fact that they had called Rela an angel, started to pay close attention to the couple. They seemed eager, almost too eager, but he remembered that they couldn?t have a family of their own. He felt that they were good people, just a bit odd. Which in itself was good because so was Rela. He caught Ven and Spiri looking at each other anxiously wondering what the he was thinking. Qui-Gon knew what was best for Rela, but he couldn?t quite bring himself to give her up to them fully. She would have to make that choice. He looked up into the worried eyes of the couple and knew that this is what they wanted. It was all up to Rela now.

?I?ll tell her, but the final decision is up to her.? he told them finally. He rose and started towards Rela?s room.

?Now let?s see what our ~angel~ has been up to.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KNOCK, KNOCK
    ?Rela dear. It?s me Spiri. Master Jinn is here and wants to see you.

They quickly heard a muffled reply.

?Not today thank you. Maybe some other time.?

Ven and Spiri looked at each other in shock. If there was one thing they knew, it was that
    Rela always looked forward to Qui-Gon?s visits. She would drive them to the verge of insanity with all of her questions of when he was due to arrive. Maybe they had just heard wrong.

?Rela, dear? Master Jinn is here to see you. He has something important to tell you.? Spiri explained through the door.

?Umm, maybe tomorrow.? came the muffled reply again.

?Master Jinn...? Spiri started in disbelief, but Qui-Gon quickly waved her off.
    ?Something?s bothering her. Let me take of it from here.? he told them gently.

?Rela? May I come in?? he asked through the door.
    ?Do you have to?? she asked back doing her best not to cry.
    ?Yes, I?m afraid I do. Can you unlock the door for me??

He soon heard the

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Sniff! Poor Rela...no wonder she feels like the galaxy is against her. I love all the snapshots filling in the background to the characters we have grown to know and love. Keep it up Mouse! Can't wait for the next story :)

Darn, I s'pose I'll have to do some backstory on Jemmy now. Oh, well...sorry Calam!

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Gimpy, that Snapshot was hilarious! Shame, shame Master Jinn...a Jedi is suppose to be above pride. LOL

Mouse, first I'm laughing at Gimpy's post and the beginning of yours...green hair???
    Then I'm in tears over what those...people did to Rela. How could they?!?

But the good news is that your next story should be starting soon, huh???

18. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Awww, that was so sad, mouse!!!! How could those people be so mean to Rela? btw, that scene reminded me of Anne of Green Gables. I'm looking forward to a new story by you!

19. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    OooO Rela! That was so good!

Peeps, I'll get another snapshot up asap!

20. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Gimpy, that was funny! I loved how Obi had to show him how to use the bone knitters. He should know by now!

Mouse, Anne of Green Gables was one of my favourite books growing up, so it's nice to see it in here with a Star Wars twist! But the end was so sad...poor Rela, she'd been happy for once in her life and they've destroyed it. I'm looking forward to your story!

21. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    WOW!

I never realized that Anne of Green Gables was so universally loved! I love those books, too! Plus it just seemed like something Rela would have done when she was young.

22. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    I love Anne of Green Gables as well hehe, I've seen the movies (all three) read all the books. . .yeah hehe

23. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, it does seem like something Rela would do, mouse!! So... first JAG and then Anne of Green Gables, huh? LOL, I think we have a lot of the same tastes! ;)

24. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Gimpy, that was great! Qui-Gon *persuading* his Padawan to do the 26th kata, and then sneaking into the infirmary at night, trying to glean enough equipment to clean up the mess! Hah! I loved it! And the way Obi-Wan had to show him how to use the bone-knitters! Great!

Oh, Mouse, I am looking forward to that new Rela Quinn story so much! I can't believe you ended that Snapshot just there! Where did Rela go? What did Qui-Gon do to that couple? The part about the green hair lock was so sweet. You couldn't post another little Snapshot, could you? Please?

25. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    TITLE: Double Trouble?
    Part One

"I'm bored." Jemmiah grumbled.

An-Paj nodded.

"Yes, so you've said. At least ten times in the last half hour."
    "But there's nothing for me to do." Jemmy turned large, pleading, copper colored eyes to her jailer. "I hate just lying here. I've counted the tiles on the ceiling so often I'm beginning to imagine extra!"
    "Hallucinations?" An-Paj asked wickedly. "Well, there's nothing that can't be cured with the liberal use of calming injections?"
    "I never said that." The child replied, her round eyes getting bigger.
    "Just as well for you." The healer smiled as he tried to make sense of the latest data regarding his young patient.

Patient? He laughed at the very notion of this girl being patient. She'd been in here for two weeks now which had been fine whilst she was too ill to misbehave. Ever since her health had slowly began to improve the healers had been collectively bombarded with "I'm bored!" at regular intervals. He couldn't blame her for being a Corellian pain in the rear. The treatment was not very pleasant and had made her quite sick to begin with until they had sorted out the right medication for her. The wasting disease had taken its toll on any sense of humor that she might have possessed.

"Perhaps if I could get up?" The ten-year-old asked.
    "Absolutely not." An-Paj said sternly.
    "But you said I was getting better."
    "And so you are. But you are still a long way from being fully recovered and you don't have the strength."

As the girl scowled at him from underneath dark eyebrows, An-Paj took that determined expression as one of potential mutiny.

"I mean it." He emphasized. "You put so much as one foot out of these sheets without my permission and I'll have someone sat beside you at all times to make sure that you stay there."
    "You know something?" Jemmy glared at him.
    "What?"
    "I think you are perfectly horrible." She stuck out her tongue at him and then pulled the blankets over her head.

An-Paj shrugged his shoulders in resignation.

"Not perfectly horrible, no. Nobody's perfect. Very horrible will do me just fine." He said as he regarded the lump under the bed.

An hour later and Jemmy was still bored.

Master Jinn was going to pop in later to see how she was doing and bring Obi-Wan with him.

//That's a damn silly name// Jemmy thought with a sigh.

In the meantime, she was stuck in here with only the walls for company. Well, the screens at any rate. She hated the idea of being stared at and so she had begged An-Paj to close them and he'd agreed at first, knowing that she had been to unwell to get out of bed unassisted. But now?

She still wasn't well enough but that didn't mean she wasn't going to try.

He'd pulled them half round by way of a compromise.

She hardly knew anyone except for the few healers who had been called to attend her, An-Paj himself and his rather goofy padawan whose name began with an S, and Master Jinn and his rat tailed apprentice. Slowly but surely, Jemmiah was beginning to go mad. At her own inability to get better, more than anything else. Her appetite was non existent. The only reason she ate the few mouthfuls of garbage she was given was to get An-Paj off her case and more often then not it made her sick anyway. But she'd be damned if she'd just lie here and suffer.

She knew she could get up. She knew she could walk.

So, when it seemed as if there was nobody about Jemmiah slipped herself out of the covers and shifted round to the side of her bed, feet placed flatly on the cold floor.

//Oh, c'mon! This is easy! You've been able to do this for over eight and a bit years//

Funny how suddenly even a floor seemed scary. If she could just prove to herself that it was as easy as she believed then she could pester An-Paj to let her up and about the next time he came to see her.

"That's it Jemster. Show the galaxy that Corellians can't ever be beaten?" she encouraged herself.

The foot went one pace forward. Jemmy grabbed hold of the table