main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Jedi Snapshots 2 (JA short stories - humor/serious)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Bravo Mouse!

2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Wow, That was great!

It's so sad!

IS there a part three? Where's the Part Three!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I triple posted??? How the heck did that happen.
    Oh, well. This isn't the post I told you about, Jemmiah, just one that came to mind.

Family Matters

Part 3: Leona's POV

Eighteen hours. Eighteen hours since returning to the temple. Eighteen hours since the worlds of so many were turned upside down and inside out. Eighteen hours driven on pure adrenalin, lost completely in the Force, acting on instinct, void of emotion.

My years of training and experience serve me well and I do all I can, though not nearly all that I wish.

At least I've had the advantage of keeping my hands busy, (how I wish it weren't so) of keeping my mind firmly focused on the technical aspect of the patient (how I wish it weren't her).

I suppose I could consider myself lucky, I'm not one the those in the surgical family room, waiting endlessly for word on Jemmiah's condition.
    At least I can bring them a measure of good news.

I shouldn't feel such hesitation, this is a happy ending...well in time anyway.

As I push through the swinging doors all heads turn my way and I see mirrored in those faces the same sorrowful, pained look. Pleading eyes, puffed and red from tears gaze at me anxiously.

I'm so overwhelmed by the sudden, violent wave of emotion that surges through the Force that I almost falter.

I feel the anguish, the pain and the guilt they're all struggling with and I wish I had some words to relieve the unnecessary self-accusatory thoughts they're dealing with.

There is no blame to be laid here. Some things 'just happen' and yet I know the hollow ring of 'it's the will of the Force' all too well.

I can offer little real comfort to those so overwrought that they take on the blame of this tragedy as if in punishment for not being able to prevent it. Only time can heal those self-inflicted wounds but I'll give what supprt I can, if only with my prsence.

I steady myself and offer the group a reassuring smile. It's part of my job to be the strong one.

"She's stable and out of danger." I pause, allowing the words and meaning to sink in through the haze of emotional turmoil they're engulfed in.

Obi-Wan's haunted expression fades and he releases the breath he held in fear of the worst possible news. He breaks down, sobbing openly into his hands. Immediately he's encircled by the long, strong arms of his master whose own tears run freely down his face.

Elva, Rela and and Spider are in a three-way embrace and I hear the elder woman murmur a prayer of thanks.

Qui-Gon glances up at me and in his eyes I see gratitude, though I honestly wish I could do more.

After a long moment, Obi-Wan asks, "May I see her?"

"She's still sedated." I tell him gently, "An-Paj wants her in the bacta tank as soon as possible."

He holds my gaze, his eyes full of silent hope and I can't help but relent.

"Just five minutes." I say and as Qui-Gon helps him to rise the others automatically follow behind him.

I won't tell them no. They all need to see for themselves that she's alive. It had been so close. It's the first step in healing for them and for some it may be a long road.

As we enter, the Master Healer glares at me for only an instant, he too understands after looking at the heartache sketched across their faces.

Obi-Wan kneels at Jemmiah's side, carefully taking her hand in his, softly whispering into her ear. The others hang back a respectful distance. Spider and Reala silently weep, their hands clasped together in support.

Qui-Gon and Elva stand side by side, his arm draped around her shoulders. They look every bit the part of duly relieved parents.

When An-Paj finally ushers them out I feel my own pent up emotions wavering, so long held without release.

There's a hand on my arm and I turn to see the blue-skinned healer beside me.

"Go home Leona." he suggests.

I nod and slowly walk away. I will release my emotions into the Force alone, there's still so much work ahead and I will have to be strong.

4. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    Why do you all seem intent on making my cry today! :(

This is sooo good! More! More!

5. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    sniff..........this is so f:SNIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFF'n awesome.

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Leona, WOW! You had my crying into my cornflakes! Thanks you very much for writing that piece, it was very moving.

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Leona, I'm speechless!

SNIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF!

8. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Well-written Jemmiah, Mouse and Healer Leona!

All I want to know is, WHERE IS PART FOUR, and WHO IS WRITING IT?

More!!!

9. Lara_Notsil

Apr 30, 2000
    This was on page FOUR! Can you believe that?

Please don't leave us hanging. I personally would like to hear from Qui-Gon or Elva or Spider (I could go on, but you get the point)!

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Err...I'm not sure who's next. I'm doing Jemmy but she's going to have to be last. Who's doing Qui-Gon? Is it me or Mouse? Or was it Leona? I'm sorry, I'm confused after a long day's fruitless number crunching.

Lara, why don't you join in? Wanna be Evla? (Or Evie, as Qui-Gon used to call her). Or Spider?

11. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Patience is maybe a virtue, but I don't think it's one of mine..........

WHERE'S PART 4?!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Lara_Notsil

Apr 30, 2000
    Wow! I'm really honored that you asked me to write! :)

I'm not really sure if I can come up with something. I'll try, but if someone wants a go before me, have at it!

13. Lara_Notsil

Apr 30, 2000
    I think I have gotten up enough courage to give this a try. If it's not to your liking, I'll be gald to remove it.

Family Matters
    Part Four
    Evla?s Point of View

I?m so tried of sitting in this cold hard hospital chair. I want to pace the floor, but I just don?t have the strength. I?ve got a splitting headache, more than likely from all the crying than from my illness.

Sitting here watching Jemmiah float in the bacta is almost more than I can stand. It should be me, not her. She?s so young, full of life. Why must she know so much pain?

I?ve spent almost all of my entire life around children. Their wet kisses graced my face; their fearful tears stained my robes, and all the while I discovered how wonderful little ones are. I had hoped that Jemmiah too would learn this truth of life. I was certain that the moment they placed her baby in her arms, she would know that feeling, that love. The same love I feel for her.

Jemmiah can be such an irritating and rebellious charge, but I grew to think of her as mine. For her every act that brought utter aggravation there were two that brought my sheer admiration. When she was sick with the measles, she was so cranking and yet I would not leave her. I just couldn?t. I had to be near, to be able to reach out and touch her. Oh, how I?d give anything to do that now!

I see Obi-Wan with his hand placed on the glass tank. He looks so lost, so shattered! No, I won?t start crying. All the lumps they have been through together, there are just too many to count. Why this now? Why break their hearts one more time at the cusp of true joy? Why in the Force can?t they just be happy? Well, I didn?t think I had any more tears in me, but I managed to find them didn?t I?

Qui-Gon, he?s been the rock through all of this, but I?ve known him for too long. I?m well aware of the toll this is taking on him. While his acceptance was initially reluctant, he?d given his blessing to Ben and Jemmy, and while I doubt he?ll admit it, he was getting quiet accustomed to the idea of being a grandparent. I was too. Rela and Spider are trying to hold up as well, more for Jemmiah than any concern for their pride.

I?m so tried, I just want to sleep for a couple days straight, but I won?t. I won?t until Jemmiah?s out of the bacta. It should be me; I?m the one dying. I give my life for Jemmiah to be out of that tank health and up to her old tricks. With my dying breath, I?ll wish for her and Obi-Wan at least one moment of happiness that's not tainted with pain or sorrow.

When I become one with the Force, perhaps then I?ll understand why.

14. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey, wellcome to the ranks of Snapshot writers Lara!

I've only just read this. Wow, that was just how I saw Evla. Very touching, snif!

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Bravo Lara!! That was wonderful. These are such tear-jerkers.

16. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Wow. It was absolutely worth waiting for part four. Well done Lara! I hope Jemmy knows how many people love and care about her......

17. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    Mind if I try my and at FM part five? I'd like to do a Garos/Simeon piece. It'll be good, I promise! Yeah, I know they're not the most immediate characters in relation to Jem, but hey, they have feelings too!

(I can do sad. Just ask anybody who reads Stillborn)

18. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Fine with me, Wampasmak. I'm still struggling with ideas for Qui-Gon.

Anyone want to help? Mouse? Leona? Daphne?...

Are we going to see a (very) temporary truce between Cates and Hmiol? And remember, Simeon is still a tad on the green side from the Zoo trip! As a padawan healer I s'pose he'd be hanging around anyway.

Yeah, go on and post!

19. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Ok, writing it now. With Simeon, I'm just gonna try to convey how I felt when my best friends mother died. As for Hmiol, I'm gonna start moving into the fourth level of character development. I had this all planned out from the first post I made with Garos. We've gone through Dull, Dull Spy, and Dull Spy with a thirst for Revenge. Now we're gonna reach the very core of the character, and see WHY Hmiol is so withdrawn...

20. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    (Here goes. Hmiol is VERY screwed-up, but I'll go into why he's so mental later, possibly in LTP2. Of course, I may start hinting at it. And because this Hell-sent server has no Italics, I'm gonna use ~ for thoughts.)

Simeon Cates and Garos Hmiol sat alone in the Temple Refectory, in front of two trays that hadn't been touched.

Neither spoke.

Neither knew how they had come here, in fact. They had simply ended up there, sitting across from each other.

~I should be there for him...~ thought Simeon, ~He's my best friend, and I sit here (With HMIOL, of all people!) while he suffers. I want nothing more than to go comfort him. But I can't. This is his alone to work out. I just need to be there to pick up the pieces. Doesn't make it any easier...~

Meanwhile, across the table, Garos Hmiol had similar depressing thoughts.

~I hate sickness. I hate everything to do with sickness. I don't care what the masters say about hatred, I hate it, I hate what it does to peoples lives...~

~And most of all, I hate what it did for my life.~

And now sickness claimed another victim. His friend.

The thought startled Garos, and he took a moment to recover himself. Had he really just thought of Jemmiah as a friend?

Yes, he realized, all feuds and personality quirks aside, he found that somewhere deep down he had grown to trust them almost as much as his master. Was this what friendship was? Hmiol had always thought that friendship, if he ever experienced it,(Which had seemed highly unlikely for most of his life) would be something that reached up and hit him like a lightsaber. But... what if it wasn't? It made him think. Alot.

And he began to realize what the greenish padawan across from him must be going through.

Slowly, uncertain, Garos reached a consoling hand across and placed it atop Simeon's.

Neither spoke.

(Done. BTW, you might wanna consider doing one from Jemmiahs point of view. There's a limited awarness even in unconsciousness. And with Bens Force-enhancement, maybe she can hear his thoughts, although she wouldn't know what to make of them. She wouldn't even know who she was.

All (he,she,it?) would know was that (he,she,it?) felt a sudden pang of something from somewhere outside. And that (he,she,it?) didn't like it.

At least, I'm guessing that's kinda what it feels like to be in a coma or something. Just a thought.)

21. Lara_Notsil

Apr 30, 2000
    That was so wonderful and touching!

Garos comforting Simeon. It's amazing how tragedy brings people together.

More!

22. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    That was beautiful Wampasmak! I agree with Lara about how something tragic can bring people closer. I've seen it happen first hand.

Lara, you did a wonderous job on Elva's POV. Welcome and I hope you post more.

23. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Ohh... On one hand, now that I've started hinting at it, I can hardly wait to reveal the secrets of Hmiols past!

On the other hand, I know I don't want to do it till LTP2. And Jemmiah, don't you even think of starting another thread! I'd have to hurt you! I'm strecthed too thin already between JS, ANTAR, CCA and PSPM! :)

24. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
  25. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

This just keeps getting better!!! Now, where's Qui-Gon's bit?

(I know, impatient as ever!)