main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Jedi Snapshots 2 (JA short stories - humor/serious)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jul 3, 2000.

1. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Excellent ending, Marnie- taking down the pace without having it go flop, that takes a bit of a knack and you've got it spot on. Here's hoping Qui-Gon's story is taken to heart, indeed.

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    For those of you who like Simeon/Rela mush, enjoy! ;) And many thanks to Jane for letting me borrow An-Paj. Along with hoping that Jemmiah doesn't mind that I borrowed Millie. :)

Tongue Tied

?Master, you?re an expert on the women, right??
    ?Well since I?ve got six wives I would have to say no. Why??
    ?Well sir, how do you tell someone that you love them??

An-Paj blinked in surprise. That wasn?t something he was expecting. The way his padawan and his small redheaded girlfriend acted he would have expected that this stage was long gone. He leaned forward over his desk a bit as he studied his padawan.

?You haven?t told her yet?? he asked.

Simeon?s half-hearted shrug followed by some muttered mumblings was answer enough.

?Why not??
    ?I don?t know. It just never seemed to be the right time. Either that or I would be just about to tell her and something or someone would interrupt us.? Simeon shrugged. ?I just want it to be special.?

With a smile An-Paj stood up from behind his desk and grabbed a chart fromm a pile. He gave it a quick glance before answering Simeon.

?Padawan, just telling her will make it special. Just her hearing you say it will be enough.?
    ?But how sir??
    ?How what??
    ?How do I tell her??
    ?You say I love you.?

A startled Ferdi stared at them through the doorway where she had happened to be walking by. An-Paj just rolled his eyes and waved her on before looking back at his padawan sitting across from him.

?Are you going to tell her??
    ?Yes sir.? Simeon answered.
    ?Today??
    ?As soon as I see her.? Simeon promised. ?By lunchtime. Dark at the latest.?

Shaking his head An-Paj walked out of his office as he studied the chart leaving his padawan alone promising later and later times.

Several minutes later that was where Rela found him. Sitting alone in his master?s office mumbling to himself.

?Hey you!? Rela said surprising him. ?What are you doing in here??

Simeon?s mind seemed to go blank as he stared at Rela. Had she heard what he had been saying? Judging by the confused look on her face he didn?t think so. Gods she was so beautiful. What the hell did she see in him?

?Frizzy?? Rela prodded since he still hadn?t answered him.
    ?Eh??
    ?Frizzy, are you okay? You don?t quite seem yourself.? She told him giving him a strange look.

Simeon finally started to come to his senses and shook his head vigorously.

?Er? no I?m fine. I had been talking with An-Paj about something and just got caught up in it.?

Rela raised a skeptical eyebrow and crossed her arms in front of her.

?What?? Simeon asked innocently.
    ?What?s going on?? Rela asked back.
    ?Nothing!? Simeon answered a bit too quickly.

Rela threw her arms up in frustration and started to walk away. She suddenly turned back around and almost ran back to Simeon.

?It?s Obi and Jemmy, isn?t it? Something?s wrong.? She stated worriedly.
    ?No Rel. It?s not Obi and or Jemmy. They?re fine.? He promised as he took her hands in his.

Rela stepped back and looked at him.

?Is it me?? she whispered.
    ?Rel?? he started out.
    ?It is! It?s me.?

Simeon stood up and quickly taking her face in his hands kissed her. He stopped and brushed his nose up against hers.

?I need to tell you something.? He whispered to her.
    ?What??

For some reason that she didn?t understand Rela felt her heart begin to beat rapidly. What could he possibly have to tell her? Was she sick? Was she dying? That was most likely it. It was the way her life seemed to move. As soon as she was happy something would conspire against her to rip it away. Either that or get rid of her. Kriff! That was probably it. Simeon didn?t want her anymore.

Rela blinked and realized that Simeon had led her outside. A crowd was beginning to form at the door of the infirmary. The free clinic must be open today Rela mussed to herself. The next thing she knew Simeon was sitting her down on a bench. She looked up at him and saw him shake his head. He then picked her up and sat her on the back of t

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mouse those first lines had me paused laughing too hard to read. I loved how Rela expected the worst from Simeon's demeanor and then how he thought he bungled everything by telling her and his prayer to be granted 'just this' started my eyes tearing. I just love mush and even more so when it's Rela and Simeon.

A delightful snapshot Mouse!! :) :)

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Awww! that was soo sweet!

I don't know what to say, Mouse. That was just execptional!

Kit

5. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Awww! that was soo sweet!

I don't know what to say, Mouse. That was just execptional!

Kit

6. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Aww, Mouse! That was so cute! Simeon asking An-Paj's advice, wondering if he was an expert on women - and the master healer's answer was just hilarious! So he finally worked up the courage to tell her how he feels - and her too! Absolutely perfect! :)

7. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Marnie, superb story! All the details just came together so well. You're very talented, I hope you will write some more!

Mouse, that was so sweet! I particularly liked how he was banging his head against the door and how he reacted. Great snapshot!

8. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Thanks Leona, Kit', Jem, and Imzadi! Glad you liked it. Here's another one for ya. Enjoy! :)

A Slightly Different Point of View

Stretch.

Big yawn.

Sleepy. Sleepy.

?Tuffy!?

Uh oh! Owner Lady! Want to hide. Want to sleep. Ahhhh, sleepy sleepy. Poing. Poing. Ooooooohhhh!!! What?s that? Nosey chair! With nosey glass! What in it? Poing. Poing. Poing.

?Squeak!?

Tuffy Tube Rat in it!! Now Tuffy Tube Rat out! Owner Lady got me! Must squirm! Wiggle!

?Tuffy! You know better then to play in that glass! I need it so I can listen next door! And dear Rela just got home and I think that fellow she?s been seeing is with her??

Blah. Blah. Blah. Owner lady talk too much. Leave nice Red Lady ?lone. More wigg? Ooooooohhhhh!! What?s that? Shiny!

?I would love to question that fellow of hers, but I can never get a good glimpse of him. All I know is that he?s tall with dark hair and his name is Si? Fri? I don?t know. That part has me a bit confused.?

Poing. Poing. Shiny! Pretty! Oooohh!! Hungry!

?Good idea Tuffy! The balcony. That way we can hear them a bit clearer.?

Hear who? What Owner Lady talking about now? Tuffy Tube Rat hungry!

?Squeak squeaker squeaken!?

?Just a moment Tuffy. I think I hear something.?

Shiny. Shiny. Shiny. Poing. Poing. Poing. Funny. Funny. Funny.

?You hear that Tuffy! They?re laughing! Now what could they be laughing about? I don?t hear a lot of talking??

Owner Lady boring. Red Lady home! She fun! She laugh! Poing. Poing. Poing.

?Tuffy! Tuffy come back here! At least let me get the mini-cam and attach it to you!?

Poing. Poing. Poing. Poing. Lot?s of shiny! Poing. Poing. Funny Smelling Foot Guy hole in fuzzy floor thing. Red Lady on comfy bench thing. Who with Red Lady? Where smacking noise come from? Poing. Poing. Red Lady eyes closed. Red Lady friend eyes closed. What doing? Red Lady friend kissy Red Lady! Red Lady Kissy Friend! Tuffy Tube Rat want kissy too!

?AHHHHHH!! What?s that?!?!?

Why Red Lady Kissy Friend yell? Hurt Tuffy Tube Rat ears!

?SQUEAK!?

?That would be Tube Rat.?

Why Red Lady on floor? Tuffy Tube Rat still on comfy bench thing. Red Lady Kissy Friend too.

?Where did it come from??
    ?He came from next door. That means Mrs. K has been listening in again.?
    ?Eh??
    ?Squeakity squeak!?
    ?Yes, I would like to get up off the floor Tube Rat.?

Why Red Lady Kissy Friend look at Tuffy Tube Rat funny while pick up Red Lady?

?Why is he here??
    ?He likes to come and visit me.?
    ?Well he can go home now.?

Red Lady on comfy bench thing. Oooooohhhhh!!! Red Lady hair!!! Poing. Poing. Poing. Stretch. Big yawn. Sleepy. Sleepy.

?He just nestled in your hair.?
    ?I know.?
    ?Rel??
    ?Frizzy, shut-up and kiss me.?

Red Lady Kissy Friend kissy Red Lady!

?He?s watching me.?
    ?Squeaky squeaken!?
    ?I don?t care if you saw her first! She?s mine now!?
    ?Squeaky squeakity squeaken!?
    ?Go find your own girl Tube Rat! Rela?s mine.?
    ?Frizzy??
    ?Eh??
    ?Nevermind.?

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    What a unique and delightful snapshot!! I loved seeing from Tube Rat's POV... even if he did have a bit of a problem keeping his attention on something for more than two seconds. :D :D

"At least let me get the mini-cam and attach it to you!? -- that had me howling. I could so see Mrs. K. trying that! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Loved all Tubey's nicknames... Red Lady, Red Lady Kissy Friend and Funny Smelling Foot Guy.. hmmm I wonder who that could be?? :D :D

Thoroughly inspired Mouse!! :) :)

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    OMG!!! That was HILARIOUS!!! :) Looks like Simeon and Tuffy have got off to a good start! Like Leona I loved the bit where Mrs. K urged Tuffy to slow down so she could affix the transmittor to him! *g* And tuffy's take on everything was fantastic - especially the hole in the carpet made by the funny smelling foot guy! :)

Bravo Mouse!

11. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Loved the snapshots, Mouse! :D

12. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    THE TEST (Part 3)
    By Jemmiah

*With thanks to Mouse & HaiGan*

Two months since they had been back together. Two long, wonderful months.

Unbelievable as it seemed they hadn't argued once. There hadn't even been so much as a raised voice. Whether that was because of what they had all recently been through she couldn't say?first Rufus Merdan invading the haven that was the temple on Coruscant, nearly killing Obi-Wan in the process, then that business with Linus?

It made her sick to the stomach to know that now there were two such people out to snatch her. Kill her maybe. She'd lived so long in the shadow of Rufus Merdan that in a way it was a relief to be able to prove she wasn't imagining it. He had come back for her just like she'd said he would. Only now were they all listening to her, understanding what she meant. Now they knew she wasn't being paranoid and neurotic - at least not entirely. Yes, Merdan was bad enough but now Levinstowe was out there too?

Obi-Wan had somehow managed to maintain a slight distance from her, stepping back to give her much needed space, and yet he was always right by her side whenever she needed him. Suddenly, inspite of everything that was going on around her, life was good again: not merely tolerable but good. Exciting. Enjoyable. It was all largely down to Obi-Wan.

They'd both changed, and she recognized it. He'd compromised and stopped overwhelming her with his need to protect her all round the clock whilst she had likewise found a middle ground, allowing herself to be more demonstrative and affectionate to him. It had seemed such a natural thing to do in the end, because at long last Jemmiah knew that showering him with affection was not going to kill him, but that they could both be dead tomorrow anyway, so what did it matter if she allowed herself to love him? It sounded so slushy that it made Jemmy want to laugh. Yet they'd never been so happy, or at the very least content.

When they were apart they had learned to cope with it. There were no constant streams of adolescent holotransmissions late at night just to wish the other pleasant dreams. They didn't have to do that anymore. Life went on and would go on as it always had, until the next time that the ugly spectre of Rufus Merdan or Gabriel Levinstowe reared its head.

She'd been thinking of Ben a lot recently. His proposal of marriage had been unwise. At the time she'd had no alternative but to turn it down. She'd thought herself too young, too cautious about the idea of committing herself fully to one person for the rest of her life. It had seemed in many ways just like another form of slavery, with rules and regulations and no personal freedom whatsoever. Now, she could see that wasn't necessarily the case. Obi-Wan had finally shown himself to be understanding and sympathetic to her feelings. Maybe it was time for her to consider his point of view as well?

But could she ever bring herself to marry someone? Even if she loved them? It would make him happy, certainly, and what made him happy pleased her too. Yet there would be many opposed to such a match. Too many dissenters compared with supporters. Maybe she should hope that Ben was content to let the notion drop. But if he did ask her again, what then? What would her reply be?

Sighing, Jemmy placed her glass of Florizan pink wine on the worktop next to the holoterminal, switching the machine on. She guessed that something interesting must have happened somewhere in the galaxy. Maybe Rela had some juicy piece of gossip for her. Smiling, Jemmy looked at her list of messages and indeed there was one from Rela.

//Probably asking me to sign an autograph for some friend.// Jemmy still couldn't get round the idea that she had achieved some considerable fame on Coruscant and beyond after all those years of hiding herself away at the temple. //Some swoop-racing fanatic has asked her some question that she needs me to answer. I sure hope it's not too tricky!//

~Hello Friend

Care to find out if you?re compatible with that significant oth

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Arrrghhh!!! When do we get the answer??? You know, I wouldn't be a bit sur[rised to find they already sounded married. :D :D

14. Heather Kenobi

Heather Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2000
    Um, hi. :) I've been a lurker on the fan fic boards for a some time, so I figured it was time I made my presence known. I love the stories you guys do. I laughed so hard at "A Night to Almost Remember". Anyway, I have to catch up on the other stories, but I hope to post here more often. Thanks for all the laughs. :)

15. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Hi Heather! :) Always glad to have another reader. It's great to see see you *waves* :) :) :)

16. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    HI Heather!! Welcome to the plethora of Chronoicle readers and lovers!!!!!!!! :D

Jemm: Excellent snapshot! THat was fantastic! Poor ole Jemmy...what is she to do!

Kit

17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Welcome Heather! New readers are always welcome into our crazy/insane Jemmiah Chronicles! :) :) :)

You know I was really curious as to what Jemmy's answer was, but actually I'm kinda glad she just turned it off. But yes I agree that they probably are a perfect match! :D

Faboo Jem!!

18. Heather Kenobi

Heather Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2000
    Thanks everybody. :) I really appreciate that.

19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    This is sort of odd. Thanks to HaiGan and Imzadi for reading it over and suggesting stuff to put in that I have forgotten. Also a big thanks to Gryph for reading over the bits as they were written and for giving my confidence again and listening as well...thank you!

Kit

Sometimes in life there are powerfully defining moments where your choice, or the choice of others, will affect the course you take through life?

Another World

?So what do you think?? Caelum asked as he picked up the mirror to hang it on the wall.

It had been a birthday present to his Master. Caelum had spent weeks searching for the right thing after Thom had tipped him off as to Barin?s birthday. It had been hard work finding time away from his Master, not to mention finding the right present. Caelum couldn?t remember how many old datapad stores he?d searched through?how many books he?d actually found. How many people had looked oddly at him. He?d even enlisted the support of Tara and Davin. Tara had found some odd poems for him, but they hadn?t been quite right. Finally Davin had seen his desperation and given him the address for a shop across town.

The shop had been dusty and murky, with dim light creeping through the windows, negotiating the streams of dirt that marred the window. Caelum had been about to leave when the mirror had caught his eye. He had been drawn to it like a moth to candle light and before Caelum had been fully aware of what he was doing he had bought it and was wondering out of the shop with it wrapped under his arm. He had kept it in hidden in his room up until Thom had come over. Barin had given him an odd look as he unwrapped the mirror. Caelum didn?t know what to think, but then he often didn?t about his new master. He didn?t seem to have natural repore that Thom did with Barin, it often made Caelum feel like he didn?t belong.

?I like it.? Barin said simply. ?It is very beautiful.?

There was a ding sound from the kitchen as the oven announced that its contents were ready. Caelum almost dropped the mirror in surprise and that general haste that comes to cooks on the edge of burning something. Barin raised a hand to forestall his padawan.

?In some cultures it is considered bad luck to break a mirror.? Barin said softly, ?Why don?t you hang it and Thom and I will take the dinner out of the oven.?

?Okay, Master.? Caelum said bowing and holding the mirror. He traced the edge of the mirror with his finger tips, feeling the smooth carved wood beneath his fingers. The wood was a deep stained brown, although silver slashes showed through where it had been worn away from fingers and sitting against the wall. The carvings were intricate and delicate, often the deeper, wider carvings would give way to what looked like simple scratches in the wood, scratches which if one looked closer were animals or strange writing. Rubbing his finger against the fine grains, he traced the pattern with his eyes.

Caelum carefully hung the mirror on the hook and stood back touching the frames to get the angle right. Finished Caelum glanced at himself in the mirror. Expecting to see an image of himself, he was surprised to see something different. The room reflected in the mirror was the same, but there were people there. A black haired woman, her arm around a man with midnight blue eyes. There was a woman there, laughing, her tangled orange hair swinging wildly around her face as she giggled soundlessly. Beside her sat a man, his eyes also shining in mirth, a cup of red liquid in his hand.

Caelum stared at the image before him, and the started back as a boy stepped right in front of the mirror. He had short blonde hair, and wore the robes of a Jedi Padawan. His ice-blue eyes lit up in surprise as he saw Caelum. Caelum realised for the first time that his fingers were gently touching the glass, the boy raised his own hand. His fingers outstretched to meet Caelum?s?

He could see two legs taking powerful strides down the hall towards them. Nathaniel raise

20. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    A fascinating look into what could have been, Kit! Great idea!

21. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Just as great after another read, Kit! It's quite sad to see what could have been, each of them seemingly happy. Excellently done!

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh my!! My heart aches at what could have been!! :( :(

That was superb Kit. :) :)

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks guys :D

Kit

Please note: This is a shamless post desigined to up this thread, in such a manner that the author hopes no-one will notice it is an 'up' :p

24. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Oh yay, you posted it! :D

And I didn't notice right away. :(

Sorry, Kit! Still great the second time of reading. Liked the description too. :)

Now this snapshot is one triggered by Kit's wonderful effort. Thanks for the inspiration, Kit!

CONNECTIONS

Caelum dragged his boots on slowly, delaying the inevitable. He was not looking forward to another morning of lessons with the Initiates, catching up on 'essential subjects'. Another morning of being stared at, of hearing whispered comments behind his back, of being different. Initiates didn't reach thirteen and leave the Temple, only to come back again as padawans. Padawans didn't come back with legal parents, adopted or not. Padawans didn't come back having tried to kill their real father. And padawans always had to behave like proper Jedi Padawans, even when everyone was treating them like some kind of freak.

"Caelum? You had better hurry, you will miss your first lesson."

That was his Master. And his father. His legal father. Who was also his Master. Nobody liked that idea. Jedi didn't have family. Nobody seemed to care that when Caelum had been adopted neither of them had thought they'd ever be returning to the Temple. The snide, hurtful comments were still aimed in Caelum's direction. Caelum knew that the others were only jealous, but the words still stung.

"Come on, Caelum. It is impolite to arrive late."

"I don't want to go," Caelum said. He hadn't meant to, but he'd blurted it out anyway. He hadn't thought before he'd spoken. How many times had he been reminded about that?

He looked up and caught his Master's eye but it told him nothing. His Master's face was forever unreadable, a careful mask. Caelum never knew what he was really thinking. Caelum knew his Master was clever, he knew that his Master never said anything without purpose. Caelum knew he was polite, and cautious, and thorough, and fond of reading; good at dancing and better still at fighting, but that told him nothing of what he was actually like. Caelum had seen him laughing and joking with his last Padawan, and had heard him talking easily with his wife, but somehow Caelum himself still felt like a stranger.

"Sorry." Caelum hung his head and pulled himself to his feet. "I'll go."

His Master frowned at him. Caelum drew into himself. He didn't like making people angry.

"There is not much you need to catch up on," his Master said. "Perhaps another six months or so and you can leave the Initiates to their own devices."

Caelum kept looking down at the floor. He'd be fifteen by then. A fifteen-year-old freak sitting in the middle of a bunch of under-thirteens who made frog noises at him in class. He didn't know how they'd found out about the pet frog he'd had when he was younger, and he wished they hadn't. He wished he was back on Pellan. He wouldn't be a Jedi, but at least he wouldn't be a freak. He'd just be a normal kid at a normal school. He'd have Nadya's... his mother's cooking instead of refectory food. He could punch people who annoyed him instead of having to bite back his frustration until he felt like choking... Caelum's hands balled into fists.

"School did not produce that reaction on Pellan," his Master remarked, and still Caelum couldn't read any expression in the voice. The Padawan glanced up, and saw that his Master had spotted his clenched fists. Hastily he relaxed his hands and tucked his thumbs into his belt. Just as quickly he unhooked them in case that looked too casual. He caught his Master's faint sigh, and hung his head again. He never seemed to get anything right.

"Master Chun-De-Lu told me you did not hand in the assignment he set last week," his Master said.

Caelum braced himself for a telling off, not moving his eyes from the ground at his feet. He heard a rustle and a creak as his Master moved across the room and sat down on the bed.

"It did make me curious as to what you were doing when you told me you were working on your assignment," his Master said quietly. Caelum didn't like it when people used a quiet voice on h

25. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    *Waves her hands in the air, stamps her feet, sways her hips and generally does a dance of JOY around the room*

Woohooo! It's up!!!! I loved it HaiGan, even more so the more I read it! I'm glad that I gave you plot bunnies because otherwise would never have been such a beautiful post *sigh*
    :D :D :D :D :D

Kithera