main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Jedi Snapshots 2 (JA short stories - humor/serious)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    HOORAY. . .you said something about another post??????!!!!!!!

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Yeah, I'll see if I can post it today at sometime...

3. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Just upping this for later...

4. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Okay, I know when you said later today it was early in the morning here! But it's later in the evening now!!

So where's the post.........

5. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Please post soon. I'm going to have to get off soon, and then I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Then you'll make me cry in some form first thing in the morning and I'll be usless for the rest of the day.

Do you want that on your conscience Jemmiah? No, I didn't think so. ;)

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    I'm still writing it!

Will be posting as soon as I can, promise. I'm near the end.

7. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Phew! Finished!

Family Matters
    Part something-or-other...

Jemmiah half-woke to almost total darkness.

Her eyes refused to open properly and it was making things very difficult to see exactly where she was. The sweeping lassitude that had stricken her was still holding her body in an almost vice like grip.

Where?how??

Give in, she thought. Don?t fight it. Just?sleep.

On the verge of succumbing again to the powerful impulse to sleep, she tried a last time to make sense of her strange surroundings. She just couldn?t remember?

I?m in some sort of apartment, she thought. Why is it so dark? And why am I on my own?

She pulled herself upwards so that she was sitting on the couch instead of lying across it. Instantly she regretted it.

?Sith?my head hurts.? She moaned to herself.

Nothing was making any sense to her. She hadn?t the faintest idea where she was but she knew she didn?t belong there. Jemmiah wanted to go home?but how could she find her way back? And what the hell was wrong with her, anyhow?

Try to find a light source, she told herself. See what?s what.

As her hands slapped about for the light, her thoughts turned to Ben. What she wouldn?t give to be back with him right now?.

But I wrote him that letter, Jemmiah remembered groggily. Forget me, I said. You?ll find someone better. He?ll never speak to me again.

The effort of locating the light source was proving too taxing and Jemmiah slumped over onto some sort of desk. The whole thing was beginning to frighten her. It was like some surreal dream?only it was becoming more of a nightmare.

Nightmares. Yes, they?d been plaguing her again. They had been ever since she?d woken up in the infirmary when she?d-

Damn! Where WAS she?

Shaking, her hand struck what appeared to be a comlink, sending it skittering across the desk. Maybe, if she could get her head to stop spinning long enough to think clearly, she could place a call to the temple? Jemmiah stood for a moment, trying to recall the frequency that would put her in touch with Qui-Gon, but it just wouldn?t come to her.

Stay calm, stay calm. This isn?t as scary as you?re making it out to be.

Liar! Her inner voice replied. You?re terrified.

She just wanted to sleep. Just wanted to drift off again?

Come on girl! Think! Master Jinn?s com-frequency? Jemmiah frowned in concentration although it hurt her head to do so. All the time her head was telling her it didn?t know the answers her fingers were working on instinct, proving her wrong.

Please gods, let this work?

Obi-Wan tossed and tossed uncomfortably on his bed, as he had been for the past few sleepless nights. He desperately tried to allow much-needed sleep to take him, knowing that his master would be aware of his lack of relaxation. He didn?t want a repeat of last night when Qui-Gon had made him a hot herbal drink to help him sleep. Only a combination of respect for his master and a lack of hatred for his Florizan Tea plant had stopped him from pouring the foul substance into the soil filled pot.

And then if Qui-Gon ever caught him hugging Jemmy?s re-patched stuffed cuddly Nargot toy he would just die from embarrassment?

It was no use brooding, he realized. Face it, she?s not coming back. She told you. She doesn?t want to be with you. Well, fine. If she wanted to throw nearly two years of their lives away, so be it. Obviously it had all meant nothing to her in the first place.

He?d known about her many little assignations with some of the other padawans before they had gone out, and not a few that had gone on whilst they had just started to see each other, but he?d forgiven her all of that because he?d wanted to be with her. Eventually his patience had paid off and she?d stopped her many dalliances. Because she had wanted to be with him. Or so he?d thought.

Now he wasn?t sure about anything.

He hugged the toy with its stitched-up wound even closer, and felt damned silly about it when he pictured how he would look. Jemmy would laugh h

8. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Hmmm. . . Do I sense another thread coming?? Anyhoo, great job guys!!

9. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    Jemmiah has already expressed her distaste for the idea of starting ANOTHER thread at the moment (amen to THAT!). However, LTP2 should be showing up as soon as everybody has a little more time to work with it. (I'm guessing after ANTAR, but the exact time is up to Jem)

10. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
  11. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    HOORAY! I loved it Jem! It was great. Now. . if I could only finish MY snapshot. . .*sigh*

12. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I still had to wait until this morning, but what a way to start the day!

Can't wait to see what kind of trouble they get into in LTP2!

13. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks Mouse, and everyone who has read/contributed to the last eight or nine posts. It's business as usual in Snapshots. If anyone wants to contribute, please do.

Incidentally, I imagine Wampasmak is correct. I will probably start LTP2 after ANTAR is done and dusted. The Sound of Sabres will probably start after APSIAPM is complete. But the sequel to LTP will more or less follow on from this last Snapshot.

14. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    I'm so gald that they found Jemmiah, and she and Obi are back together.

Can't wait for more stories!

15. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Yeah, well done everyone! That was a great series.

Jemmiah, we still haven't had the snapshot re the bannister incident (hint, hint).......

16. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    This is our little Obi displaying a new skill:)

Title: Obi Fowl

Obi-Wan hated these stupid ?group? initiate outings. Today they were going to spend time ?using the Force to sense living things? at the Bassman Lake. Most of the initiates called it Fake Lake, since it was constructed, and none of the beings that lived there were native to Coruscant, except maybe a parasite or two. He had been on more of these things than was good for his six years. He sighed, loud enough for the Masters and Padawans that were taking them, to hear. They gave him a slight glance, but ignored him. He sighed louder. Soon all of his friends joined in. Bant the young Calamiri girl was especially loud. So was Siri, but Obi-Wan never took much notice of her.

Soon the whole group was sighing, and the Masters turned to stare them down. ?You.? Master Windu pointed at Obi-Wan. ?Come here.?

Obi-Wan shrugged and moved to the front of the transport. The group behind him cheered. He turned back and gave everyone a smile, then proceeded to walk up to face his impending doom.

Mace Windu gave him a long stare. ?Obi-Wan, I thought you knew better than to start the group up like that.?

Obi-Wan gave him a bored look. ?I?ve been to Fake Lake one too many times Master Windy.?

?Windu.?

?Right.? Obi-Wan shrugged.

Windu motioned to the ruckuss behind Obi-Wan. ?Now that you started it. Make everyone stop.?

Obi-Wan turned around. ?Hey everyone. Be quiet. Master Windy?s head is turning red he?s so mad.? Obi-Wan giggled as all the initiates gathered around to see Windu?s head.

?They stopped.? Obi-Wan laughed again and went to his seat.

Once the group reached Bassman Lake, Mace Windu was the first one out of the transport, trailed by a large group of screaming initiates. ?Sit.? Someone commanded from behind. All of the children turned around to find themselves staring at a tall menacing Jedi. They all sat, and were completely silent. ?Better, now attend to your lessons.? They all began to meditate. The tall Jedi walked over to Windu.

?Are you all right Mace??

?Fine.? Mace looked up at the Jedi who?d come to his rescue. ?What are you doing here Qui-Gon?! I haven?t seen you forever! Where?s Xanatos??

?Been away on missions and such. I come back and Master Yoda decides that it would be ?good? for me to experience an initiate outing. Xanatos decided that he?d rather not experience it.?

Mace smiled as Qui-Gon helped him up. ?Well, these outings always were my favorite.?

?I?ll bet. So what do we do now??

?Wait for disaster.? Mace sighed and sat down on the bench.

Siri grinned. ?You sighed Master Windy!? She then let out a loud, long sigh. The rest of the initiates joined in. Mace sighed louder.
    The morning had gone along somewhat uneventful. And that was what worried Mace Windu. Things weren?t supposed to go right during initiate excursions. In fact NOTHING was supposed to go right during initiate outings, and so far, everything had.

?All right kids.? Mace stood and shouted. ?Go take a break.?

All the initiates, ranging in age from three to nine, hopped up and raced toward the water.

?No wait, stop!? Qui-Gon called.

Mace pulled him down. ?Don?t waste your breat Qui, your going to end up with thirty soaking initiates anyway.?

Qui-Gon cringed. ?You do this often??

?Every week, unless I can somehow pass off as an invalid.? Mace smiled. ?At least it keeps them occupied.

Obi-Wan and his group of about eight boys ran around to the other side of the lake, escaping the girls. The boys ages were from six to eight, though Obi-Wan was one of the youngest, he always was appointed the leader. ?No girls!? One of the boys started to chant. The others joined in.

?Hey guys!? A female voice said from behind them.

?No. .? Obi-Wan broke off. Three year old Shawni stood behind him, with big green eyes and curly blond hair. Obi-Wan pointed at her. ?No girls allowed.?

Her eyes filled up with tears, and one slowly rolled down her cheek. ?I

17. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    That was cute!!! :) :) :0

18. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    HOORAY! Someone likes it! I feel special. Hey, any comments any of you have would be appreciated!

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Love it, Ejedir! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

*sigh*

20. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Yeah, c'mon Ejedir. We want the sequel!!!

21. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Yeah, we want a sequal!

22. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    It's not exactly a sequel. It's really short and takes place the same day, some of it before the Council meeting, some during, some after. Yeah.
    Title: Obi Fly
    The companion to Obi Fowl
    Part: 1

Simeon grinned evily as the two walked up to their rooms from the transport. Obi-Wan was still soaking wet. ?What?? Obi-Wan questioned.

?Nothing.? Simeon grinned. ?Absolutely nothing.?

?Liar.? Obi-Wan glared at him. ?Tell me!?

?If you insist.? Simeon clasped his hands together. ?I know a few other initiates that know how to levitate. How about we have races. I DARE you to race down the Council Hall.?

Obi-Wan was speechless. ?We could get kicked out for that though!?

?Don?t worry. We?ll get all the initiates together. They can?t kick us ALL out.?

?Fine, fine. Tonight then.? Obi-Wan grinned. ?This is going to be fun.?

?The Council isn?t meeting tonight. . .right?? Obi-Wan asked Simeon.

?Unless something important came up, they won?t gather until the day after tomorrow.?

?All right.?

Simeon stood up on the desk. ?Welcome Jedi initiates of all ages, sizes, species and gender! Welcome all!? He announced in his loud voice. ?Tonight you are in for a treat. Will all of the racers please step forward.? Ten girls and boys stood up next to Simeon. ?This should be a good race! Now please, racers take your positions.?

The ten lined up in a row. Obi-Wan was right in the middle. ?Ready!? Simeon shouted. ?Set! GO!? The ten initiates leaped into the air and threw themselves forward down the long hall toward the Council doors, which they had to touch in order to win.

Obi-Wan was exhilarated. He was winning, and everyone was cheering for him. He was about to touch the Council doors when. . . .they opened.

?SITH!? Obi-Wan shouted as he flew through the air, knocked down Master Plo Koon and tumbled head over heels to Master Yoda?s chair. He opened his eyes and looked up. He saw, not Master Yoda, but Mace Windu. ?Didn?t Master Jinn talk to you!?

Obi-Wan whimpered as Mace helped him to his feet. The second the Council member let go of his arm, he ran. ?Obi-Wan Kenobi! Get back here!?

?No way!? Obi-Wan kept running.

Yoda laughed. ?Correct you were Mace. An Obi Fowl we have. Obi fly he does.? The Council Chamber erupted in chuckles and groans while Mace stared whistfully at Obi-Wan?s fading figure.
    REPLY!

23. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Keep posting those snapshots Ejedir! Can't wait for the next one.

I've got a Rela snapshot in the works, from her drinkin' days. Hopefully will have it up in a few days. :D

24. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    I was laughing so much that I choked on my Frozen Coke!

That was too cute! More!

25. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Yeah, great stuff Ejedir!! Just what we needed! And nice to see a little Simeon!