main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Jedi Snapshots 2 (JA short stories - humor/serious)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Arrgghhh... I think I need to be hit over the head with a very big stick! I'm missing wonderful snapshots of my very favorite all because of Darth Real Life! Hmmm... now that I think of it maybe it's RL that needs bashing!! :D :D

Jemmy, I convinced that I know your characters intimately well... as soon as young Jemmish started giving her example of what she shouldn't lie about I knew that was indeed what the facts were. Poor deluded Qui-Gon... I couldn't help but laugh at him for laughing at his ward!

Mouse... you certsinly know how write the most despicable of characters. Brinkley started off at the beggining of the post sounding almost normal... but by the end I can't help but look forward to seeing him get his come uppance for whatever nasty little things he's going to do.

Awesome snapshots ladies!! :) :)

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I found this when I started working on a new snapshot. (Which is still a WIP, but hopefully I'll have it finished soon.)

It's short and sweet and hopefully explains where Rela was during the events of Lions, Tigers, & Padawans. :)

School Daze
    ~Lions, Tigers and Padawans missing scene~

Rela blinked owlishly as she strained to stay awake, but the boring, monotone, never ending speech was just about to get the better of her. She ended up having to prop her head up in her hand to keep it from lolling about as she fought her lethargy. But she couldn?t help and giggle as she noticed that quite a few others were not doing as well. In fact many had their heads leaning back and mouths wide open.

But at least they were missing the speech. Who voted this guy as valedictorian anyway?

Looking up into the seats where the families were sitting Rela saw the only two beings she knew of that had showed up. Mus gave her a hairy wave while Hrruggla threw her a toothy grin. Rela couldn?t help herself as she smiled and waved back at them.

Rela could admit it, at least to herself, that she was quite proud of herself at the moment. Here she was graduating from her classes, with honors, along with having a full time job at the same time. A far cry from that little fifteen-year-old fresh out of rehab with literally nothing to call her own.

Too bad Jem wasn?t able to make it. Then again Rela had a feeling that her friend would rather see Scrubby before she left for Corellia tomorrow then sit through something as boring as this. As for Scrubby and his master, well they better learn to check their messages!

A huge yawn overtook her as the speech continued. Then a grin began to form its way on her face. But there was one thing for sure. She may be stuck in an overheated room stuffed with all sorts of beings being tortured with the most boring speech on this side of Valorum, but there was a good side to it.

At least she wasn?t at the zoo!

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "the most boring speech on this side of Valorum..."

ROFLOL! :)

Now we know how Rela dodged the zoo, but the question is: how do we get her back for missing it? LOL! ;)

4. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Now we know how Rela dodged the zoo, but the question is: how do we get her back for missing it? LOL!

That's a good question! I'm not sure... But I do know that she'll rub in the fact that everyone had another option besides going to the zoo. ;) [face_devil]

5. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    For those wanting to know who Mrs. J is. Here ya go! ;)

Great! Now There Are Two of Them!

As the lift came to a stop and the doors opened Rela stepped out and was greeted by? chaos? Confused she quickly stepped back onto the life to double check that she had gotten off on the right floor. Realizing that she was indeed on her floor, she stepped back off the lift and into the fray.

What was going on? Burley men went this way and that carrying large pieces of furniture. Their shirts were stretched thin and taught over their working muscled and they moved things around.

Where was Mrs. K during al this? She would love it! Actually Rela was surprised that her older neighbor hadn?t set out a chair to watch them as she sipped some frozen concoction and ate Takkini chips. Rela wouldn?t have minded joining her, although she would have called and invited Jemmy and Spider first.

Suddenly a gray streak came bounding down the corridor squeaking in panic. Rela watched horrified as the small ferret did his best to avoid being stepped on and was narrowly missed. As quickly as she could Rela went over and scooped him up and out of harms way.

?Tube Rat! You scared me to death! You almost got squished. Where?s Mrs. K?? the redhead reprimanded.
    ?Squeak!? Tuffy answered relieved as he slouched in her arms happy to be safe.

Rela smiled as she started to pet him.

?That?s okay Tube Rat. You can stay with me until this madness is over.?

She lifted the furry creature to her shoulder where he scrambled up and wrapped himself around her neck like a stole.

Together they made their way down the hallway and through the set up obstacle course. After several close calls, and the fact Rela thought maybe getting trapped against the wall that many times wasn?t just an accident, they finally made it to the small redhead?s door. She was just about to unlock it when she heard snippets of conversation coming from Mrs. K?s apartment. She noticed that the door was wide open and she didn?t recognize the voiced that were drifting out.

Her curiosity getting better of her Rela slowly made her way over to her neighbor?s open door. Peeking inside she saw that the normally orderly room was in complete disarray. She saw that Mrs. K was nowhere to be seen and there was a round shaped woman with dark hair the texture of candyfloss bossing everyone about.

The small redhead slipped inside the room and was almost promptly run over by a mover carrying a large chest. Tuffy squeaked in protest at the large being as Rela quickly stepped out of the way. Too bad they ran smack into the domineering seeming woman.

?Can I help you?? the woman asked abrasively. ?I am quite busy.?
    ?Er? Well, I was looking for the woman that lives here,? Rela answered quickly.

Something didn?t feel quite right here. Why was Tube Rat shaking so hard when he was in his own home?

?Edna!? The woman yelled. Rela did her best not to flinch as Tuffy dug his claws into her skin at the woman?s bellow.

It wasn?t a moment later when the familiar figure of the bleached haired Mrs. K came walking into the room wiping her hands off on a kitchen towel. Rela wasn?t sure if she should be worried by the frightfully happy look the woman got on her face as she realized Rela was in the room. One good thing was that Tuffy the Tube Rat had finally released his death grip on Rela?s shoulder.

?Rela-dear! How wonderful it is to see you. I see you two have met.?
    ?Not really Mrs. K,? Rela began to explain. ?I thought there was something wrong, so I??
    ?Edna, I am really quite busy. Do you think we can get this over with?? the dark haired woman asked in a huffy way.

Rela noticed that her neighbor Mrs. K had started wiping her hands off again on the towel. Well actually now she seemed to be wringing it in her hands.

?Certainly Gretchen,? Mrs. K readily agreed. ?Gretchen this is Rela our next door neighbor. Rela-dear, this is my sister Gretchen Jenefsky who had graciously decided to come and live with me.?
    ?

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    That Alderaani boy Rela was talking about wouldn't happen to be Kryztan, would it? ;)

Oooh, now we meet the dreaded sister from hell itself! I hope Tube Rat nips her on the toe! Imagine not liking him...and what HAS Edna let herself in for? LOL, If she thinks it's improbable for a jedi to become involved with anyone, wait 'til she sees all of Rela's friends round at her place! *grin*

Has Rela met her match here? Or is it just the begining?

Well done Mouse! I hope we'll see more from the two sisters! :D

7. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Arrgghh.. I missed the post from the 6th... sounds like the zoo might have still been a bit more fun, but I don'[t blame her for being proud! :)

LOL!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Mrs. J makes Mrs. K. seem like a dream neighbor! Imagine being one of those that believe the Jedi are only stuffed-shirts!! I hope Mrs. K can manage to rid the building of her sister quickly!!

Outstanding posts Mouse!! :) :)

8. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Just a little info on a certain stuffed animal. ;)

A New Found Friend

?Good morning Red. You?re up early.?

Simeon watched as his son gave him a wide toothless smile and tried to answer. Instead the little boy only managed to make a funny noise with his tongue and drool all over himself. Simeon smiled a big new father smile, wiped off his son?s face and picked him up out of his crib.

?I got something for you yesterday,? Simeon told his son as they walked around the room together. ?I would have given it to you yesterday, but you were asleep by the time I got home.?

Red was too busy gumming his father?s thumb to make an answer. Simeon figured this was better then having his son decorate his shirt. What was it about babies being allergic to a clean tunic?

Walking over to his son?s bedroom door, Simeon reached down and pulled out a stuffed toy from a shopping bag. Lifting it up he showed it to his son. He could have sworn that he saw the little boy?s dark eyes light up in excitement. Chubby little fingers did their best to reach for the toy. Simeon brought it closer to his son and chubby baby arms encircled it protectively. Red immediately began to chew on one of the stuffed toy?s horns.

?His name is Santos,? Simeon whispered to his son.
    ?Good morning you two,? a light but still sleepy voice said behind them.

Simeon with Red in his arms turned and Rela found herself being stared at by two identical pairs of eyes. She was about to ask what they were doing up so early. Then she spotted it.

?What?s that?? she asked as calmly as possible.

Rela saw the sheepish look come over her husband?s face as he looked down at the toy and then back up at her.

?That would be Red?s new toy Santos,? he answered.
    ?It?s a krayt dragon,? Rela pointed out.
    ?Well actually, yes it is,? Simeon agrees dreading what was going to happen next.

He watched as Rela crossed her arms in front of her. Simeon now knew he was in trouble.

?You just gave our son, who is barely six months old, a stuffed krayt dragon named Santos,? she clarified.
    ?That would be about it, yes.?
    ?Frizzy!?

Here it comes, Simeon thought. Well at least she was still calling him Frizzy. That was always a good sign.

?How could you?? she asked getting upset.
    ?Rel, I just? I just happened to see it yesterday, and something about it told me he would like it. Kinda like they belonged together. Plus he doesn?t like any of the others we?ve gotten him you know that. We?ve tried gundarks, nerfs, mynocks, rancors, and even wookiees!?
    ?But what?s going to happen in a few years when Simon wants to know how it got its name?? Rela pointed out.

They both looked down at their son who was still happily chewing away at a horn. Rela walked over to them and brushed a tiny curl back of her son?s downy red hair.

?I can see it now,? she started. ?Well son, you see your mother has this tattoo, and well that?s about all I can tell you. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.?

Please, Simeon begged to himself, don?t let me laugh while she?s upset with me. But she?s so cute when she?s angry.

?It won?t be like that Rel,? he told her as he let a small smile escape.
    ?Oh! So you?re going to tell him that you named it Santos after a tattoo of a krayt dragon that I have on my hip, and since the first time you saw it you?ve been obsessed with them ever since??
    ?You think he?ll buy that?? Simeon asked as innocently as possible.

Rela looked up at him about to let him have it, but she noticed the color rising up on his cheeks. She let a laugh escape and leaned forward resting her head on his arm. Simeon let out a laugh of his own and moved his free arm wrapping it around her. He couldn?t help but think that this was the best feeling in the galaxy to him, holding his two loved ones in his arms.

?He certainly does love it, doesn?t he,? Rela whispered as she watched her son hold on to Santos as tightly as his little arms would allow.
    ?I?m sorry Rel. I should have shown it to you first.
    ?No Frizzy, I?m sorry. I?m

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww... that was cute! I loved how Simeon knew he was going to be in trouble after he brought the toy home!! Nothing wrong with explaining of why the toy, though I'm racking my brain trying to think of what Rela's tattoo reminds her of.

Great post Mouse!!

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    ?Like I will tomorrow?? Simeon grinned.
    ?It?s a date!? Rela smiled up at him.

ROFLOL! How totally true! Simeon knows Rela very well indeed and vice versa! Turning a dramatic situation into a joke is always the best way to go! But you know, now I'm getting very curious as to the real Santos. Didn't you promise to tell us all one day? ;) ;) ;)