main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Jedi Temple Challenge

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 14, 2020.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Looking forward to today's episode. I know there's been back and forth on whether this is old Jedi Order or Rey's Jedi Order, and a lot seem to be saying that due to the robes and cosmetic appearance, this is an old Jedi Order setup. However, as I mentioned Kelleran Beq seems to be a lot nicer than your average old Jedi Order master (like Mace Windu), and also his entire governing philosophy seems to be different. If you look at Ahmed's discussion about his character at https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Jedi_Temple_Challenge , he says:

"When they don't move on, the message is go back to the beginning and train more. It's not that you lost and get out of here. There's a lot more lesson in not moving on than moving on. It's no, you can do this. You just have to jump back and train a bit more. So I really like that message."

The thing is, we know that the old Jedi Order's philosophy in canon very much was "You lost and get out of here." Rebels took this to the extreme in the Lothal Jedi Temple, https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Lothal_Jedi_Temple , showing that: "The interior is composed of ancient ruins with murals and old skeletons of the Jedi Masters whose Padawans never returned from their trials."

I just can't see Kelleran Beq agreeing to be part of the sick "to the death" style of training the Old Jedi Order employed. That's why I feel his show takes place in Rey's Jedi Order, despite the likelihood this will never be confirmed onscreen.

And for all we know the Yoda voice at the end is really a grown green friend from the Mandalorian. :yoda:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  2. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Another loss this episode. That connector challenge seems really imbalanced. It seemed extremely difficult here when the team didn't hit the dark side button in the previous test, yet seemed strangely easy last week after the team just smashed dark side in the previous test (when supposedly it should be much harder).

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There is an element of luck to it- if you happen to get a couple hooked up quickly, you've reduced the challenge of the remainder considerably. Depends on what you happen to grab to begin with.

Also, now "Noiyce" is canon ;)

4. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Just picked this up, and I am REALLY enjoying it so far. I have vague memories of Forbidden Temple as a kid, and this is honestly scratching that same nostalgic itch.

5. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Am I mistaken or did a team lose the story challenge because they didn't know what Star Wars binoculars looked like (they got the circular things which ended up being binders/handcuffs). Also, I have no idea what a Star Wars hand lamp looks like, good things the contestants did.

Also it seems they did try to make the dark side "penalty" harder by an entirely new sliding tile puzzle. Still wasn't that hard though as they beat it fairly easily, and were knighted.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I assume any participants are given an overview/review of what SW tech is. After that, it's up to them to remember what is what.

EDIT- Amusingly enough, the hand lamp was included in this episode's tale the same week I had a discussion about it on twitter, regarding the PITF1 Yoda action figure, heh.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  7. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Guess all the kids on this show were hunted down and murdered after all. Or not, who dies these days?

JediFett10 and The2ndQuest like this.
  8. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Pretty sure we still don't know when this is set, and I would guess it's like Galaxy's Edge. A couple padawans trained, not every single kid we see on the show represents distinct individual padawans.

9. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Kelleran: Kriff all those kids I trained, this little green frog is the one I'll save.

Sarge and JediFett10 like this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, we now know it has to be set sometime during the prequels at this point, given Kelleran's appearance and age.

JediFett10 likes this.
  11. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Dammit. Did I just get spoiled by the Wook
    because I looked up Kelleran?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2023
    Sarge likes this.