main
side
curve

Jedi Temple Pyramid????

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by fireresq7, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hello all. Does anyone know if a model has ever been created for the Jedi Temple's Pyramid?
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/Skystation/art/temple1.jpg]
    I mean I would assume it's easy and all just make a simple pyramid shape right? Then go from there.

Does anyone have a better picture then this to use as maps?

~Rory

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    That's not an official pic.. the temple isn't anywhere near that big. If you watch AOTC, you see the entire temple, and it's the same as the model that's already available on Sci-Fi 3D. So you'll probably find little help in making an inaccurate version like in that pic, which is just fan-art.

3. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    No where near that big huh?

I'll have to watch AOTC again to see...but is it shaped the same though?? I mean what is the shape? and how tall? Because it looks like it is the tallest building in Coruscant.

~Rory

4. InvidShocktrooper

InvidShocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2003
    Watch the movie again you'll see it's nowhere near being the tallest building on the planet. The one on this site already is of the proper proportions.

5. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Ok thanks guys...checking now.

But if it's not the tallest building then how come when they show scenes inside the temple it looks like the building or really low. The only tall ones or way in the background.

I it's wierd but I just learned something the other day (you guys will think I'm the worst SW fan ever) I was reading one of those SW building manuals and the Jedi council chambers is one of the four little pilars!! I thought it was in the center! Each piliar is for a different type of council.

Am I the only one that didn't know this?
    ~Rory

6. InvidShocktrooper

May 10, 2003
    Probably not but we all learn something new everyday.

7. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    But like I said:

if it's not the tallest building then how come when they show scenes inside the temple it looks like the building or really low. The only tall ones or way in the background.

~Rory

8. InvidShocktrooper

May 10, 2003
    Maybe that's the way the art director wanted the area to look like in the films. If you read articles about Coruscant Skyscrapers you can read that some extend several miles upwards. The temple at any angle, which we see in the movies, does not create the effect that the temple grounds are miles in height. It's all conjecture actually since we have no true guage for measuring dimensions as a viewer.

9. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    I must say that I do agree with you, but I still feel a little confused, because when you look at the Temple, all the building around it are real low, and when the chase scene happened, the buildings were really high.

Is the Temple and the chase scene maybe on different levels on Coruscant? OR are they just really far away from each other OR is it just-"there is no explanation just shut up and watch the movie!" LOL

~Rory

10. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    In the area of Coruscant that the Jedi Temple is at there aren't many skyscrapers around, just basically the main planet surface all over the planet, (The buildings are on a surface of building-type structures that cover the planet) On Scifi-3D there are 2 models of the Coruscant Surface. The Speeder chase on the other hand is far from the Jedi Temple, it starts in the political area and ends up in the industrial area. Both of which have very tall buildings close together.

11. InvidShocktrooper

May 10, 2003
    I agree the two scenes are far apart as the Planets topography goes. The chase sequence starts in the Political sector and ventures out into the Commercial sector. The industrial sector that we saw towards the end of Ep II show the buildings as not being so tall.

As far as you shutting the f up, nah debates and such are great methinks and I invite more of it :)

12. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Cool thnaks guys...

Hey does anyone here know what type of council is in each pilar?

(I never bought the book)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.