main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by JediKnightLisa, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    We could move the time on Sunday to 3pm. That way I can start the newbies and then you can join us a bit later, unless you can get out earlier.

How is 3pm on June 25th for everyone? I know you cant make it Tom. :( But there will be others!

Marty, this Thursday I am free after 10am! We could get the routine started up again. Just LMK what time you would like to get together.

Dont forget you will need a practice saber for saber practice... Home Depot red tipped 3/4 inch by 48inch length wooden dowel with pipe insulation duct taped. If you have questions, please just let me know. Of course, DAVE maybe can bring his practice sabers too... [face_whistling] but we wont be using those for general instruction... they can be "dangerous" if not used properly. ;)

2. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I have a scholarship brunch at work from 9-11, but after that I'm free. Let me know when a good time for you would be.

3. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    i will not be able to make it sunday.....gradparty

4. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Dangerous? It depends on who is swinging them :p

I just modded them with insulation and tape, so they are a little more practice friendly and ready to go for Sunday. I will be there for the 1 pm round, I need to get my sorry arse into practice shape ;)

Dave

5. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Why dont we make it around 12:30, after lunch? Congrats on the scholarship!

6. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Sorry guys, I have my nephews coming into town and I will not be able to make it Sunday...

7. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
  8. Marko_Ragnos

Marko_Ragnos Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I might come Sunday Lisa, I sent you a pm.

9. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    Can we have this guy come help teach too Lisa? [face_hypnotized]

10. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    =P~ Now that would be COOL! It was pretty awesome talking with Nick Gillard and watching him go through a demo at C3. :D

Talking about that... we need to find the next academy dates. I have the afternoon of Thursdays July 20 & 27, anytime thursdays in August(before 5pm on August 3, 10, 17), Saturday July 29, August 5, 26 and Sundays July 30, August 6, 20, 27.

Any of these dates good for anyone???

11. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    This coming Thursday I'm working till 5:30, so I can do afterwards. July 29th is out due to it being Mom's birthday and all, and that's all I know so far.

12. Marko_Ragnos

Mar 29, 2005
    I looked at my schedule and all July is bad because of work. Then my first week in August would be the perfect time for me to finally start the training. So Aug.3rd, 5th or 6th are good.

13. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    NEXT ACADEMY:

THURSDAY AUGUST 3RD AFTER 2PM
    SATURDAY AUGUST 5TH ANYTIME
    SUNDAY AUGUST 6TH ANYTIME

Who can come on what day(s) and at what time? I will schedule the next session(s) on these days, all of them if need be or if you want to come more than once that week. :)

14. Marko_Ragnos

Mar 29, 2005
    I can on those 3 dates so i am flexible.

15. Pi-Quan

Pi-Quan Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2006
    I am always up for a duel. I normally fight with my sabers though, so I can bring them. As for days and times, Mondays are good for me.

16. JediKnight1221

JediKnight1221 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    My vote would be for the 5th. The following week Im on call for work

17. Qui-Gon_Tom

Qui-Gon_Tom Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2006
    I'll be out of town...for all those dates...

18. Pi-Quan

Pi-Quan Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2006
    Saturday August 5th, I'm in. Please send me info, seeing this will be my first meeting.
    I can't wait. [face_dancing]

19. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Looks like Saturday August 5th it is! We will meet at 2:30pm at Basset Park on the corner of Youngs Road and Klein Road in Amherst. Bring your bopper trainers or whatever you got. It will be great to meet the new Jedis! See you there!
    We could do dinner afterwards, if you want too. :)

PM sent Pi-Quan.

20. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    Unfortunately it looks like I'll be missing this one. I have to go into work at 1pm, and then I'm heading out for an overnight afterwards. Have fun though!

21. Marko_Ragnos

Mar 29, 2005
    I will be there.

22. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Did you get a practice saber put together yet? See you guys there...

23. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Back from a GREAT first offical Jedi Academy for this summer. Had a fun time and am excited that two new Jedi Padawans are well on their way.
    Will post when the next session will be: Thursday, Saturday or Sundays. If a date is good for you, post away or PM. :)

Thanks for coming out and meeting us Pi-Quan! Hope to see you soon at a meeting and glad you FINALLY got around to joining North Ridge! ;)

24. Ken_Of_The_Whills

Ken_Of_The_Whills Jedi Master star 1

Mar 15, 2003
    I didn't check the board in time ... I missed it :(

In a way, it might be for the better ... when Lisa and I started to develop a teaching curriculum, it seemed to take the fun out of it for some people. Maybe because of my background, I took it too seriously. Either that or it was just not having anywhere to train all winter.

If I thought people would be interested, I'd still be willing to work with people who want to improve martial-style motion skills or teach more complex combination movements. I could come to practice and work with anyone interested. I have a lot of teaching experience in this area and I don't want it to go to waste ...

On a side note, I've been officially learning Yang Family Taiji Sword. Very cool, but the applications aren't very apparent and the movements aren't similar to any of the common lightsaber styles.

25. Marko_Ragnos

Mar 29, 2005
    Great first session! Thanks Lisa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.