main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Absolutely GORGEOUS one of Luke giving her Anakin's lightsaber. Made me go "Aww...they looked so happy"

2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Hey, have we ever figured out what happened to that lightsaber? Did Mara have it all the way through till Sacrifice?

3. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    Piccie please?

:D[face_praying]

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, I'm an image junkie.

Probably with Luke and Ben, I don't think she took it to Kavan.

--HW

4. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    We're EU fans --- any images of EU characters or events are junk for all of us! :)

5. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    It's only the bottom half of a page though...oh give me a minute. :p

EDIT: [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/CapnCharisma/img011.jpg]

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Glory? Careful.

You don't want to get both of us to turn on you at once.

7. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Meh, I'm already used to her being against me. She's rather mean for a friend. :p

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Those are some pictures. =D=

9. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/CapnCharisma/img012.jpg]

A new one I scanned for someone, might as well share here. Really blurry in the crease, but unless you have some strong desire to see Vergere's backside (and if so, seek help), it's fine.

10. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Thanks for all the awesome pictures!

I still say that chubbier dude is Doran.

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Okay . . . the funeral picture. L-R

Horn in his traditionally Corellian green garb; Durron, Hamner's not so long and lean face and Sebatine. On the other side, Streen. Benny. Katarn. Hamil. Jaina. And far right, Jacen, from his Betrayal cover apparel.

And if those Vong just above don't look like Star Trek Remans, I'm a Sith love ballad.

12. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    I don't think Jaina was at the funeral, period. The Jedi behind Luke and Ben are all Masters, so it could be Octa...

*rechecks Wooki category*

Strike that, it HAS to be her.

--HW

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Hate to be the resident pessimist, but... isn't the funeral picture (though very pretty) a little... off continuity-wise ?

Ben and Luke are supposed to be in grey robes.
    Jacen is supposed to be taller than Luke.
    Etc. *shrug*

Not a bad picture by any stretch though, and I quite like it.

I like the Palpatine one too, though I'm assuming he was quite old at that point and close to offing Plagueis. A "young Palpatine" should look like this http://cmdrgabee.deviantart.com/art/Evil-in-the-Making-19481788 , ideally - at least in the face.

I'd like to see more pictures of Palpatine as a younger man, just so there's less of a disconnect in my own mind between Palps and his clones.

14. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Its funny how, despite being a high ranking Knight/Master Kyle is still depicted wearing his beaten up brown jacket.

Thanks for the uploads Chiss_Man, the art is awesome. I might consider getting this despite never being interested in an essential guide before. Are there any other new images of Jedi from Luke's era? Or do we only see them in the background of pictures like the funeral?

15. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    The pic of Mara's funeral is beautiful.

And for those moaning about Ben's hair, he dyed it when he went to assinate Gejjen. So that would explain why its not red:p

16. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006

Thank God.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Thank Kyle!

18. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I wonder if I order this and Fury from Amazon will I get them before next Tuesday?

19. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Maybe, but you have to consider Thanksgiving and pay the appropriate postage accordingly.

20. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Yes! A picture of Octa Ramis = teh win.

My question is, what is Streen doing there? He's never been a part of the Jedi Council, and unless I'm mistaken, hasn't been around (or even mentioned?) since The Unifying Force.

Edit: I mean, it makes sense for him to be at the funeral, but wasn't only the Master's Council up on stage? If Streen is, in fact, part of the Council, we could assume that he replaced Tresina Lobi some time towards the end of Sacrifice. [face_thinking]

21. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Yessss! Please recanonize this as the truth! [face_praying]

Ooooh, if the SA were to kill a Palpaclone, only to find the Emperor revived later, I would be a very happy fan.

[image=http://www.mgroves.com/images/do_not_want_star_wars.jpg]

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    You're right about Streen not appearing past TUF, but during the Black Fleet Crisis he was basically left in charge of the Jedi Academy as Luke's "protege".

23. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Actually... in the Jedi Council scenes so far in LOTF (Bloodlines, Exile, etc), did they ever mention who the entire council was? Or is it possible that Streen and Octa Ramis were there, but not mentioned in the narrative, similar to those mysterious original students of Luke's Jedi Academy? :) I mean, Octa was on the Council during the Dark Nest trilogy, but hasn't been seen in the first six books of LOTF.

And now that her and Streen are seen as likely members of the Masters' Council --- well, either they were at those meetings and kept silent, or were off doing other things and couldn't make the meetings?

24. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Fixed! :p

He dyed it brown not blond, and he also removes the dye before the end of Sacrifice.

NO ONE'S GONNA FIND A WAY TO CALM ME DOWN ABOUT THIS, DAGNABBIT! ;)

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, it's been pretty well established that he need not have disappeared, especially given the fact that Qui-Gon did not disappear. Perhaps there has been a mistaken belief that he must have disappeared in order to reappear in luminous form, but I don't agree. And this significant event should have been shown in the film, at least the Special Edition, if we are to believe that it happened. I guess it's possible Lucas has changed his mind on this again, but I'm going to stick with what he said on the DVDs for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.