main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    chiss_man, seems like you're the only one who was willing to pay for the bugger!

2. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    Doesnt come on sale until Nov. 20

3. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    Early sales.

--HW

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I'm interested in the 2 wizard suborders The Sith Lords game mentioned: the Zeishon Sha and the other one. Combat robes for mages. Or are they just regular orders, like Echani?

5. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Wow! You're here! Thanks so much for dropping by; and it really is great art. I look forward to reading more of the stories behind it if you ever get your blog up and running!

Regarding Ben's hair colour - apologies if I was shrill; it's a...half-comedic obsession by now. Though as to why the Wook's visuals are incorrect, it's because we have very, very few images of Ben. Really, aside from the art in this book, there's just two pictures from a Star Wars: Tales comic which may not be canon anyway (the Tales generally aren't unless reference elsewhere), where Ben shows up for a panel or two with blond hair - probably because the comic was published before Ben had really featured in any books as anything other than an infant - and the front cover of Fury where you can't tell what color it is due to the lighting!

For such an important character, the boy's really hurting for some illustrations! So thanks for adding another one, even if he has, uh, dyed his hair in honour of his father ;)

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I've got it pre-ordered. *shrug*

7. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Please scan that picture, I need it! thx

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Chiss- Does the book mention anything on the power of force flight? Or on Maw being able to use the power of the force for hover/levitation/or flying? I know that this power is in the Dark Side Sourcebook, the updated RPG sourcebook, and the new one that came out this May. Please let me know if any of the above came out. Will the book be released tomorrow?

9. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    A friend of mine, who's one of Yodapedia's Administrators, has found the book already in Amsterdam ! Here's the index on Yodapedia

http://nl.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_vs_Sith:_The_Essential_Guide_to_the_Force

10. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Not sure about the Combat robes for mages thing, but what little is known about the Zeison Sha is covered in the d20 'Power Hero's Guide' sourcebook as far as I know.

Basically I think some Jedi crashed on some planet, and focused on using telekinesis more, a LOT more. Try looking on the Wook

EDIT: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zeison_Sha

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, no one named that we have an article on.

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sweet nibblets!
    :-B :eek: *nerdgasm* =P~

13. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It's only a corner picture, though...

14. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    It's getting relesased tomorrow, then? I thought it was coming out next week [face_thinking]

15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    It's supposed to be out the 27th, same as Fury if I remember correctly. I was just fortunate enough to find one very early.

16. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    corner is ok, I am impatient. Germany gets the guide sometimes weeks late

17. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Thanks for dropping by, Chris! Great to hear that that's officially Streen and Octa. [face_peace] Go Octa!

18. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    so basically this book is a new essential chronology but focused on the jedi and sith instead of the larger galactic governments?

19. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    No no, there's some history sure but there's also sections on various Force powers and Force users.

20. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Hey Chiss-man, I was wondering is there any mention of the Sith'ari in relationship to the Chosen One?

21. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Looking just right now, I didn't see any. And I don't recall seeing anything previously. Sorry. :(

22. PerfectCell

PerfectCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Not at all, basically this book is SW philosophy, and that is a great thing. There is nothing solid information wise in the book, it is all theories, suppositions, and thoughts on the Force and it is a tremendous book.

23. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Really? Then why is no one in this entire kriffing thread mentioning any of that? To hear them is to believe that it's all Force powers and retreading the historical info given in the NEC.

24. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Probably because I'm, so far, the only one who seems to have it and I've yet to actually get a chance to read it. That, and I am pretty much just answering questions people ask which seem to be on history and powers. But the above desciption is correct, si.

25. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    We can't have that now can we... o_O

Linky...

[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.