main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jericho

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    I agree.

However, they REALLY do need to increase on developing the 'mythology' of the show, and reduce some of the soap opera elements.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I agree. This is coming back this week, and we're supposed to get a number of answers in the coming episodes, which has me very happy.

iTunes has a 'catch-up' clipshow that'll bring everyone up to date on what's going on.

3. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Jericho is returning in America?

Hmm I haven't heard anything about it's return here in Australia, from that it seems that unfortunately our local TV Network will not continue to show Jericho straight after it airs in the US... :_|

4. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Yep, it's back this week.

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I just watched this for the first time yesterday. They had the Chinese airdrop show on On Demand. It was enough to amke me want to watch the series, or at least the catch-up episode. I'm glad I have DVR so I can try to keep up with it. :)

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    That was one of the better episodes, and CBS might still have all the episodes online. Hopefully, the soap opera will vanish.

7. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Glad to see it made it to a second season. I actually sent in a spec script to try and get a job on the writing team. IT's my FAvorite genre but i doubt that I will actualy hear back from them.

dkt

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Second season? They haven't finished the first...

9. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I was able to watch the pilot through the Four Horsemen yesterday off their website. I think I like this show. :D

10. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Outstanding episode this week. I have to say, despite some cheesiness, I really enjoy this show.

11. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    So, what's the deal with Hawkins?

I get the impression that he is a good guy, and the FBI thing in an earlier episode is true (he is an agent), and that he infiltrated the terrorist group... question is, why didn't the FBI stop it (nukes going off)?

12. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    I would like to know how the EMP detonation fits into the fight, as well as launching ICBM's. If it was domestic terrorists, what was their goal?

Next weeks episode looks pretty awesome, methinks.....

Peace,

V-03

13. Apollo

Apollo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2006
    My guess is he ran out of time for the FBI to stop and there was nothing the Goverenment could do shy of letting the public know which would've caused mass panic and rioting across the country. In order to stop the nukes he'd have to know the cities that were being targeted and the location of the trucks and from the amount of cities involved that probably would've been impossible on such short notice. The only thing he probably did do was stop his bomb from exploding, how I'm not sure. Possibly left it out in the middle of nowhere so it wouldn't nuke a city or maybe called that one in.

I've got meh feelings about Jericho as it just seems like the town should be acting really different in a post-apocalyptic world, not pretending like nothing ever happened.

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Watching the last episode now - pretty good thus far.

...Okay, never mind. More of the same, stupid, selfish characters...

15. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    First at Jonah's, now at this trading town... what is it with crashing cars, trucks through fences?! ;)

Also, add the above locations with Rogue River... the folks of Jericho aren't making too many friends out there in neighbouring towns.

However, I must say that the USA splitting up into 6 different rival faction 'nations' sure could be interesting.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    This episode's slightly better (113), and it looks like next week, we'll see some marines coming in.

- I wish that they'd avoid the drama here. The elder wife and the entire storyline with the baby/splitting up the family thing is just pissing me off. I can't stand most of the characters involved. Some of them just need to be smacked.

- The splitting of the country into six factions - facinating. This is the stuff that they should be focusing on. It's absolutely interesting stuff, hopefully they'll be focusing on this.

- Black Jack is an interesting place, hopefully they'll be going back there.

17. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Another great episode tonight.

Spoilers...

I didn't expect Sarah to kill the bald man at the end.

18. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    Either did I! [face_thinking] Just whose side is Sarah on?

19. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    It is getting weaker and that is a shame.

Tonight there were fake Marines and another girl slipped through Jake's fingers.

Sad. I like this show, but they need to get it going! [face_plain]

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I was impressed with last night's episode. There was the sense of joy that the Marines were there, yet something was not quite right.

The trite, overused movie lines, the screwups in the Marines' lingo, etc got to me a bit. At first, I thought it was just me, nitpicking the writers. (I've been in the Navy, Army Nat'l Guard and Navy Reserve for over 12 years and have been mobilized twice --so I usually nitpick any screwups in military scenes of movies.) As the show went on, I was glad to see that it wasn't the writers messing up, but the people masquerading as Marines who were screwing it up.

It showed just how messed up the world is that they are all in, and how things have deteriorated. Also showed just how 'good' Jericho has it compared to the rest. I also liked how even though Gray got elected as Mayor, just because he has the title of leader, he really doesn't have it. There's a big difference between being able to talk a good talk as a politician and actually being able to lead people when it matters.

Good episode, I'm looking forward to the next one.

21. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I saw this for the first time last night. The guy from Deadwood is a pretty tough.

[face_peace]
    LN

22. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    Something didn't seem right when the 'Marines' said that North Korea and Iran were behind the nuclear attack, when it seems to be a home-grown terrorist event. However, as they did state later, they did get snippets of info from the Marines (before they killed them).

Perhaps the USA *did* retalliate against NK and Iran believing that they did it, as after all, we did see a scene of US nukes being launched.

Was *suprised* that Sarah was killed off so quick... but is she really dead? We never got a close up look at her, just her lying on the floor after being shot. She may not be critically wounded.

BUT... the citizens of Jericho now have a Tank... THAT is interesting! Perhaps they may bring it out after the winter to avoid ruining their cover story of hope.

23. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Haven't posted here for awhile, but this series has gotten to the point where, I think, some catch-all discussion is warranted. Rather long, but bear with me:

• Goddamn, that was a great episode. Lean, mean, and pared right down to the bone. It was exactly as I suspected all along -- an inside job by a hardliner faction inside the US government who "supplied" the nukes to homegrown extremist elements within America itself. Not necessarily Islamic terrorists, which is extremely satisfying beyond words. Been there, done that, got the Jack Bauer exit-wounds.

• Even the scenes involving the other characters were spot-on this week, especially the ones dealing with Johnston and Gail, who turned in some of their best work to date in this episode. I totally bought why Johnston went all forest-hermit after everything that's happened to him these past several weeks.

• Deputy Doofy's presence was kept to the barest minimum, and he served his main purpose, which was to overhear the radio broadcast, get Jake into the house, and then disappear until the very end, when Jake "vets" Hawkins' bona fides to him.

• The scene between Ally and her mother in the street was gut-punching, because -- just as Hawkins said that he's going to have to live for the rest of his life knowing that millions of people perished on his watch -- so too is Ally going to have to live for the rest of hers knowing that she killed another human being. Though she really deserves a ****ing MEDAL for blowing that bitch away.

• And, for once, Emily's character was used to perfect effect, trying to not only run a school after everything's gone to hell, but also to leverage that into trying to dig deeper into Ally's (and Rob's) private lives. The moment when she flipped over the U.S. map ("This is what you knew...and this is how it is now"), revealing the barren continent, was chilling as hell.

• We finally got to see Victor again, and it seems like he was one of the nominal good guys in this whole mess, trying to save civilian lives. And did anyone else here crack an evil grin when they saw the "hangar nuke-boss" through Daryl's door-peephole?

• Now we know how the NYC bombings were foiled -- thanks to Hawkins' tip-off that the terrorists were driving the "white trucks" (and their plate numbers), they were able to intercept those nukes. Plural. Which I found very interesting. Not just one bomb for some cities, but multiple ones, unless maybe the "New York bombs" reference was connoting other target cities elsewhere in the state.

And on Hawkins' basement map, we finally got confirmation that Indianapolis was hit. ****.

• Last night's Morse code:

"WHO RAN RED BELL"
      I guess we know that the Department of Homeland Security head (the head of Hawkins' team) with the cane is actually the fellow seen in McCook, Nebraska. As we all remember, Hawkins saw the "boss" on the satellite, with a cane extended -- this satellite scene was shown last week. Most likely, references early on by Sarah and Hawkins to "the Old Man" are in reference to him.

• It's extremely likely that this fellow (the DHS guy with the cane) is the American who actually ran "Red Bell." A total inside job. Who else to watch over the terrorist cells than the anonymous man who was running (tying together) the entire terrorist operation itself? Nice twist. And in light of this revelation, does the early-season "reverse-911" phone message from the Homeland Security Deputy Director carry some new significance?

• Also, a further guess is that the real money and power behind "Operation Red Bell" (the theft of the Soviet nukes at sea) will be the company Jennings & Rall. Who, as we know, are ass-deep in the arms industry and Halliburton-like contracting to the government in the Jericho universe. And are the owners of Ravenwood, no less.

• The coming firestorm will be political. The head of Homeland Security was probably working with other governme

24. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    [face_laugh]

Thanks for the re-cap, I've dropped this from my viewing schedule, but I might get the episodes on innertube.

25. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    I was displeased with tonights episode. :( Now they are going to start some war with a nearby town?

I really want to see Gray Anderson either step up and do the right thing or die.

Lets get back to the DHLS bad guy Valente!

[image=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10048356A~Lawrence-Tierney-Posters.jpg]

He reminded me of 'JOE' from Reservoir Dogs! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.