main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jillian's - Get Together (Updated with Official Information)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Glymmer, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Place: Thursday, April 21 at Jillians Jillians Website for more information
    317-822-9300 (about 3 blocks from the convention center on the corner of Georgia and Meridian)
    Meeting Place: 2nd floor - arcade and bar area (more than likely - if you aren't sure you can PM for my contact information and can give me a call to find out our exact location)
    Time: 8:30p.m. - til we close the place down or get kicked out
    Approximate number in attendance: around 100+
    Who can attend: Anyone and everyone willing to share drinks/entertainment/food with their fellow Star Wars fans for a relaxing evening away from lines.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'd consider going. It depends on what else is going on, and who else plans on being there. I'm trying to keep my schedule somewhat open, so I won't be disappointed if something comes up and I have to miss something else.

3. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Where is this place located, in relation to the con/downtown hotels? Is it within walking distance? If so I think it might be a good idea. An informal gathering place w/o any pesky membership or tickets or anything...

4. LilyPotter2

LilyPotter2 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    Yeah I would definetly be interested in going just let me know

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'd be more than interested in going!

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Possibly. Jillian's is a fun place. I guess it really depends on what else is going on though.

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I don't think there's an age minimum for Jillians -- at least, the one in Nashville doesn't have one.

8. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I dunno. I might be interested in going.

9. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Where is this place located, in relation to the con/downtown hotels? Is it within walking distance? If so I think it might be a good idea. An informal gathering place w/o any pesky membership or tickets or anything...

Yes, it is within walking distance of the center. I don't remember the exact location but it's somewhere you can walk to.

10. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Sounds good to me. Are you meaning after the Con festivities that day?

11. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Fate and I get in around 11:30 on Thursday, so you guys better stay there late!

12. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    I was thinking after the Con (because I'm probably not arriving until late that day as well, Carmen). It would probably be a night thing.

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Using this map...Jillian's is at 141 S. Meridian street, which is basically near the intersection of Georgia & Meridian, next to the Hampton Inn. So it's pretty close to everything.

At a certain point in the evening (9PM I think) you have to be over 18 to remain inside Jillian's (might not apply to the resturant, not sure about that).

Anyway, I'd be interested, just don't know what my schedule is going to be...will try to leave that time frame free.

14. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Just a note, it's great that 18+ can STAY in Jillian's, but I know the one in Memphis mandates that you must be 21+ to enter after certain hours. Might wannna find out for the late starters.

15. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, we stayed at this place in Idaho where they allowed kids under 21 until 10 then they had to get out. Which sucked since that's when the fun started. [face_devil]

16. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I had no idea you were even going to C3, Glymmer. Trem and I seem to be the only ones I knew of going. I, of course will be there in more an "official" manner, but I'll still be there for the good stuff. :)

17. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'd like to come to, but I'm going to be getting in late on Thursday. I have school to attend on Thursday, and I might get out at either 3, or 4:30 (I haven't talked to my one teacher yet... she might let me skip class. :D) I might not get there until 11pm.

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'll stop in Thurs night. Sounds like a good way to start off the festivities.......

19. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey, so how would this work? Are you going to need to know ahead of time who's coming to like make reservations?

And what's the price range for this place?

20. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    No reservations needed...it's just open like any bar. Sometimes there's a cover, sometimes there isn't. No minimums or anything.

21. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Hmmm...depending on what else is going on, it sounds like a posibility for Strife and I.

22. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Christy,
    If you'll be there, then I'll definitely be there too. ;-) Can't wait to see you again! :-D

23. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Christy,
    If you'll be there, then I'll definitely be there too. ;-) Can't wait to see you again! :-D

I'd like to see you guys again, too, but I'm probably not going. Maybe if I find someone to room with in the next month... Otherwise maybe I'll catch some of you at San Diego Comic Con some time....?

24. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    So it's pretty standard price wise? I just am trying to avoid spending too much on food since I gotta budget so much else, lol.

25. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    I had no idea you were even going to C3, Glymmer. Trem and I seem to be the only ones I knew of going. I, of course will be there in more an "official" manner, but I'll still be there for the good stuff.

Yes, I plan on going (wouldn't want to miss the last one). We did this the last time - met at Jillian's and it seemed to work out okay. If you and Trem are going then we should definitely try to meet up at some point.

Christy,

Yay John! It's only three years later.

I'd like to see you guys again, too, but I'm probably not going. Maybe if I find someone to room with in the next month... Otherwise maybe I'll catch some of you at San Diego Comic Con some time....?

Try PMing carmenite42 - I think she is looking for a roommate.

So it's pretty standard price wise? I just am trying to avoid spending too much on food since I gotta budget so much else, lol.

Yes, it's standard price wise. Plus they have a lot of appetizers that a large group could split (if you're not that hungry or trying to save money).

This isn't solidified -- but I'm thinking about 8:30 or 9:00 might be a good time to show up. That way if there is anyone under 18 that wants to stay or hang out, we could discuss moving to another location. This is a good place to gather and it's big enough for a large get together. I'm sure we would stay at least an hour or two so that might give other people enough time to show up when their schedules permitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.