main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jillian's - Get Together (Updated with Official Information)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Glymmer, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Amen to that! :) wooohooo!

2. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Well, as long as you can admit you're crazy. Personally, we (me and the mrs.) are crazy too. We should have a fine time being crazy together!

3. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I prefer the term sanely challenged.

4. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    All my friends think I'm crazy... they think I'm crazy for liking Star Wars as much as I do... ;)

5. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    And I combat political correctness in all its forms...

it is what it is --> 8-}

6. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    All my friends think I'm crazy... they think I'm crazy for liking Star Wars as much as I do.

Thank Palpatine I'm not the only one.

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    ^^^ Same here. I just got into a discussion at work about Star Wars.

8. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Upping this for anyone that hasn't seen it.

9. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    So you all are thinking of showing up at 8:30- 9?

I don't think I would stay late Thursday night, I'm planning on dropping in long enough to chat and meet folks and you know, maybe a couple/few hours. But I don't wanna show up is no one else is gonna be there yet.

Also, Sebulba's map was *very* informative, but can someone give me an actual blocks estimate?

Thing is, the parents are nervous about me walking around Indy at night, since we aren't from that area and only know the city in passing. So Dad wants to know how far it'll be and such. Since it's so close to the con center I am assuming it's in a good part of town?

And has anyone actually contacted the Indy Jillian's to make sure their rules will allow for those of us unfortunate enough not to be of drinking age to hang around after 9/10 pm?

10. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    I contacted Jillians and they do not have an age limit requirement on weekdays (on Thursday they are open until midnight) so you can stay as long as you want. They do on the weekends but that's not relevant.

From the convention center, Jillians is very close (probably about 1-2 blocks). I walked there the last time at C2 and had no problems (and felt very safe).

If you are worried that you might be the only one to show up, I can give you my cell phone number. You're welcome to give me a shout to find out if we're there, etc. Although, I do plan on being there a little earlier.

11. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    So they'll be closed right after ANH lets out... :oops:

12. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I contacted Jillians and they do not have an age limit requirement on weekdays (on Thursday they are open until midnight) so you can stay as long as you want.

Awesome. :D

13. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Well if it's only one or two blocks I can prolly just walk over there and if no one's there I can just walk right on back, or wait if I feel like it. But if the meeting time is gonna be 9, that's when I'll be there, I'm not planning on showing up early or anything.

14. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Hello. I don't really know anyone here, but I was hoping I could change that by meeting you guys in Indy. Would you mind if I came to this little get together as well?

15. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Wouldn't mind at all. This is for anyone and everyone. Fun will be had by all.

16. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, I would be happy to come along to this one as well. I'm coming over from England and intend to meet and greet as many Star Wars fans as I can whilst I'm there.

I do have a mobile number, but it would be international to all of you!

Oh, I wanted to add that if anyone wants anything from old blighty, let me know, it might be possible to bring stuff out.

17. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Oh, I wanted to add that if anyone wants anything from old blighty, let me know, it might be possible to bring stuff out.

Awesome! I just went to England (London) last May. What part are you coming from? Can you bring some of those Cadbury chocolates?

18. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Whoa yeah...I'd forgotten about the chocolates. My friend went to London and she was going to bring me some but she lost them. :(

How much are the chocolates?

19. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Let me know what Cadbury chocolates you would like, and I'm sure I can smuggle some in ;)

20. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I thought I'd bump this up for reminder and clarification. So the get together is Thursday night at Jillians, 8:30 or 9:00, but where inside? It's a large place; looks like 3 floors.

I also think the singles group should just plan to attend this one. You can still ferret each other out and this might be less threatening.

Does anyone know if any of the surrounding hotels have a lobby bar? That might make a place to meet informally on Wednesday night. Then folks could go on from there.

Since I'm spending much of my C3 time volunteering I don't know if I'll be able to meet but would like to come to Jillians if I'm off.

21. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    I have a Cadbury factory in the state I live in,can I come to this get together if I bring some Cadbury chocs?

22. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Does anyone know if any of the surrounding hotels have a lobby bar? That might make a place to meet informally on Wednesday night. Then folks could go on from there.

Do you mean Thursday? I think this is a great idea. Those who want to head over there can have a little pre-meet in their respective hotels and get acquainted in smaller groups before congregating at Jillian's. How about meeting at each hotel at around 8 ish and then heading over to Jillian's at 9? Just suggesting it since a definite time hasn't been decided upon.

23. Jedi0824

Jedi0824 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    I will probally come over afterthe opening ceremonies.

24. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    I have a Cadbury factory in the state I live in,can I come to this get together if I bring some Cadbury chocs?

Yes. Chocolate is always good.

I'm probably going to try and be at Jillians at 8:30ish. I've gotten contact information from quite a few people interested in meeting up.

Jillians has a few private pool rooms off to the side (on the 1st floor I believe). I think it'll be a good idea to try and get one of those (depending on availability). So if you're interested in meeting up, that's where I'll probably be. That's not a definite, though so exchanging contact info. is still probably a good idea.

Getting closer! Can't wait to meet everyone!

25. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I am pretty sure that I will be attending and the other guys from our fanforce will be coming, as well. DG, do I just need to PM you with my cell number, or how does that work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.