main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jillian's - Get Together (Updated with Official Information)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Glymmer, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    Christy, I have your number, so you should have mine, too. Right? If not, PM me. Mine'll be the one in use that weekend, because I don't think Dani's can be used outside of Texas.

Jeffro is picking Dani and I up from the airport, and we'll head over there post-airport. Now that we know that Jeffro will be able to get in, little young'un that he is.

2. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I should check my PMs on the weekends. Here's an updated list:

Bruno_Fett
    Connemara
    Elan_rai
    Errant_Venture
    Fatenaberrie
    gandalfbmg
    Grimby the Hutt
    gswookie
    Hama
    jairen
    Jedifalcon25
    JediRiff
    Kir Kanos
    lija
    Lily_Skywalker
    Maidenlumpe
    Maulfly
    MrSkinnee
    Naboosprincess
    nnaydolem
    rgjedi01
    spooky_kid
    Vaders_Kid
    woppo

*the bolded names are recent additions

Also, Dani and Carmen - I think Paul has your number but I don't have it. So you can either PM that to me or I can just get it from Paul and put it in.

John - I already had your number so I didn't add you, but I will now!

3. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Dude aren't carmen and maidenlumpe the same person?

4. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    This sounds like a great idea & a good time! [face_dancing] Please put me on your list too. I'll pm you my contact info.

5. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Just a quick question....I was wondering how we will all recognize each other in the restraunt. Should we bring our badges or the badges that Grimby made for us?? Just asking.

6. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I'll have my Darth Cornholio badge on. As far as I know, I'll be the only person wearing one of those.

7. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    [face_dancing] WOO HOO I am Number One [face_dancing]

It pays to be alphabetically young!

8. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    I spoke with Jessica Bramer, Event Sales Coordinator for Jillians. I was just curious about reserving a private room for our group since it's growing everyday closer to the convention. I wasn't sure how it worked but she e-mailed me some information:

Jillian?s Banquet Room
    Great for meetings and sit down dinners. Capacity is 65 sit down or 100 cocktail. Flat $200 rental fee and $200 food and beverage minimum.

Jillian?s Private Billiards Party Room
    Complete with 2 Brunswick billiards tables, a big screen TV, dart board and luxury leather seating area. Great for groups of 40 and under that want an intimate gaming experience. Food and beverage package minimum applies.
    $100.00 per hour Thursday - Saturday with $200 food and beverage minimum

Do any of these packages appeal to anyone? I know $400 sounds like a lot, but if 60 people show (which is looking like the case) then it will be $7/person. If you're planning on eating and ordering drinks then you would be spending this amount anyway.

Otherwise, we'll just stick to the original plan of trying to find a meeting place, etc. Although, I do know that the game floor is on level 2 and would be the appropriate place to convene.

EDIT: Also, from the convention center, Jillians is exactly 2 blocks to the east. It's on the corner of Georgia and Meridian.

9. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I think I can swing $7. ;)

10. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Funny. I was just starting to think that we might need to reserve an area just for us, as big as this is becoming. I mean its been posted on the After Hours thread on here as well. So even if people haven't been posting on here, there's likely going to be a LOT of people that just decide to wander on over there. Honestly, I think its a good idea, and I'm down with it. But I really don't think we're gonna have enough space in just ONE room for people. I think having people wander the entire complex may be the best bet. Just a thought. Personally, I'm up for renting some space.

11. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    John - I was thinking the banquet room would be good (just have it designed as a cocktail type event) where people could come and go as they wanted and also browse the buffet.

What I need is interest level in doing this and whether or not people could chip in. I love you guys, but I don't think I can foot the bill for $400. And I might need some input as to whether this might be something to get from everyone in advance (so I'm not left with the bill).

12. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I think there's a fairly good chance that 60-100 people would show up. In a town of 25,000 Star Wars fans, I think drumming up that amount shouldn't be too much of a problem. Maybe have a pay at the door thing, and just hand out fliers at the con?

EDIT - Yeah good call Errant on both points. I'm just looking out for Glymmer since I want to make sure if we do this that she's not out any money. Besides, judging from the list of names up there. We're almost halfway to having enough people already.

13. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I dunno about handing out fliers at the con for two reasons, one you'd get a lot more people than Jillians can handle and two, I personally like the 'JC' event idea better.

As for chipping in, I can certainly do that.

14. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    You know im down with anything Darth Glymmer, ill chip in whatever you need, that gaming room sounds kool!!

15. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Same here, DG, just let me know how you want to go with this, and I would be glad to help pitch in. By the way, there will probably be 3 others coming with me, just so you know.

16. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I agree with Venture, I am going to two other C3 fan parties, I was hoping this would be a JC only event.

And I don't mind paying $7 at all. :)

17. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    On your list you put me but forgot the hubby. :p

A small cover-fee to help with the rental should be no problem. :)

18. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I can pay up to $10 - but any more than that and it's starting to stretch thin.

19. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Bruno_Fett
    Connemara
    craigrr (plus guest)
    Darth_Ignant
    Elan_rai
    Errant_Venture
    FateNaberrie
    gandalfbmg
    GrandAdmiralStrife
    Grimby the Hutt
    gswookie
    Hama
    jairen
    Jedifalcon25
    JediRiff (plus 3 guests)
    Kir Kanos
    lija
    Lily_Skywalker
    Maidenlumpe
    Maulfly
    MrSkinnee
    Naboosprincess
    nnaydolem
    rgjedi01
    spooky_kid
    VadersFanForever
    Vaders_Kid
    woppo

*bolded names are additions/corrections

So far that's 32 that are pretty much confirmed and I know I am missing a few names/guests on this list. Having that information it makes me think it will be easy to reserve a room.

I contacted Jessica again with Jillians. She informed me that a 50% deposit is due at time of reservation and the other 50% due upon arrival. So what I'm mainly concerned with is covering $200 worth of this stuff. Since we are approaching C3 I don't think we have enough time for people to mail me payments or anything. The best thing I can think of is to do it by paypal. That way I can cover the first half (at least).

But I don't want this to be something that limits other people from going. Like if you had planned on going but weren't going to spend any money, by all means, please don't let something like this stop you from coming. I just think it might be worth it to go ahead and reserve a room and have some food (all for about $7/person).

And like I said, you're bound to spend that much on entertainment, food, drinks at Jillians anyway.

20. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I've been waiting to commit until I have my volunteer schedule. I would be willing to pay a share even if I'm unable to come but I'd love clarification. How exactly does the $200 food/beverage minumum work?

21. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Basically you have to order a minimum of a food and beverage purchase of $200. I have a list of food/beverage packages available. They have it priced by a per person basis.

For example:

Assorted Gourmet Pizza Bites ($3.50 per guest)
    Barbecue Chicken Wings ($3.50 per guest)
    Barbecue Meatballs ($2.00 per guest)
    Boneless Buffalo Wings served with Bleu Cheese Dressing($3.75 per guest)
    Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Tortilla Chip Cascade($2.50 per guest)
    Cheese & Cracker Display (import and domestic)($2.50 per guest)
    Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce ($3.75 per guest)
    Chicken Tenders with (2) Sauces: (Honey-Mustard, Barbecue, Ranch)($3.50 per guest)
    Chilled Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce ($5.00 per guest)
    Crab & Artichoke Dip ($5.00 per guest)
    Fresh Vegetable Landscape with Ranch Dip ($1.50 per guest)
    Garlic Popcorn Shrimp ($3.75 per guest)
    Grilled Teriyaki Steak Kabobs ($3.75 per guest)
    Jalapeno Poppers ($3.25 per guest)
    Two Alarm Wings with Bleu Cheese Dressing ($3.50 per guest)
    Tortilla Chips with Salsa ($1.50 per guest)
    Miniature Egg Rolls with Sweet & Sour Sauce ($3.25 per guest)
    Miniature Quiche (assortment) ($3.50 per guest)
    Stuffed Mushroom Caps (Spinach, Artichoke hearts & sausage) ($3.75 per guest)
    Spanakopita (Spinach & Feta Cheese in Phyllo Pastry)
    ($3.50 per guest)

Hosted Deluxe Well, Beer,
    House Wine & Non-Alcoholics

First Two Hours $20.00 per guest
    Each
    Additional Hour $ 6.50 per guest

Hosted Beer, House Wine &
    Non-Alcoholics

First Two Hours $15.00 per guest
    Additional Hour $ 5.00 per guest

Hosted Non-Alcoholics
    First Two Hours $7.00 per guest
    Each
    Additional Hour $2.50 per guest
    (Includes juices, bottled waters,
    Smoothies, non-alcoholic beers)

Bottomless Soda, Coffee & Tea
    $3.50 per guest (maximum 4 hours)

The idea was to pick a variety of appetizers and/or drink options to just meet the $200 minimum and then pay the rental fee.

22. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    $7.00 per person sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Just let us know how the payments should be handled.

23. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Looking at that list is making me so hungry.

Okay, are we paying beforehand OR afterwards? Or both? Or neither? I'm still kind of confused on how this is going to work. Like, if we paypal you money, do we need to pay $7 at the door? Or is the $7 the requested amount per person? Or is it something completely different?

24. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Glymmer, where you go I will follow. Seven bucks sounds great. I dont want to rain on anyones party but...

In order for you to order 200 dollars worth of food you will need a definite head count since it looks like that is how they figure it out. Also you have volunteered to foot the $$$ up front, I would hate for your to get screwed in the end (normally I would take that inuendo and fly with it but I am trying to make a serious point here). If everyone paypals you and you have enough for the deposit what do you do then the day of the get together? You should not have to keep track of people wandering into the room with thoughts of free food, also you would have to check everyone as they got there. Inevitably after a few drinks someone will get upset that they didn't get to have a quasidillo and complain, then someone who isnt drinking will complain and yadda yadda yadda.

I like the idea of having a special room and all, but I don't want you to have to take all the responsibility and then spend the whole time running yourself ragged trying not to go into hock and make it go smoothly. What woudl Jillians do if 60 people just showed up, they would have to make some accomodations, and then its up to them to make it work.

25. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    I have to say I agree with Bruno. There's already so many pre-pay-and-sign-up parties in Indy, I think having something more free-wheeling would be nice. Sounds like trying to put this all together would be a hastle, and you shouldn't have to shoulder that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.