main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams directing Episode IX Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by 2Cleva, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    ok 1. why is this not on Star Wars twitter? and 2. what is that we are looking at in the picture?

2. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Definitely see Finn. Not sure who else is in the pic.

3. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Chewie and possibly Rey in captain's chair

4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Finn and Chewie in the Falcon cockpit for sure. Maybe Rey piloting?

5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    what do you mean movie flops I absolutely loved Abrams two Star Trek films and the third one was really good too! I talk to a lot of people in the real world and on here most people love the Abrams Kelvin time line. personally I prefer The Orville to Discovery I cant even watch Discovery I don't have the CBS Streaming and don't plan on getting it. But I saw the pilot and wasn't impressed it was boring and had horrible CGI at least The Orville admits its a spoof...

6. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Abrams joined Twitter? Bold strategy Cotton

7. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    He tweeted through the Bad Robot twitter account for Episode VII before. When he joined twitter his account was private at first. But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  8. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    As with most things, social media all about the execution. Look how Ron Howard endeared himself to fans through his social media accounts after he took over on Solo (though granted it didn't seem to help the box office that much).

9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    People like Abrams. He has a very down to earth personality. However, the mystery box mindset has created distance between the films and audience involvement. In this day and age of social media, with the intense competition and supply of films next year, and the "struggles" stemming from Solo and possibly TLJ, utilizing social media to get fans involved in the process is the way to go. And he can do so without spilling the beans on the essential secretive plot points.

teamhansolo and chrcharcor2 like this.
  10. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
  11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Principle photography will wrap in February. Seems a bit longer than most films including SW.

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Good for JJ for owning up to that, even though he was barely involved with LOST at that point. Shows a lot of class. Wish we could have a President like that...

13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    ...aaaand there it is!

11-4D likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    "Wanna bet?" -Everybody involved with Solo: A Star Wars Story.

15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think the long shoot is so JJ can nail this ,

With TFA he had to go back & make something very OT to make up somewhat for the PT ,

Now JJ has to come back & make something to try and fix the mistakes of TLJ & appease the fans so in some ways he's going back full circle......

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You don't have to repeat this "fix TLJ's mistakes" comment in every thread.

17. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    JJ isn’t “fixing” anything. He might clarify or recontextualize, but not as a retcon.

ahsokatano713 and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Indeed, Abrams must shout out his gratitude to Rian Johnson on Twitter, but also fix all of Johnson's "mistakes."

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Where Is Black Park??
    Sneak Peek At The Falcon On The Set Of Star Wars: Episode IX
    [​IMG]

There were rumors circulating recently that Star Wars: Episode IX would be filming in Black Park. Photographs were coming in showing what appeared to be a secretive film production with behavior indicating it could be for the last film in the current Star Wars trilogy. A person today has sent over what appears to be the first images of a glimpse of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars: Episode IX. If the photos are what they appear to be the value is that it confirms the “jungle/forest” sets we’ve heard rumors about at Pinewood Studios.

The source of the photos says that the area is covered up now. I’m told that when there is a film set at Black Park there will be a security guard posted and the set is pretty open. This one is different. One person said “The trouble they are going to with the fencing is ridiculous and actually will just attract attention.” If this all checks out, it is hard to argue with the source’s words as it clearly did. It does look like the Falcon is out there at Black Park to me in these photos.

Click here for the full article and more photos at MakingStarWars.net!

I got this off of the Force.net web page.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    JJ didn't need to make up for the PT and he doesn't need to fix TLJ.

ewoksimon likes this.
  21. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Obviously both of those points are debatable (and have been).

22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Most likely of all a non-con as he has less reason to pay any real attention to anything that happened in TLJ (which wasn't much in terms of an episode) save for the most nominal acknowledgements. Far less really than TLJ was forced to pay to TFA and only because of the decision to set it immediately afterwards.

The point is that as a soft reboot/remake/retro reset of the OT the ST is in essence excising the story of said OT and becoming a new "sequel" to the PT.

There will be massive "fixes" as such because JJ is undoubtedly going to do the same to TLJ as TLJ did to TFA and pretty much completely ignore the direction of the previous movie. What doubt can there be that JJ is going to return Rey and Finn to prominence along with Ren? I don't see Finn relegated to minor support character again nor Rey into a support character purely for the benefit of Ren.

2Cleva likes this.
  23. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Imo that would be assuming that TLJ somehow deviated from what JJ thinks should happen.

RJ indicated that he didn’t retcon (well, except for the scar, I guess, but that’s not a substantive change). I believe him.

I think the narrative connective tissue between TFA and TLJ will become clear once 9 comes out. Won’t make me think TLJ was a great movie, but I don’t think the overarching story - well, the Force plot story, at least - will suffer.

24. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    It did almost entirely as JJ's Luke was a Jedi Master while Rey was a co-equal to Ren. Nevermind what he thought of the roles of Leia, Finn, Poe, Hux not to mention Snoke.

Whatever anyone wants to call it the movie tells us the story and the way TFA set things up and the way TLJ followed up they are like two entirely different trilogies that share similar characters and situations that happen to be played by the same actors in both movies.

That IX will be part of JJ's trilogy and tie in with his VII is to be expected.

ChildOfWinds, 11-4D and 2Cleva like this.
  25. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You really think Daisy was lying?

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/rian-johnson-ignored-jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-viii-script

Simon too?

https://www.nme.com/news/film/simon...was-undone-in-star-wars-the-last-jedi-2283162

I find them more credible than Rian on the topic. They have no motivation to deceive.

ChildOfWinds and Qui-Riv-Brid like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.