main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON JJ Abram's new movie

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Even though I was exhausted, we went to see Star Trek tonight. AMAZING!!! You really need to know the original series to get all the refences. There were also a few scenes that reminded me of Star Wars.

Granite hasn't seen very many episodes of TOS, so it was funny talking to his brother about it. Majel Barrett Roddenberry was still the voice of the computer. I'm going to miss her in future movies. The movie was dedicated to her and Gene Roddenberry.

2. jedidougcdn

jedidougcdn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2008
    I'm going to see Trek tonight at the new VIP 19+ cinema in Westmount.

3. Padme-Jones

Padme-Jones Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2009
    I went the the VIP theater to see it tonight. I thought it was quite impressive.

4. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    The movie or the cinema (or both)? I just got in from seeing it and had a great time. And I got to enjoy a cold beer with the movie which was quite nice!

5. TK42Tom

TK42Tom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    I agree, going to miss Majel in future movies, unless they still use her voice for the computer, which would be great.
    I haven't seen the movie yet, I'm almost tempted to wait and see it at this 19+ Adult theatre in London hehe sounds cool.

6. Padme-Jones

May 7, 2009
    Both. I guess we were there at the same time!!! I did not have a beer, but I was pleased to know I could have if I wanted to.

I was driving... :(

7. TK42Tom

TK42Tom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    That kind of puuts a damper on drinking. Do they come and ask you for you order during the movie?

8. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    We don't drink here, but it would be nice to see what this VIP theatre is like.

9. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    No, they only take food and beverages order up until the movie starts.

I doubt I'll be ordering beer or mixed drinks every time I go to the movies. It was more of a novelty thing. But it was fun. Beer and popcorn. Mmmmmmm.....

10. Padme-Jones

May 7, 2009
    The seats and spacing was enough for me. I also enjoyed that I could pick out my seats before the movie started. And now sitting in the front row is not all that bad. Full out lazy boy recliners.

11. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    The rest of the theatre is nice too, we went there last night. The seats recline a bit, and you can fold up the arm rest between the seats.

12. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    My wife and I were in London England just over a week ago and saw a preview showing of Star Trek at a 19 plus theatre. I loved being able to have a beer with my popcorn and I loved the movie :)

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Did anyone see the Tribble?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.