main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Jocasta Nu's Coffee House: For All Your OOC Discussion Needs!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, May 10, 2010.

1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    [image=http://abookwithoutacover.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/coffee_morning.jpg]

Welcome, boys and girls, to the new and improved Jocasta Nu's Coffee House!

As part of the RPF Social Threads Revamp Initiative, Jocasta Nu's has been extensively remodeled and revamped to be our new OOC Discussion Thread. In addition to our cozy couches, beanbags and comfy atmosphere, we now have several brand-new state-of-the-art holoprojectors lining the walls for everyone to use. Now you can watch events unfold in your favourite games from the comfort of the Coffee House.

We also offer a full menu of food and beverages. Just flag down one of our staff when you're ready to order.

There are only three rules: talk about games, play nice, and have fun!

Please note that [u]only talk pertaining to games[/u] is allowed in this thread. For general socializing fun, please visit [link=http://boards.theforce.net/r/b10757/30855387]Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar and Grille[/link].

Also note that people might be talking about several different games at once in here. This is normal and is allowed! Jocasta's is big enough to handle people talking across each other about multiple games. Any attempts to 'shut down' discussion on other games and stake out Jocasta's as an 'exclusive' discussion thread for a particular game will be frowned upon.

Enjoy, people. :D

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Not sure I really understand, but I'll kick things off!

Had a big fat chat last night, and the cast of Imperial Center seems to be rounding itself out nicely. Jello has taken on the role of Selnia Harbright, a senator newly elected to replace her father, who has passed away and left the venerable House Harbright rudderless. BLemelisk will play the later Senator Harbright's brother, who has acquired a position in the ISB. NickLitYouAFlame is interested in taking on the role of Selnia's older brother, a boozer, a playboy, and all around political liability.

On the other side, we have Peng as an aging former bounty-hunter trying to go legit, father to Jabba-Wocky's character, who must shield his younger sibling, played by spycoder, from the truth of his parents' profession.

This is turning out rather nicely, I must say...

3. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    We decided on Dean for his name. What do you think? Age 28, as well.

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Originally wanted to be the brother of Nick?s character, but after some talk, I see that I think I will like being the younger son. Still working out the minor details (AKA name, age, other) :p

5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Good to see that project found it´s players. I really, really loved the take on it. But I had no time to join. Actually I might need to cut my games short, that a running right now. So, I hope it finds it´s excellent cast and becomes something to enjoy lurking. :).

On another hand I think Silent Cities will now bee pushed a bit forward by myself. The players who are in it regularyseem to enjosy it a lot, so thry deserve their GMs full attention. Update later today.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Why is it I enjoy ToF more when everything's going to hell?[face_thinking]

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I like it. I say we start thinking on personal/shared histories, soon, and also about more specifics. What does Dean do, what does Dean own...

8. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    For older memories, most should be of the kids sticking together and being raised by their mother. Daddy was detached and busy. Dean would have been a good older brother to Selnia until he was about 19. Everything went down hill from there. The rest of the memories would be his own, as he left and only came in contact with his family on special occasions.

Possessions: Dean will have a small flat using money he's earned and some that he got as a part of his trust. He still has quite a bit saved away. He is really into ships, so he owns a few airspeeders. He has a full stocked bar in his home. We already spoke about his personal yacht and his body guard. Other than the droid, though, he employs two security.

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    So do I, strangely, even though my character's the one with 1hp. :p

10. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    If all works out we will have our next Max Payne 3 session on Sunday. I must sa I found the "fast reply" and "back and forth" style very rewarding when we tried it the first time. I see why there are whole games working like that.

And SotS will soon see the Beckfris/Jameson showdown! Oh how I look forward to it!

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I might be joining you, because unfortunately it occurs to me that the proper IC thing for Evelios to do if he notices Ragnar is off is to go over and ask if he's feeling okay.[face_worried]

12. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Dooo eeeeet [face_laugh]

On another note: Man Cubs? [face_worried]

13. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Exams finish this week- depending on when I get the last one done (it's a take-home essay). And then I will hopefully have so much free time that I'll be updating more than you lot know what to do with. :p

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Excellent.:D

15. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
  16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Ramza took my one word expression of choice, so I'll default to "Awesome."

17. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    And with my own papers being finished this week, I'll have plenty of time to post when those updates hit :D

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Close one for the team in ToF, there. Lucky Masc got a turn before Ragnar set out on his friendly fire rampage... :D

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That's what I like to hear!

... Wait, didn't I say that over in ToF?:confused:

20. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    . . . flesh eating buddhist zombie monks . . . totally made my day [face_peace]

21. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    That picture scared the crap out of me the first time I scrolled over the update. 8-}

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    For some reason when I saw those Monks I started thinking of that Mortal Combat or some such movie that I saw a few years back, all that came to mind was 'what plane of existance did those things come from!'

At least we know the Change has messed up the natural order of Fung Sway:p

23. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Buddhist Zombie Monks! Dammit, I have not seen this one coming. But somehow. Somehow I think it was there all the time. Something really bad had to be up there!

DAMMIT! And Mortal Combat? I felt somehow reminded of old Silent Hill times. The good old times, where I sat scared over my Playstation and trembled in fear . . .

Well. Zombies. Life for Rufus Jameson hasn´t got easier. *looks at TDO and his horde of them* Well, that of his rivals got even worse :p

24. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Man Cubs update done! I say, I do love these new library threads.

25. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002