main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Jocasta Nu's Coffee House

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Mine is new enough to have good traction control, I've driven it through 5 winters in Maine and eastern Canada already. If you have good snow tires and don't do anything stupid, it works fine.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Happy 4th! [face_flag]

[​IMG]

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Saw this post earlier today at work. Nice car.

Driving home from work, and I get behind a Mustang with the exact same paint job.

What are the odds?

The simulation is real. We are not.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Turns on the cleaning droids.

It's been over a year, and the last post shows Sarge's car. :p

Do people normally do car photo shoots? :p

Kato Sai and Sarge like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    People who customize their cars normally do. We're just weird like that.

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I was just teasing you. @Sarge :p

Sarge likes this.
  7. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    whenever I see the forum list and see the watering hole social thread be bumped I always think:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

every time....without fail :p

Kato Sai and Lady_Belligerent like this.
  8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I just completed my shopping for our family dinner this week. It feels so good to get it done before the people are panicking that it might snow a tiny bit tonight. :p

I’ll be sitting here with my mug of tea watching them.

Dandelo likes this.
  9. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    in the UK we call that the beady eye :p

Kato Sai and Lady_Belligerent like this.
  10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    [face_laugh]

Dandelo likes this.
  11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Please take a moment to read the JCF policy for AI use that is pinned at the top of this board. Thanks guys!

darthbernael likes this.
  12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    When I stop by the Resource forum and see Jocasta Nu’s Coffee House in bold:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  13. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Yasss! Let’s keep it that way.

I’m waiting outside Dutch Bros for a large tea, it’s my new guilty pleasure.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I always kinda felt like the Resource social thread should be where all the OOC chatter about games belonged, which is what Hooper’s mostly is these days.

So if this is the new spot where we just shoot the **** about random stuff, then hey, let’s talk Dutch Bros! :p

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I think of it as the house next door, so no harm in spreading the love.

Are you thinking about joining us in a game?

Also, Dutch Bros is so good. I’ll never go back to Starbucks if I have the choice of DB.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    No time for gaming on my end these days, what with a six month old who seems to loathe sleeping. :p

And I’ve never been a coffee drinker myself, so I can’t comment on the Dutch Bros. vs. Starbucks debate, but I will say the expansion of DB over the past few years has been pretty intense. They’re everywhere now!

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I haven’t had their coffee, but I’m all about their tea.

The little one should get better about sleeping, it’s just killer on the parents until that happens.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    It has absolutely been the most challenging part of parenting thus far, and the biggest adjustment I’ve had to make. We’ve been very fortunate that that’s been our biggest challenge, because he’s the perfect kid otherwise. I always have to try and keep that perspective during the sleepless nights. It could be so much worse, and is for so many parents and children out there.

But I wouldn’t wish a teething baby on my worst enemy. :p It’s hit him hard, but thankfully seems to be doing better now that the bottom front two have erupted.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Don’t discount the value of infant Tylenol for that teething pain. It’s so horrible and I end up crying along with them.

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    This made me decide to rewatch Ace Ventura! Thanks. :)

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  21. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Believe it or not, I’ve never seen Ace Ventura! :p

Yes, we do use infant Tylenol almost every night and it’s been a godsend for when he gets really upset. There was a stretch there for a few weeks where we had to load him up in the car any time between midnight and 3am every single night to get him to calm down and go to sleep, but thankfully that phase seems to have passed for now. We haven’t had to do it in a while, knock on wood.

On a related note, Taylor Swift’s Midnights album is a solid listen for those late night drives. :p

Lady_Belligerent and Kato Sai like this.
  22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I gravitate to show tunes, so my little ones could belt out many Broadway hits by the time they were speaking. :p

Reynar_Tedros, Kato Sai and Sarge like this.
  23. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    With all the Bluey we watch, I half expect him to have an Australian accent when he starts talking. :p

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Okay, I have to admit… I’m an adult Bluey fan. There are groups dedicated to adults, where you report in if you found the “long dog” or tennis ball in each episode. It’s darned clever! I might know a few other adult fans. :p @Sinrebirth lol

25. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Wait… each episode has an Easter egg to look for? :eek: I’ve definitely become an adult Bluey fan myself. It’s such a fantastic show. Although I am hoping for a flashback episode where Bluey is a newborn and Bandit and Chili can’t get her to stop crying in the middle of the night. Just to make it a bit more relatable. :p We’re a little over halfway through the first season (yes, I am watching the episodes in order and doing my best to pay attention as if it was a prestige drama, what about it), and Magic Claw, Sticky Gecko, and Grannies are probably my top three episodes so far. So good!

Last edited: May 23, 2023