main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    The single and willing to mingle thing being confirmed may also open the door for FinnJannah becoming a possibility. No one seemed to consider that as a possibility despite a ton of time together near the end in large part because for a little while there people thought they could be siblings.

2. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I don’t consider that a possibility because they most likely *are* siblings.

Funny how folk think that Finn spending time with Rose suggests romance, and spending time with Jannah suggests romance (despite John posing with Naomi on instagram asking “Do you think we look alike?”) but think Finn spending time with Rey suggests nothing.

MGM, rayjefury, wobbits and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’m not ruling out anything. FinnRey odds just went way up with this news for sure.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Remember Poe has a thing for that boba fett character that i do not remember her name. So Poe and Finn will probably remain a bromance.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  5. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    We have no idea who Poe does or doesn’t have feelings for going into or during RoS. And anyways, Zorri - if she is around the same age as Kerri - is much older than Poe.

And frankly, no way in hell would Disney depict a gay relationship between two main characters in a SW movie. They don’t want the movie banned in China, etc.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well JP suggested Poe and Zorri will be hugely shipped after episode 9.

7. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Firstly, I have zero reason to believe JP has seen the movie and knows its story.

Secondly, characters like Captain America and Bucky are hugely shipped. And never had a chance in hell of happening.

I don’t think the level of shipping of two characters has any bearing on how likely they are to actually become a couple.

MGM, alwayslurking and wobbits like this.
  8. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Hmmm...
    Keri Russell is 43
    Oscar Isaac is 40

John Boyega is 27

:oops:

Def Trooper likes this.
  9. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Ah - I was thinking of the casting call for Zorri (40-50) and Poe’s (not Oscar’s) age - 32.

I appreciate the correction, though.

10. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Ah, well I didn’t realize (despite my Poe avatar!) that Poe’s age had been established in canon & that he was that much younger than in real life. Wasn’t aware of the age range for Bliss either.

11. leopardhk47

leopardhk47 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 23, 2016
    Poe's out here robbing cradles lol.

12. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    Well to be fair, Poe is much older than Finn and Kylo is much older than Rey too.
    I'm mot against lgbtq representation but I really hope they don't go the Finn/Poe route. To me it just seems like a convenient way to pander to the Reylo crowd by removing Finn from the equation as a love interest for Rey, especially since he's shown no attraction to Poe. If it wasn't for those two things I wouldn't really have a problem with it.
    Also Finn is 23 in TFA and Poe is 30-plus (don't know his exact age)

MGM and Korv like this.
  13. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I don't really agree with this mostly because Finn met Poe first and there actually is an established friendship there. It doesn't feel like FinnRose, where Rose was specifically made to be Finn's love interest and draw him away from his feelings toward Rey. Finn and Rose felt like it was replacing Finn and Rey's dynamic. Finn and Poe actually have a unique dynamic that has nothing to do with Rey and there is pretty good chemistry.

Also, they could have FinnPoe become canon without Reylo becoming canon. Although, I do agree that Finn hasn't really shown too much attraction to Poe. But still this is a story about fictional people in space so who knows if sexual orientation is even a thing...

14. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Well, we've seen Finn showing concern for Rey throughout the trailer, which is more than he's done for Rose or Poe. I know the line "No one knows me" from Rey has been used to suggest she feels nothing for Finn in a romantic sense...but it occurs to me that on some level she might be afraid that Finn will view her differently depending on what she learns about her parents. Discovering she's a Palpatine and thus related to a man whose empire stole Finn's life and family from him could cause her to try and avoid him for a portion of the film in fear that her worst nightmares could come true.

15. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Finn can't escape Rose's scolding wrath!

[​IMG]
    (From the Resistance Reborn book)

afrojedi, Def Trooper and AhsokaSolo like this.
  16. Artorian_Stormtrooper

Artorian_Stormtrooper Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2019
    Sure is some BS. Years of discipline and Finn has no table manners? Even if he didn't, Rose needs to mind her own business and let him eat. The man is hungry. Damn I can't stand her.

MGM, Sgt. Carver, afrojedi and 4 others like this.
  17. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    All the EU authors are writing Rose as badly as RJ. LF is hopeless.

MGM, rayjefury, Sgt. Carver and 5 others like this.
  18. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Like RJ, they have NO idea how to grow the characters and are thus stuck retreading old ground...at least until the next film comes out. Any significant change to Finn and Rose will likely be reflected in subsequant works.

rayjefury and AhsokaSolo like this.
  19. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Good grief. Seriously?

I keep scrolling up to read the excerpt and scrolling down to respond, but I can't even find words for how I feel about that.

20. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    She seems very motherly to him, not romantic. Even packing his bag screams motherly.

cerealbox and AhsokaSolo like this.
  21. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    They could try to present this as an unhealthy reaction to the death of her sister. Rose is mothering Finn because he's the first connection she made after that tragic expierence...and thus she's not seeing Finn the person...but Finn the dream. The payoff would be that shot on the Star Destroyers where she finally sees the person and not her 'vision' of who he is as he rides possibly to his death.

22. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I just don't see those two as a romantic couple. I get the feeling that Rian Johnson had created Rose as a way to permanently dismiss the idea of a romantic relationship between Finn and Rey . . . at Kathleen Kennedy's bequest.

23. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Actually, I haven't seen anything that, to me, suggests KK wanted RJ to torpedo Finn & Rey. I honestly just think she let him do as he wished and TLJ is the result.

24. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    If Kennedy had allowed Johnson to do as he wish, then chances are she wanted that relationship torpedoed. If she didn't wanted it torpedoed, she would have stop Johnson.

25. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    The sad thing is that that's the only real Rose/Finn interaction out of all of the post-TLJ pre-TROS reading material.

Def Trooper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.