main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
  2. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    He's looking like a dark-skinned version of Taj Jackson.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  3. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    I think he looks really cool with that hair. I'm looking forward to seeing his new outfit, hopefully his new look will really blown me away and give him his own iconic personal vibe to stand out a bit more. If he gets another jacket, I'd hope for it to be less raggedy and something more sleek and stylish.

Also @Roosterq, to further my earlier point, in Battlefront II, while the cross-era references aren't exactly based on canon, such as Leia telling her troops to watch out for Darth Maul (lol) and Vader saying that "the girl [Rey] carries a familiar lightsaber"...

It could be worth noting that one of Finn's voice lines when encountering/near a Dark Force user (Maul or Palpatine) he says, "All of a sudden I feel cold..."

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian and Roosterq like this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So that could be his Episode 9 look, then?

5. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    All we know is that he needs longer hair, can't say if it will be styled like in the picture.

6. Little Ray Sunshine

Little Ray Sunshine Jedi Knight star 2

May 2, 2016
    Do you really think Chewiee would have the time to just set around doing Finn's hair up like that?

7. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    [​IMG]

Of course not, Rey does up Finn's hair via the force. It's part training and part expression of trust between the two.

rorow1 likes this.
  8. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
  9. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    http://www.theforce.net/story/front..._Students_How_To_Train_Like_A_Jedi_181142.asp

Includes a video of John training with the kids....

Damn it John stop taunting us! Either have Finn pick up the lightsaber and the robes for good or move on!

In all seriousness I would laugh my butt off if Finn's hair is a result of him training with Rey. Like Rey and Finn just sat down with the Jedi texts and Leia and figured out as much as they could....Hmm Rey becoming the founder and grandmaster of the new order while Finn takes on the role of 'Battle Master'....

10. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    He looks so cool with that hair...

11. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I really hope this comes to pass, but if not they need to solidify Finn's hero roll in the SW universe.

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I really hope that’s his Episode 9 look. Looks cool.

13. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    If there is a time skip then I can see Finn going to First Order installments with his own crew and liberating the stormtroopers based at each one. Ex-stormtroopers will be promised full amnesty/forgiveness for anything they may have done and be allowed to join the Resistance (or to freely go where they wish). The Resistance has been severely reduced in numbers and I can see them replenishing their forces by taking in masses of FO deserters.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Re: the bold text I could see something like that happening too. On a related note I could see Finn spontaneously saving a stormtrooper or a group of stormtroopers in Act I and then we see that saved stormtrooper convincing some of his fellow stormtroopers to desert later in the film. Seems a little convenient that this one saved stormtrooper would do a 180 on his FO programing and somehow convince his other stormtroopers to join him but on the other hand Finn broke free of his FO programming pretty easily.

Also these stormtroopers were taken initially against their will. Yes they were brainwashed to support the FO but underneath all that brainwashing lies a seemingly good person that was victimized by the FO. I suppose if the brainwashing can be broken then all of a sudden you've got a bunch of heavily armed people willing to fight against the FO.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    godisawesome and RiddleMeThis like this.
  15. RiddleMeThis

Dec 7, 2017
    Yes! I agree with a lot of what you wrote. This is why I do not want to see the FO stormtroopers simply get massacred in the conclusion of the trilogy. No doubt many of them will likely die but I want to see as many as possible get saved because they did not choose to serve the FO. They were, as you said, taken against their will and we know that their programming can be broken free from. Finn could definitely start a chain reaction of liberated stormtroopers freeing others, that could be very effective.

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    And while the stormtroopers aren’t Force sensitive if they broke free of their brainwashing it would be sorta like they were returning to the light.

17. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Really they could go full Soartacus with Finn, maybe even have him wear some customized and repeated Stormtrooper gear for his suit in IX, and just lead a massive army of Stormtroopers against those still loyal to Hux.

The bloody handprint on the helmet would make a pretty good identifying badge.

christophero30 and RiddleMeThis like this.
  18. RiddleMeThis

Dec 7, 2017
    Oh this is perfect. And Finn would be honoring his friend who died in combat.

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Finn was taken from his family and basically given a new identity by the FO. I’m guessing he and the others kidnapped were basically told to forget their family and accept being redefined by the FO.

Sounds pretty similar to Rey, separated from her family, told by a member of the FO to forget the past and redefine herself within the FO.

All that’s to say that a stormtrooper rebellion could be part of a theme about how one should embrace the good parts of ones past and use it to better oneself and the galaxy as a whole. Don’t let others define who you are.

20. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    So presumably Finn will know that Rey tried to turn Kylo. I wonder if we’ll see Finn and Rey discuss that in Ep. 9? Will Finn be understanding or will it be an issue for them? I’d think a former stormtrooper would be understanding.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  21. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    "I'd think a former stormtrooper would be understanding."
    I beg to differ for a plethora of reasons....

Anyone seen John's insta story with him lifting those weights? Dude's got serious gains.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  22. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I definitely like the Finn leading a stormtrooper revolt idea. Finn needs to play a role in Kylo's downfall.

23. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    Ren believing that Finn is no threat to him (or the Resistance) only to realize he was the one who brought down his empire from the inside out is something I'd love to see.

Revanfan1 and christophero30 like this.
  24. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Unfortunately, I think that's gonna fall more to Hux. Since Hux has been with the FO since birth. The FO is his pride and joy. His Father was a leader in it. The stormtrooper program was created by his father, etc.

And the last time he saw Finn, he was captured and about to be executed.

25. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    True, it certainly will, but it's also Kylo's empire now. No reason it can't be a kick in the teeth for both honestly. Both of them had the upper hand on Finn last time they saw each other. It would be super satisfying.

Lulu Mars likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.