main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    And it’s interesting because there is an argument to be made about Finn being justified in wanting to leave both times. In TFA, Rey and BB-8 were pretty much safe (in his mind anyway), so him leaving wasn’t going to hurt them in any way. The second time is a little more dubious, though and I think that was meant to be Finn at one of his lowest points. He gets smacked in the face with all of his previous fears and wants to protect Rey (which in a way is still a form of growth) but it’s misguided and wrong. I actually love that RJ had him backslide in order for him to come out better than ever by the end.

rorow1 and thejediscavenger like this.
  2. thejediscavenger

thejediscavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 13, 2019
    That's how life is. We sometimes have to step back in order to go forward. That's what TLJ was about.

The Deuteragonist likes this.
  3. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Pretty sure it's happening already. For myself if Issac stopped filming at Jordan...does that mean his character dies there possible at Kylo's hands?

4. The Deuteragonist

Jun 25, 2018
    I sincerely hope not. Poe Dameron is awesome. He’s also the leading hope for SW possibly having a gay character. Killing him off would be regressive and terrible.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  5. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    That's not true. Oscar didn't stop filming in Jordan.

6. The Deuteragonist

Jun 25, 2018
    Yeah...where is all of this information coming from?

7. thejediscavenger

thejediscavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 13, 2019
    I think people assume it's because his wife stopped sharing pics. I actually thought he finished last month or something. People were following his hair color lol

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Oscar Isaac's wife killed John Boyega in Jordan!

9. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    So if it's not a picture of our heroes at the end of the Jordan Shoot, could it come at the beginning? Jordan could be where our heroes come together in the film, which might make it the first place, Daisy, John and Issac all reunited to film various scenes together.

10. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    godisawesome likes this.
  11. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Intriguing. I have to imagine that they’d need a good pitch for the series and good idea for it overall, if true.

12. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    If Finn does receive his own spinoff please for the love of god hire black writers and a black showrunner.

13. JustASimplePorg

JustASimplePorg Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2019
    The Adventures of Finn & Rose.

I would laugh so much if this came to be true.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah, Poe and Finn's adventures.

15. JustASimplePorg

JustASimplePorg Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2019
    Seriously, I see John Boyega accepting such tv show, but not Oscar Isaac.

Another site also mentioned there could be spin offs tv shows from Solo, one dedicated to Lando and another to Qi'ra. The first one I wouldn't care about too much, but I thought Qi'ra/Maul/Enfys' storyline had a lot of potential.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Mila Lazarus likes this.
  16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    And what would that bring to the party? The only thing Black about Finn is the colour of his skin. There ain't no Africa in the GFFA.

17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

Obviously they had fun last night

18. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    What if Rey doesn't survive this trilogy? Rey and Kylo have been built up as equal opposites, and this is the end of the Skywalker saga....what if the only way to stop the Kylo and the FO...(or a greater threat if that is the way they go) is for Rey to commit 'Mutually Assured Destruction'? Imagine a final scene between Finn and Rey, where they say goodbye (might explain why John was shooting until the very last day) and she goes off, becoming one with the force and saving the day at the cost of her life. That would leave Finn and Poe to pick up the pieces and try to rebuild the galaxy.

If the Mandalorian is about a bounty hunter in the outerrim, then Finn's series would be about a broken hearted Marshall trying to honor the sacrifice of the first friend he ever made by fighting evil and corruption in a galaxy with no strong central government and would be warlords cropping up all over the place. Then again, he might be less a Marshall and more a Knight Errant

The following is from wikipedia:
    A knight-errant typically performed all his deeds in the name of a lady, and invoked her name before performing an exploit.[citation needed] In more sublimated forms of knight-errantry, pure moralist idealism rather than romantic inspiration motivated the knight-errant (as in the case of Sir Galahad). Such a knight might well be outside the structure of feudalism, wandering solely to perform noble exploits (and perhaps to find a lord to give his service to), but might also be in service to a king or lord, traveling either in pursuit of a specific duty that his overlord charged him with, or to put down evildoers in general. This quest sends a knight on adventures much like the ones of a knight in search of them, as he happens on the same marvels. In The Faerie Queene, St. George is sent to rescue Una's parents' kingdom from a dragon, and Guyon has no such quest, but both knights encounter perils and adventures.

In the romances, his adventures frequently included greater foes than other knights, including giants, enchantresses, or dragons. They may also gain help that is out of ordinary. Sir Ywain assisted a lion against a serpent, and was thereafter accompanied by it, becoming the Knight of the Lion. Other knights-errant have been assisted by wild men of the woods, as in Valentine and Orson, or, like Guillaume de Palerme, by wolves that were, in fact, enchanted princes.

Just a thought.

19. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    I highly doubt they'll kill off Rey... Who would build a new Jedi order, if not Rey?

20. The Deuteragonist

Jun 25, 2018
    Coming from someone who has been practically begging for a Finn-Poe series...I doubt this is real. It’s way too early to announce it and this is the only source of information that seems to be available for it.

A Finn-Poe series could definitely work, but I’m almost 99% sure that Oscar Isaac is not going to do it. He’s a very busy actor. John Boyega is busy as well but Finn is his most iconic character so I could see him being down.

Honestly, if there is a Finn-Poe series or any post-ST series, it’s most likely going to be animated.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  21. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    And suppose it has more to do with something you will never understand.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    There's nothing to understand. The GFFA is exactly that - A Galaxy far, far, away, totally unconnected with the social, political and cultural machinations of this planet.Your statement is controversial to say the least.

23. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    That's not how fan's have twisted it to mean, but canon material repeatedly shows and clearly says repeatedly, every sentient being could consciously connect to the force, but obviously some are more naturally attuned than others. The idea of force ability being something that is inherited, or exclusive to an extreme few is not supported by even the restricted material in the movies. It's an extreme few who have learned how to consciously connect, but not exclusive to them. Obviously Finn doesn't understand the force, but that doesn't mean he can not learn to connect with it.

24. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Even if it takes place in a fictional landscape, that doesn't mean the way that non-white characters are written exists in a vacuum. Star Wars has huge cultural capital and influence in our world: you only have to look at all the women who cite Leia as a formative character to understand how media role models matter. And I don't think Finn - who has been tazered, who has been ridiculed, who has been sidelined - has been the character that black audiences hoped for. We can't say for sure that black writers/showrunner would change that, but I suspect they'd make sure he's treated with a good deal more respect and nuance as opposed to the butt of the joke.

25. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    That's like saying that every car can top 200 mph, when in reality only a few can. It was made quite clear that to properly connect to the Force, and more importantly, do something useful with it, you had to have a certain midi-chlorian count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.