main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. count duku

count duku Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2015
    Becuase its rumors

Jedi MD likes this.
  2. Jedi MD

Jedi MD Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Finn has been getting plenty of juicy reveals this past week. This pleases me:) I don't see the why there is so much resistance with Finn having the force. Its quite obvious from the way they are marketed that they are equally important and the force awakens in both of them. There is plenty of force to go around.

3. That Real Hope

That Real Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 14, 2015
    Or he could just be used and end up being the one who wanted to have the force but was not worthy enough.

Ie a loser.

Let's hope not but I have my fears and this is Disney

Sent from my E2105 using Tapatalk

4. Jedi MD

Sep 27, 2015
    I heard that George Lucas pushed for John to get the job. Doubt he would give a blessing if they were going to neuter John. Remember, this is a guy that financed Red Tails on his own to throw up a middle finger to Hollywood. He was tired of POC being excluded from hero roles. I think George of all people would be pleased to have John as a lead and having the force.

Please don't ban me for saying this Chorus:)

5. count duku

count duku Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2015
  6. Thequeb5

Thequeb5 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2015

there have been plenty of good post today for revolving around Finns force or non force ability without a hint of the stuff you have just posted. you can look at all of my past post and figure out that I am of the mindset that Finn is a force user. However this pattern of thought process does Finn (John Boyega ) a disservice. All you have done is provided an opening to send this tread down the rabbit whole.

7. Jedi MD

Sep 27, 2015
    Alright I'll shut up. I don't want to get banned again.

8. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    George Lucas himself said he and Disney parted ways at the story/script stage, which was well before any casting started. John got the part because he impressed JJ Abrams, not Lucas.

9. Jedi MD

Sep 27, 2015
    Its only something I heard. I guess I phrased it wrong. George liked what he saw and advocated for John. I also read that JJ had to do some convincing as well. I didn't mean anything bad by it. I think John was the most talented guy for the job. It will be obvious with his performance.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Doesnt George still have Disney Stock.

11. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I really respected George's decision to finance Red Trails. Unfortunately, the film was so bad, that it probably did more harm than good in terms of helping make studios comfortable with films that have multiple POC leads.

12. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    That is the annoying thing though mostly black movie or something fails Hollywood says no more of that. Somebody like Ryan Reynolds flops time and time again and they will still give him lead rolls. Its annoying.

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I suppose that you have links for that? I have never seen anything like that mentioned anywhere and I wouldn't want anyone to be able to accuse you of stirring that pot again.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  14. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

I believe that rumor came from spoilerbros.

15. Jedi MD

Sep 27, 2015
    Yeah, I really wanted to like it. I really tried but I just couldn't get into it. A little too hokey for me. But I see what he was trying to accomplish and I do think he had some role to play in the casting.

16. Jedi MD

Sep 27, 2015
    Yeah it was spoilerman. I remember now.

17. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Link please? You are making excuses as to why JB may have been cast that are other than "He won the job based on his talent.". That is asinine.

18. Jedi MD

Sep 27, 2015
    No I wasn't, you are putting words in my mouth. I would never say such a thing. I meant it as there were forces behind the scenes that didnt want John casted for "reasons" even though he was the most talented and Lucas advocated for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    You don't know that. You are regurgitating unsubstantiated rumors.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  20. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Why is it this thread that always has these kind of arguments ? You don't see people going onto the Daisy Ridley or Oscar isaaac thread saying she/he got the job for reasons other than their talent, or that she can't be force sensitive cause it ruins something else, or bla bla bla arguments that make me grumpy.

21. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I dont think Jedi MD is saying John got the job because of Race, I think he is saying some Disney Execs didnt want to give him the job because of that even though he was the most talented actor.

22. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Which is him regurgitating unsubstantiated crap, for what reason? There is nothing anywhere other than hearsay from people who are trying to put a question mark into the casting that would substantiate that rumor on any level. He is repeating a rumor that has no real basis whatsoever for no reason other than to help perpetuate it.

23. Skywalked

Skywalked Jedi Padawan star 2

May 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

reminds me a lot of this too.

24. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I think it's because they want nothing but SkySolos to be up front and special. Him being force-sensitive means that there is one less spot for a SkySolo to inhabit, so these folks cry foul by 'reasoning away' any sign or implication of him being force-sensitive.

There was that dark-skinned woman Han married in that comic, if that is still holding up. Maybe Finn is actually Rey's half brother, a Solo but not a SkySolo. It could be why that pirate lady is going on about the eyes of one of them being familiar, it might be how they inherited Han's eyes.

FN-2187 and jjgriffin like this.
  25. Jedi MD

Sep 27, 2015
    Calm down dude, this whole site runs on rumor. I heard it, just like all the other crap that gets regurgitated in this thread. You are making the comment into something it wasn't meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

count duku likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.