main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

John Williams and the music of Episode IV

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: No Spoilers Allowed' started by HL&S , Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Will John Williams provide the music for Episode IV? He's in his mid 70's now and I'm not sure how much longer he has before retirement. If not Williams, who would you want to take over? James Horner? He's young enough to continue if there are more Episodes past IV. He did okay with Star Trek II. Though the movie could turn into a Shostakovich fest.

If Williams does score Episode IV, what do you think the music will be like? I'm hoping for a theme for Luke. Williams played some beautiful music while Leia was sent to Alderaan, maybe he could develope that into a theme for her.

2. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I'm sick of that imperial march thing already. I think they should ditch that altogether for a movie and go with something more like ... dah, dah dah!!! when a bad guy comes in.

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Duckie's got a point. The IM has been overused.

Also, maybe we'll see the opening titles theme be used more? I loved it how Williams used it for R2 in the opening scenes of ROTS, but so far that's the only time it has been used in the films. I'm hoping it'll be used more.

4. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I hope they reuse the Force Theme cue from the end of ROTS. And with another sunset!!! Or was it a sunrise?

5. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    I heard that Lucas was considering either Patrick Doyl or Howard Shore to do the music, to give the two trilogies their own distinct 'feel'.

6. DarthPlageius

DarthPlageius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Hopefully Williams doesn't do it. He's really sucking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.