main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Journal of Mark Tantiss: (2012 Diary Challenge: AU, OC, L/M) COMPLETE with fanart

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    She just smiled and said, ?You?re family.? She didn?t need to say more. I feel the same way.

Awww!!![face_love]

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very sweet of them to consider each other family. :)

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Mara said some of these stories she?s told nobody else...not even Luke. I asked her why she told me. She just smiled and said, ?You?re family.? She didn?t need to say more. I feel the same way.

That made me smile :)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    #19-enjoyed Mark's reflections here on working with Karrde and Mara.

#20-LOL! Guess he was right about the beard since it made Mara more comfortable around him. Awwwww! He's her confidante, first time she's ever had one I think.

Luke will make a great one, but their relationship is primed to be more than just like VBFs [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks everybody for reading and commenting. As soon as I get caught up to Second to None then the posts should slow down and it should be unique material. That is why I am trying to move through this part as quickly as possible.

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 21. Wild Karrde

Something horrible happened today. I was in the lounge with Mara and the rest of the crew when I heard a loud voice ringing in my head. It said ?Emperor?s Hand return to me!?

I didn?t know what was going on so I pulled my blaster and started to look for the source of the voice. Chin, Aves and Karrde must have not heard anything because they act like I had gone nuts and are screaming for me to put the blaster down.

I ask Mara if she heard the voice. When she didn?t respond I looked over to her and my blood froze in my veins. She was shaking and had a look of horror on her face. When I saw her, the words start to mean something. Emperor?s Hand?that was Mara?s title. I pull her into my arms and ask her what was happening. She tells me it was Emperor Palpatine?he?s back.

Entry 22. Wild Karrde

Mara is resting. Aves and Karrde think she went into shock when she heard the Emperor?s voice in her head. I think I heard Palpatine through Mara because of our Force bond. I could also feel her shock and panic. She?s scared and that terrifies me. Mara?s a trained assassin and strong in the Force, for Palpatine to scare her?he must be a monster.

Monster or not, he signed his own death warrant when me messed with Mara. I have sworn to kill him. I talked to Karrde about this and he is just as upset. We?re coming up with a plan to take on the Sith Lord. We need to pick up some ysalamiri?which Karrde says blocks the Force?and we need to find Skywalker. Luke will know what to do about Palpatine.

6. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    [face_worried] DUN DUN DUN DUH! He's BA-ACk! Poor Mara; at least Mark's there to comfort her.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Why can't these villains just stay dead?

I totally understand Mara going into shock after hearing that voice.

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Because: this is Star Wars.

Poor Mara though. Great update.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Entry #21 - :eek: and #22 oh yes Mark is in protective big brother mode [face_dancing]

;)

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Mark is such a great "big" brother. :) Nice to see his thoughts in all this. I liked his comment about having to draw Mara a map and "insert tab A into slot B." [face_laugh]

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks everybody for your comments. I never liked the Palpatine is back plotlines. I would think other Sith could show up and terrorize the universe. Mark is Mara's big brother and he loves her like a sister. I think if Mara had a relationship like this in the profics she wouldn't have been so cranky in the novels.

Thanks again for reading!

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 23. Wild Karrde

We took a short stop to Myrkr and captured six ysalamiri. It is strange being around them. I didn?t realize how much the Force is a part of me. When I got into the creature?s Force bubble it was like I lost one of my senses. It was a very unsettling feeling at first. I don?t mind it though because now I know what Karrde, Aves and Chin experience every day.

We started looking for Luke and found out there is fighting on Coruscant and the ship Luke was commanding crashed. I am glad I have the ysalamiri because I think if I had to feel what Mara was experiencing my heart would break. It?s bad enough seeing the look on her face. She loves Luke?I don?t know if she ever told him that, but I am sure she loves him. I have to find him for her.

Entry 24 . Coruscant

We found Luke on Coruscant, but he scared me...Mara?s also frightened. Something?s wrong with him.

We followed the Millennium Falcon down to the planet?s surface in our shuttle. The fighting was incredibly fierce. The Imperials are actually fighting against each other?Moff against Moff. They are struggling over the control of the remaining Imperial Forces. I guess they thought whichever Moff controlled Coruscant would be in a better position to declare himself the Supreme Commander.

We get there and we?re thrilled to learn Luke survived, but when I saw him my happiness turned to dread. He felt wrong in the Force and he acted strange. He was dressed head-to-toe with black leather and he had a cape. Who the hell wears a cape? I have seen holos of Darth Vader and he looked just like him?minus the creepy mask.

Luke was acting totally out of character...in-other-words, he was a complete jerk. He was demanding, curt, and almost threatening towards the Solos and to us. Mara took one look at him and then pulled me back to the shuttle. I was shocked because I thought she was going to ditch him...which would be a little extreme, I mean?the cape isn?t that bad. Fortunately, I was wrong, she wasn?t going to leave him; Mara was going to save him. She was certain Emperor Palpatine was somehow influencing Luke and she had a plan to bring the Jedi back. It was a strategy she used when Luke was under the sway of C?baoth.

We had brought with us one of the ysalamiri?my favorite that I named Nibbles. Mara told me to hide the ysalamiri on me and then call out to Luke. Luke would see me and automatically shield because of the Force backlash. With him shielding he shouldn?t be able to sense my intentions. I therefore should be able to get him into the Force bubble and hopefully talk him into returning with us.

The plan worked, but I threw in a slight variation. I got Luke into the Force bubble and then stunned his leather-clad butt with my blaster. I?m not much of a talker. Mara and Leia were really irritated with me, but they forgave me once I got Luke into the shuttle and off planet.

I tossed Luke in Mara?s cabin. He was out cold. We put Nibbles in her cage and placed it next to Luke so Palpatine couldn?t reestablish control over him?if that was what actually was happening. Mara said she wanted to be with Skywalker alone. I didn?t like the idea. What if Luke did go over to the darkside? She would be in danger. But there is no arguing with Mara. I told her I would be outside in the lounge if she needed me. She did ask me to bring to her my outgrown clothing for Luke?I guess she didn?t like the cape either.

I sat out there for a very long time. Eventually Mara?s cabin door flew open and she tossed out Luke?s leather clothing telling me to shoo

12. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    I got Luke into the Force bubble and then stunned his leather-clad butt with my blaster. I?m not much of a talker.

LOL!

Oh boy, those two found a strange time to finally consummate their relationship. Maybe Mara did like the cape and leather pants after all. Or maybe she really liked Luke without pants. For some reason, I think it is the latter.

Oh yeah, it's the latter!;)

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm betting on the latter too. =P~

14. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Maybe she liked him without the pants AND with the cape. [face_mischief]

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL!!! I think Mark's right. Mara did like those leather pants, maybe just a lil' bit. He can put them on for their anniversary. ;)

And I like Mark's thoughts on the Force. He needs training!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yesness for Mark and Nibbles and for Mara. ;)

They really pulled out a great rescue there.

Oh boy, those two found a strange time to finally consummate their relationship. Maybe Mara did like the cape and leather pants after all. Or maybe she really liked Luke without pants. For some reason, I think it is the latter. Either way, I?m glad those two have finally come together.

Oh, JL!!! :* :* [face_dancing]

P.S.: Whew! Went through some serious changes in the SJRS reading yours and JM's exchange(s) about "Conviction". :eek: Major league relief :p No icky, weird plot twisties in the love interest department for Luke :rolleyes:

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Maybe Mara did like the cape and leather pants after all. Or maybe she really liked Luke without pants

I'm going with the latter answer :p

Great update

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe she liked him without the pants AND with the cape.

How come when I picture Luke wearing his boxer-briefs and a cape he is always saying "I'm Batman." It must be that Batman urban legend that went around my school years ago.

Thanks everybody for reading. I also think Mara likes Luke much better in the boxer-briefs than the leather codpiece and cape. Although maybe they should keep the outfit so they could play dress up like in my fic Master. ;)

This next post isn't very romantic. I have to put in some boring parts in case some people are reading this without reading Second to None. I don't want them to be totally lost.

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 25. Wild Karrde

Well, it?s official Luke and Mara finally did the deed. They didn?t come out and confess to everybody, but that grin on Luke?s face told the whole story. They finally stopped denying how they feel about each other. I?m happy. They?re like my parents and every kid wants his family to be together.

Entry 26 . Pinnacle Base

We followed the Solos to Pinnacle Base where the Rebel Alliance leadership set up headquarters. We discover huge super weapons called World Devastators are decimating the population on Mon Calamari. They seem to be controlled by a tight Hypercom signal from the Galactic core. It appears the Emperor might be controlling his Forces from his Throne World of Byss. Mara has been there once with the Emperor when she was a teenager. She says it is heavily guarded. Solo thinks he can get us in. We hope to insert a virus into the command signal to disable the World Devastators and then kill Palpatine. Han thinks it will be in and out and nobody gets hurt. I think we?re all going to get killed. But Mara and Luke are going, so I?m going. I can?t let those two have all the fun.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL on the Batman comment ;)

Ah! So I see Mark is not a hopeless optimist like Luke [face_laugh] - another difference, that and the beard :p

And he's taller [face_laugh]

20. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    LOL. Batman![face_laugh]

I think that'd be the only Skywalker trait Mara stamped out of him.:p

Ooh. Sounds like soon we're going to meet Han's witchy ex-girlfriend.

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ba-na-na-na-BATMAN!

Lol. Luke's face tells all.

Mark should cheer up. He isn't going to get killed. He's going to find a hot cook to kriff ;)

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    They didn?t come out and confess to everybody, but that grin on Luke?s face told the whole story.

Hehehe! That's our Farmboy. [face_love]

No, mark definitely can't have them have all the fun. :p

23. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    If Luke and Mara are like Mark's parents he should be like "eeewwww, what are you doing?!". But their whole relationship is not common, so maybe... :D

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, I can see your point, but I think the situation is different because Mark is an adult and he knows for those two to get together and stay together they will have to be more than friends.

Mark is in a different situation with Mara because they consider themselves family. I realize that Mark has some flash training that probably is compelling him to latch on to people, but Mara...I really think she wants to be part of a family. She has been alone for so long and to have a man come into her life that doesn't have any hidden agenda has to be refreshing. Mark is not being nice to her to get into her pants, he doesn't want to pressure to become a Jedi (that is one reason in the profics that Mara seems to avoid Luke), and he will do anything for her. It has to be nice to know somebody's got your back. She has that in Luke but Mara is not stupid. She knows relationships can go south and there is no guarantee that her and Luke's love will last forever (okay we know it, but those two haven't had that Force bonding, so they are not sure where the relationship is going to go). So Mark may be a constant in her life. At least that is what I hope the reader is getting from this story.

Thanks everybody for reading and commenting. I am almost caught up with the story now. Ginchy has the second to last chapter to Second to None to beta. After the story ends you will pick up the tale from Mark's point of view in the diary.

Thanks again!

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 27. The planet Khomm

Tomorrow we enter the den of the Sith, so today we?re all at a hotel on Khomm enjoying possibly our last night together.

It was a little awkward at first. Han?s smuggling contact turned out to be an ex-girlfriend named Salla. She yelled at Han about him dumping her. Damn, I would have ditched her also, she?s scary. After dating her I guess Han decided to go with somebody completely different, you know beautiful, charming, and not scary crazy?which is the Princess. Chin had it right when he told Han, ?You really dodged a blaster bolt when you left that one.? Ha! I thought Chin?s comment was funny, but Han wasn?t amused.

Karrde, Chin and Aves had a few drinks after Salla left. I didn?t dare drink; instead I went to my hotel room to get some sleep. I haven?t got much sleep though. Mara and Luke are in a room down the hall and I can sense Mara?s intense pleasure reverberating through the Force. I wish I didn?t leave the ysalamiri on the ship. After enduring hours of their?let us say?overly enthusiastic playfulness I wish I could put all the cages around my bed so I could get some sleep. I think we both need to learn to shield better.

Entry 28. Millennium Falcon

I just found out that Leia is going back with Chin to the Wild Karrde. Han said she is expecting their third child. Leia left reluctantly. Han?s right, in my opinion, why risk the life of a child? Anyway, that is one less Force-user to help us. Hopefully we can pull this off without Leia. This might be my last entry. I hope it isn?t, but I?m not stupid. This is a suicide mission.

Han brags to me how easy it was to break his wife out of the Death Star. Luke tells me about sneaking onto a Star Destroyer and Mara points out their infiltration of Mount Tantiss. I just have a hard time believing the Imperial security is that shoddy. How in the worlds did Palpatine take over the galaxy with such inept soldiers?

I just hope they're right.

I am going to leave this datapad on the Falcon. I told Luke?s Artoo unit the password and told him to tell Mara or Luke where it is if I don?t come back.

There are a few last words I would like to say, just in case I don?t survive.

To Mara?thank you for everything you have done for me. You truly are my sister and I love you. You are a good per

25. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Those last remarks are very touching!