main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Force Collector

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 4, 2019.

1. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    He does look a bit like Mark Hamill. Same distinctively pouty lips he has.

2. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm betting this kid has no relation to anyone and his role will be discovering a new jedi temple where rey and her future students will settle.

3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

so Rey has a twin brother... who is a scavenger with the Force too and has some years advantage on her regarding figuring stuff out and finding the Force within him?
    I can see it now... EpiIX will have a scene where Rey concludes: "I am the Choosen One!" and Force Ghosts are like "No there is another... Sky... Sky... Skywalker!"
    And out of nowhere he appears, having battled Palpatine all this time while Rey and Kylo played with nobody Snoke.
    Wait... where have I seen that before? Sounds like One Canon's explanation for where Jaina, etc. and Ben Skywalker are during the ST.

Given this one is before TFA, he might encounter another collector and Relichunter, Lor San Tekka. Did he give him the map and intel on where to find Luke? Is he our missing link in Lor San's hunt?

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope Lor San Tekka shows up (part of the reason it's pre-TFA) in an adventure where they bond together via their shared love of Jedi lore.

Through it we can get some insight into Tekkas past relationship with Luke Skywalker and Ben Solo.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    chrcharcor2 likes this.
  5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Those look like the training remote Obi Wan and Luke used in ANH as well as a possible lightsaber that the kid's carrying.

6. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    That's what i think too. Any idea what the black and white thing is behind the Remote? Macrobinocs maybe?

also i think theres a Holocron peeking out from under the backpack flap. and there are two actual paper books in his shoulder bag, one blue and one red.

I feel like i've seen that lightsaber before but i cant place it

7. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    The lightsaber (if it is indeed a lightsaber) DOES look familiar and I swear I've seen it somewhere else fairly recently.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Is it from the new game...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAvengerButton likes this.
  9. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    I was thinking it came from Jedi Fallen Order but that character's lightsaber has a tuning fork motif. This one looks more petal-like. But it could just be the angle.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Unless the guy is seriously moisturising, then no, can't be from Fallen Order, looks too young.

11. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Well well, maybe this guy not only met Lor San and gave him the map... but also brought a lightsaber to Maz Castle.. not the one seen on the cover though ;) just saying...
    And to complete the collection, he also had a nice dark helmet but must have lost that one along his life to Kylo Ren hehe.

PS: For completisms sake, add an obsidian ring with stone from Mustafar to the lot. I know a guy who might want it. He even takes golden bathrobes if you got those too!

12. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    We were talking about the lightsaber, not the character.

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You expect me to miss an opportunity for a joke? Really?

14. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Look, I don't know. I'm out scavenging on Jakku and you're tearing it up with the Hosnian elite.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hosnia? Dear me, like I'd be seen anywhere near that place. Have you seen their hats? Simply ghastly.

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    This is the book I'm most intrigued by.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    *Maz brings out Luke's lightsaber*
    "Where'd you get that?"
    "A good question! For another time!"

* see the Young Adult novel Force Collector

(Apparently Maz just got it, like, that afternoon and stuffed it in the basement)

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I feel like that's... something they would actually do.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Bet Maz just liked the fancy box and never bothered to check what is inside :p Like a collector who has too many things and can't use/read them all.

Or she bought it despite not even wanting it just to have something new and shiny because she was dissappointed that fancy dark helmet she actually wanted was sold already to a higher bidder...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    not saying it's a given but possible since Episode IX has a whole lotta narrative real estate and "Where Maz got the saber in her basement" doesn't seem like the most relevant question to answer and this is called Force Collector and set before Force Awakens so you never know. The "Just before" line does imply if the character does find Luke's saber it would be a real quick like transition to when Rey found it.

21. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://ew.com/books/2019/10/05/star-wars-force-collector-excerpt-exclusive/
    When he opened his mind’s eye, Karr noticed he was still on the ship. Was the vision not working? Normally it transported him to a different time and place, but he was still beside the holochess table.

Suddenly, a blue lightsaber sliced through the air, erasing any doubt in his abilities. Whatever the orb had witnessed, it had witnessed it on that very freighter. Karr tried to focus on the face of the person wielding the lightsaber, but his talents weren’t that honed yet. Was it a Jedi?

“Now that you’re comfortable holding the lightsaber,” he heard someone say, “why don’t we move on to technique?” Something about the voice pinged in Karr’s head. He knew it from somewhere but just couldn’t place it. Karr followed the voice until it led him to a different figure. He couldn’t see that one’s face, either, but the man was wearing a flowing robe. Now that, Karr thought, was definitely a Jedi.

“You’re not going to make me fight you, are you?” said the person waving the lightsaber.

The man in the robe laughed. “No. But we should work on your connection to the Force.”

A nearby golden blur—a droid, maybe?—asked, “May I be of any assistance, Master Kenobi?”

Master Kenobi? Karr did a mental double take. No wonder the voice sounded familiar. It was the same Jedi he had seen in his earlier vision.

Kenobi responded, “No, Threepio. Young Skywalker here must do this on his own.”

Skywalker, too! This was too much of a coincidence. They must have been two very important Jedi to come up twice in his visions. And to think they once stood on the very spot Karr was standing. Although much earlier, he imagined, since Kenobi seemed to be training Skywalker and he had not yet become the General Skywalker of the Clone Wars vision.

Karr watched as Kenobi crossed to something that had caught his eye. He pulled from a compartment the very orb Karr was holding. For a moment, Karr felt he was sharing something with the Jedi Master. Not just the vision. Not just a lesson. But a connection.

“Try and defend yourself against this,” Kenobi suggested.

“What if I can’t?”

“The bigger question is, What if you can? Besides, it’s a training remote. It is equipped with nonlethal blasters specifically for those who wish to practice. I’m guessing our pilot handles that blaster better than we imagine.”

“Unless this belongs to the Wookiee,” Skywalker joked.

Kenobi smiled as he tossed the remote into the air. “Focus.”

Skywalker faced off against the target as it hissed and darted across the room. With each dodge and swing, Karr couldn’t help copying the Jedi in training, almost as if he was waiting his turn.

Until something stopped them both.

Kenobi reached for his chest and looked for a place to sit down. Skywalker retracted the lightsaber.

“Are you all right? What’s wrong?”

“I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.”

Then, just like those voices, Karr’s vision was silenced.

When his eyes were working correctly again, he saw that RZ-7 must’ve gotten a few more lights on. The room was brighter, and tiny rows of secondary indicator lights blinked softly on standby. His head was splitting, but he didn’t care—not at all. He grinned from ear to ear.

Maize stood above him. She smirked and put one hand on her hip. “You look pretty happy for a guy who just fell and hit his head.”

“I hit my head?”

“On the seat,” she said, cocking her head toward the bench.

He climbed to his feet. “I didn’t feel it. How long was I out?”

His droid supplied, “Nine point zero two seconds. Approximately.”

“Worse than my reaction at Sconto’s, but definitely worth it,” Karr said.

“If you say so,” Maize said skeptically. Satisfied that he wasn’t going to die or anything, Maize slid onto the bench seat and put her feet up on the rounded table between them. It was bolted to the floor. Her boot heels scraped the top, but it didn’t wobble.

“The first time I fainted, I was out for ages. My parents thought I was dead.”

RZ-7 backed him up. “You’re on a strong upward trajectory, sir. You’ve emerged from your trance after nine seconds with a smile. This is your most successful vision to date! Assuming that your head doesn’t explode within the next hour.”

“I don’t think it’s actually going to explode. It just . . . kind of feels like it.” He rubbed at his temple and tried not to groan.

“Was it worth it? What did you see? Did you get anything new?”

He flung himself onto the seat beside her. “Totally worth it! I got those names again. The same ones as before.”

“Skyhopper or something?”

“Skywalker,” he corrected her with an eye roll. “And Kenobi. But it was earlier.”

She asked, “What do you mean?”

“Skywalker wasn’t any kind of a general in this vision. And he didn’t seem to know much of anything about the Force. He was . . . training. Like me, in a way. Only he had a true mentor. A real Jedi to show him the way.”

Maize could see Karr’s spirits dampening. “Maybe,” she added. “But you know what he didn’t have? A cool friend helping him find what he needs by flying him around the galaxy.”

Karr smiled. “That’s true.”

“And you’ll get there. Just give it time. We’ve really only just started if you think about it.”

Karr realized Maize had a point. If that same struggling Skywalker went on to become a Jedi who could pull ships from the sky using only the Force, then maybe there was hope for Karr yet.

Dawud786 likes this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

23. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    This deal is getting better all the time.:D Very much looking forward to this.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yup. But not arriving for a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk