main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Resistance Reborn

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 4, 2019.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    https://www.starwars.com/news/journey-to-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-publishing-program
    Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Resistance Reborn

Publisher: Del Rey
    Author: Rebecca Roanhorse
    Format: Adult novel
    Description: In this Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker novel, Poe Dameron, General Leia Organa, Rey, and Finn must struggle to rebuild the Resistance after their defeat at the hands of the First Order in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
    On-sale: 11/12/2019

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm.... All right, you have my curiosity.

EDIT: Actually, more than that as this looks to be the real big chunk of inter-film ST material we'll have that links to the main plot.

Normally, I'd be curious about the author but at this point the number of utterly hithero unknown to me authors who have turned in fun SW material is quite a long list!

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Jedi Ben

On a postive, female writer getting to write for Rey in a book, that’s a plus. Though nothing I’ve seen of hers that i know of. She seems realitively new and up and coming

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Holy poodoo
    Shes relatively famous for being being a first peoples writer. Her book trail of lighting had been on my reading list for a minute

5. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh wow!!! I didn't expect this! I had no idea they'd actually release a novel set between TLJ and TROS. I figured they'd want to keep it secret and they'd do a young Ben Solo book. Something where he just starts his training so they don't reveal anything about his fall. Getting Resistance Reborn is a pleasant surprise! I like lead in books that are more of a prequel. They add more depth to the film. Also, Rey, Rose, Fin, and Poe are great characters and I'm thrilled to get a book with them! We haven't had a novel focused on an entire main cast working together. This will be fun

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't think anyone did and you're right, it's a refreshing bit of boldness on the publishing front - it's been so restricted on the last two films - probably not necessarily entirely by choice, regardless it's great to see.

I hadn't spotted it but since you mention it, it certainly is - especially after what TLJ did to Rey.

JediKnight75 likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yay! I am looking forward to this, I must say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Black Spire is also post-TLJ. But that's more or less a side adventure, this one seems much more big picture.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Jedi Ben

I'm curious if this is a sign of what is to come once Ep 9 ends and the Mystery Box of this saga is fully open.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    It's definitely the right choice. I feel they have more to gain by not being so restrictive. If something will be revealed in the beginning of the movie then it's not critical to keep secret.

I agree, it's nice to see the first original book with Rey written by a female author. I'm super happy they made that decision.

Black Spire makes me more surprised about this. Dealing with original characters is one thing, but a novel with the main characters tying directly into TROS is another. I figured Black Spire would be all they'd do as a way of giving us something without giving too much. I'm quite excited to be wrong. Both books should be great and it will be cool seeing how the stories work together. They're already setting the wait for TROS up as an exciting time. I love being able to stay with the characters and in the conflict before it's resolved.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    These Journey to ROS books seem more promising than the previous two in terms of actually being relevant to the upcoming film. Can’t wait to see how these characters interact with each other!

12. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    That’s what I’m hoping.

13. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Oh ****, a main character book. Set in between TLJ and TROS. And that cover! Oooooh day one read for sure.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

14. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Agreed, a must read prior to TROS for me.

15. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Definitely one to get once I’m though my back log!

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Poe, Rey and Finn together on an adventure? Don't mind if I do.

17. The Corellian President

The Corellian President Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2015
    Oh yeah. That cover blew me away and the story is going to be spectacular!

18. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Can't wait too read it!!!!!

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep. Bring it.

20. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Really curious as to what allies they could find in this novel. Bothan Spy Network, Sullustans, The Colossus, Mandalorians...the possibilities are endless.

Voltron64 and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Don't forget Mon Cala, Ryloth, and Naboo!

Voltron64 likes this.
  22. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    This is what I'm talking about! More books as promising as this please!

chrcharcor2 and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    I thought the Resistance is rebranding themselves as the Rebellion? Or not?

24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I think people have taken Luke (and Rey) a bit too literally in TLJ; "the rebellion" is just being used as a broad term for any resistance movement. They're still the Resistance against the First Order.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean they had already filled in the paperwork, might as well stick with the name.