main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Resistance Reborn

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 4, 2019.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Hondo has possession of the Falcon at the Disney World/Land parks, which means he gets it post First Order occupation. The bulk of the Black Spire novel takes place months after TLJ, which means Resistance Reborn, Allegiance, Spark of the Resistance probably take place in the months prior to that.

Resistance Reborn
    Allegiance
    Spark of the Resistance
    Black Spire
    all ST-era Flight of the Falcon/Pirate's Price
    Crash of Fate

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's funny actually, the publishing program for the inter-TLJ/TROS period has gone backwards for the most part. FOTF would take place later than everything else, despite being released first. And now RR is out yet it's the earliest in the timeline. Everything else more or less came out in reverse chronological order.

Daneira likes this.
  3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    True! And it's probably a function of Galaxy's Edge, whose "Groundhog Day" is hella close to TROS, opening when it did and the related material being timed to go along with that.

4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I thought GE was meant to be somewhere around the halfway point between TLJ and TROS?

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    More or less. RR is about right after TLJ, and everything else is somewhere in between.

6. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    After the rather slow delivery estimates at both Amazon UK and Wordery, I’ve finally ordered the book from Speedy Hen and I’ve just received an Email several hours late informing me that a copy has since been dispatched. Thanks Jedi Ben!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    SpeedyHen can be a bit erratic, their 'out of stock' listing doesn't always mean out of stock, but when they definitely have stuff - they are fast!

JediFett10 likes this.
  8. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Coolios, thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    For OHC / Omnibuses they have some of the best prices on the net, only BooksEtc beat them sometimes but it's not consistent.

10. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    Also, Choose Your Destiny: A Finn and Poe Adventure is between Allegiance and Spark of the Resistance. I normally wouldn't throw that out there, since the CYD books are generally rather inconsequential, but Spark of the Resistance directly references the events in that book, so it's worth a mention.

Daneira likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

From what I remember isn't all of this more a big lead up to the "Rise of the Resistance" Ride...Which now doesn't open until AFTER TROS...Ironically.

And then pretty much everything after that will fill in whatever gaps need filling.

Plus Resitance obviously should be part of that list...somewhere.

12. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Oh yeah, that's basically right, we need the full story on Rise of the Resistance to really place the "day" of Galaxy's Edge. I guess that ride promo with the Resistance fleet made me assume it was on the very late side of the TLJ-TROS gap.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

More or less that would be my guess.

14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Resistance (the TV show) so far seems to take place very close to TLJ, aside from maybe the most recent two or three episodes. So far it's very self contained though. Anything post-D'Qar could take place whenever. We'll have to see if it intersects with the main plot again at some point.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I completely forgot about that! That’s hilarious. Good memories.

MercenaryAce and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    ROGUE GROUP, THIS IS GENERAL RIEEKAN--

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    MercenaryAce and Sinrebirth like this.
  17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    ROGUE SQUADRON THIS IS GENERAL RIEEKAN

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    This is probably a reaction peculiar to viewers of a certain UK TV series, but
    every time Ambassador Yendor talks I'm hearing it in Rodney's voice from Only Fools and Horses

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, we need to know - is he a plonker?

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Doesn't seem to be so far but I haven't finished the book yet.

Sinrebirth and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Finished the book last night and I can definitely say that
    Yendor isn't a plonker
    . I liked the book - there are some characters there that I wouldn't mind seeing more of.

Jedi Ben and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I actually really appreciated how tight it was. A lot of times in Star Wars books they start talking about some mission and I roll my eyes at the prospect of reading generic blaster fight #3 where we know how it ends even before it starts. This one skips past some of that redundant stuff and skips to where the plot actually moves forward. I never felt like we were really missing anything important.

24. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I’ve been working to piece all the releases post-TLJ into order, with some timeline placements along the way. All the dates below are arbitrary best guesses. In all of the works set post-TLJ the are literally only a handful of references to ‘weeks’ or ‘months’ since the destruction of Hosnian Prime or The Battle of Crait.

I pitched an earlier draft of this timeline to Matt Martin, from the Story Group, over on Twitter who said “Most of your timing assumptions aren’t quite right but the order itself isn’t too far off”.

So, lets dive in:

The days after Crait: Poe Dameron Vol. 5. (Story must span a few days to allow for Poe’s journey from the Falcon to the planet Ikkrukk) 1-2 weeks after Crait: Resistance Reborn. (Story begins with Leia communicating with Poe on Ikkrukk)

6 weeks after Crait: Pirate’s Price, chapters 15-16. (Chewbacca and Rey leave the Falcon with Hondo on Batuu after “scouting around unsuccessfully for a few weeks” for parts) Adventures #14-18: Flight Of The Falcon (Bazine searches for the Falcon)

At some point the Resistance travels to Tah’Nuhna for supplies (referenced in Allegiance)

3 months after Crait: Pirate’s Price, frame story. (lets assume that Hondo had the Falcon for at least a month).

Flight Of The Falcon one shot (Chewie returns for the Falcon.)

4 months after Crait: Black Spire (based on a comment of “a few months since…..” TLJ. I estimate the story to cover at least a month).

5 months after Crait: Galaxy’s Edge Theme Park (continuing on from the Black Spire epilogue, with Kylo Ren and the First Order on Batuu searching for Vi Moradi. Continuity snaffle: Kylo has his old helmet that he smashed up in TLJ)

6 months after Crait: Allegiance (The Resistance has set up base on Anoat. The 6 month dating is just a nice round number to place the main ‘event’ comic at. My feeling is that the intention is that this story occurs 1 year after TLJ, halfway between the rumoured 2 year gap between movies, but Spark Of Resistance dosen’t allow for that dating to work)

7 months after Crait: Choose Your Own Destiny: A Finn And Poe Adventure (Finn and Poe on a mission to get bacta for the Resistance. I’m simply jumping a month with each entry from here to allow for a decent passage of time between movies)

8 months after Crait: Galaxy’s Edge (This comic series references the “botched job on the moon of Avedot” from ‘Allegiance’ and shows an increased First Order presence on Batuu from what we saw in ‘Black Spire’).

9 months after Crait: Spark Of The Resistance (references the CYOD adventures, as well as the ships gained at the end of Allegiance. 9 months since TLJ may be a stretch since it refers to the destruction of Hosnian Prime as “a few months ago”. To me that would imply 3 or 4 months but then there’s a lot of story to cram in between TLJ and this story, hence staying with 9 months.)

10 months after Crait: Adventures #27-29: Ghosts Of Kashyyyk (I originally planned to have this be the last story before TROS simply because it will be the final ‘Journey To…’ release before the movie comes out next month, and also for the presence, and first appearance, of Beaumont. However, the presence of Porgs on the Falcon have caused me to re-evaluate. See next entry for more info)

11 months after Crait: Galaxy’s Edge: Smuggler’s Run (the theme park ride has Hondo and Chewie working together to secure coaxium for the Resistance. I feel some time must have passed since Flight Of The Falcon for Hondo to be working so willing with (not for) the Resistance. The Resistance base on Batuu seems to be significantly larger and better equipped, which again indicates a decent chunk of time. During the ride itself (specifically travel off and back to Batuu) there is no sign of a First Order presence on the planet. Also, tellingly, there are no Porgs in the cockpit! )

1 years after Crait: Adventures #27-29: Secret Agent Droids (given my earlier reasoning for Ghosts Of Kashyyk to be the final entry of this timeline, I guess it’s only fitting that the honour actually goes to this back-up story. As of now only the first part has been released, and nothing in the story helps to cement a date one way or the other so here is as good as any).

Well, that puts us up to date. I would love feedback, let me know if there’s anything I’ve missed or failed to consider.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    JediFett10 likes this.
  25. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    You failed to consider Star Wars Resistance. They obviously don't hook up with the Colossus crew until there's at least 6 episodes left of the season, but still.