main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Resistance Reborn

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 4, 2019.

1. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I would imagine Ryloth would be in better position to fight off the FO than they were their efforts against the Empire.

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I love the sound of this, seems like a proper reforging of the Resistance into something that's not just a Rebellion ripoff, an alliance of all the heroic leadership throughout the galaxy all saying "No!" to the First Order. Count me in.

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Pity we probably won't get a planet or even a sector that instead of being shocked into surrender by the Hosnian Cataclysm, instead became so furious that they were willing to fight to the last man, woman or other and had the fleet or military to back it up. Wouldn't that be an interesting fight.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Mon Calamari.

We have literally been told it’s so pro-Resistance that the NR told it to shhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Know what I want? A first meeting between the new leaders and Leia waltzes in and goes:

And where the **** were you lot a year ago?

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Penguin Random House has it's summary for the novel https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/...-star-wars-by-rebecca-roanhorse/9780593128428

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Hopefully Corellia will learn its lesson and join the fight against the First Order.

8. Gantarat

Gantarat Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 19, 2019
    Leader: Hi Leia, How your son Ben Solo? Where is he now?
    Leia: Oh, He is Supreme Leader of The First Order now. And I need an army against him.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    devilinthedetails likes this.
  9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Then they will burn and we can cackle over their foolishness.

ALL SYSTEMS WILL BOW BEFORE THE FIRST....

*is dragged off*

Nom von Anor and Noash_Retrac like this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Your FO is looking mighty irrelevant to the cackling man behind the curtain.

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    It goes without saying I'm most interested in the Snoke and Kylo Ren ones.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It goes without saying that I cannot wait for everything.

Apart from another Join The Resistance.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  13. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Speaking of Corellia... it would be a real shame if a few of these beauties (combat-outfitted, of course) didn't show up for the final battle.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    DurararaFTW likes this.
  14. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    a luxary liner designed for combat? i've seen weirder. i forgot that profundity was part of a city on Mon Cala so they could retrofit a few of those if they were Resistance-aligned.

15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Exp...ce-journey-to-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker
    Saturday, October 5
    1:30 pm- 2:30 pm
    Room 1A10 - Javits Center

Join authors Delilah S. Dawson (Phasma; Black Spire), Justina Ireland (Lando’s Luck; Spark of the Resistance), Rebecca Roanhorse (Resistance Reborn), Kevin Shinick (Force Collector), and Ethan Sacks (Comics miniseries Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge; Allegiance) as they discuss their new Star Wars projects with moderator Ashley Eckstein. Each story chronicles crucial events that build to the finale of the Skywalker saga in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Featuring entertainment by audiobook narrator Marc Thompson.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm sorry to say that was the only product so far that I flat out didn't like.

17. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    This, she must be a joke for the Galaxy now as not only the daughter of Darth Vader but the mother of Kylo Ren.

In Bloodline that’s why she run away to form the Resistance and because the trust in her was fractured, I guess that’s why now she’s stepping aside for Poe and Rey, even if she survives TROS, she should finally retire.

indydefense likes this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I dunno, you have to assume the galaxy that ignored the First Order has got mynock egg on their face.

19. VGCinema

VGCinema Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2019
    I think this is the book I'm the most excited for in the Journey to The Rise of Skywalker series. That panel at New York Comic Con is gonna be really interesting with all these releases coming soon. Kinda cool that Ashley Eckstein is going to be the moderator.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    But at the same time, when the galaxy realizes that her son was a key part of the First Order... well, let's just say she'd be lucky not to be thrown in an asylum. Think about it: She led a Rebellion against her father and a Resistance against her son. [face_hypnotized]

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Oh yes, blame the parents!

22. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    inb4 they stealth announce ahsoka in one of the books because of Ashley moderating

VGCinema likes this.
  23. VGCinema

VGCinema Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2019
    LMAO That's exactly what I was thinking! It's a long shot for sure but it would be really cool.

24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    very much a long shot but if they did it as a surprise to ashley . It would be an Epic Moment for both her and the fans

VGCinema likes this.
  25. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Well, if you bear in mind how they reacted in Bloodline, it's not hard to imagine them going after her for her son.