main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Judgement Day

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Ohio St vs. Michigan

There isn't really much I can say to hype this game up. I will say I do think OSU is going to win as they have proven to me that they are the best team in the country.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    #1 vs #2, Title game hopes (possibly, unless we have a rematch) on the line, the biggest rivalry in college football... can it really get much bigger than this? Without actually BEING the national Championship game?

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm hoping for a close game so that there is a rematch. I don't really care who wins it, but I would love to see it go into OT.

4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I think an OT game would put the chances of a rematch at pretty significant, especially with just a little help from some other teams.

LSU over Arkansas
    Arkansas over Florida
    Cal over SoCal
    SoCal over ND
    WV over Rutgers

=

OSU-UM rematch

And that may not all be necessary, depending on how close the game is. Hence thats why I think OT makes all that less important

5. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I think Michigan wins. Oh yes, I do. Yes I know there at Ohio State, but I think they win. I love the upset.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    [image=http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/images/smilies/sign_oh.gif] [image=http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/images/smilies/sign_io.gif]

I'll be at GameDay tomorrow morning (don't have tickets to the game, and if I did, I woulda sold them to pay my rent for a few months).

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yes!!! I'm hoping for an OSU win (and checking it out as a potential college :D)

8. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I think a Michigan win would make for a lovely memorial.

9. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Michigan wins. Who has OSU beaten that makes everyone think they're the best team in the country? Texas and a true freshmen QB is him first collegiate game? If that's the feather in your cap, I'm unconvinced.

10. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    o_O

I won't even get into it.

So, on a light note... GO BUCKS!

3 hours 15 minutes til The Game. I must sleep, since I'll be at work all night. I envy you, DarthIntegral. I have to deal with the drunks tonight, so I couldn't make it down there even to harass the GameDay set. :p

11. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    michigan wins. easy as that. i would have said osu before yesterday, but the memory of their beloved coach will carry the wolverines to victory.

12. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Well if something carries the Wolverines to victory, it won't be the defense.

13. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Wasn't an easy game. It honestly could've gone either way, but OSU pulls off the victory!

14. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Next to the Red River Shootout, that was the best game I've seen all season. It was a very close game and I'd love to see a rematch, since Texas has probably been all but been eliminated from the championship games this year.

15. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Won't happen unless Cal or Notre Dame show up against USC, otherwise we get an Ohio St. v (ugh, AGAIN...) USC.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    honestly, Ohio State should have lost that game. If LLLLLoyd Carr uses his stud running back (with an average of greater than 6.5 ypc) in some of those third and shorts instead of passing, they probably win.

Still, I'll take the win.

Hoping for OSU-Rutgers, second choice is OSU-Arkansas

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I thought Lloyd Carr called a brilliant game, actually. Henne should not have checked down to Breaston on that 4th and 10, but aside from that, he was having incredible success passing the ball, and I didn't see the problem with throwing on 3rd and 3, especially when he was behind. However, others I've talked to didn't like some of his decisions, but I tend to give him a lot of credit--I think he's a very good coach.

Maybe it's because I have to endure Philly Ballgame in Knoxville every week, and would give 8 fingers to have Lloyd Carr as our coach. [face_plain]

Rutgers is getting drilled, and USC is losing to Cal. I really want to see these teams play again, and I mean really.

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Not gonna happen after the beating they are taking from Cinn. I'm pleased. Also hoping Cal wins over USC.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    My heart goes out to Michigan fans. While it's never a good day to lose, I would imagine this had to be an even worse day to take a game loss all things considered.

20. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I can imagine that OSU doesn't want a rematch. Could you imagine the crap we'd have to endure if Michigan won the rematch?

My God, and we think the 2003 controversey was bad:rolleyes:

Michigan had their shot, they lost. They should not be playing for the national title in a rematch game. For the sake of having only one champion we should stick to going to the best one loss team that didn't lose to Ohio State. Whether it be Florida, Notre Dame, or Arkansas I don't care (well I do;))

We all know that if UM were to win the rematch, the AP would crown OSU champs (if the game were close) in order to display their relevancy. Please, just say NO!

21. Kavic_Toth

Aug 9, 2002
    The Columbus Dispatch had a blurb in it on an "overheard" from Ohio Stadium between two Michigan fans after the game was over and the OSU fans were rushing the field.

"THAT was NOT No. 1 vs No.2."
    "Yeah... that was No. 1 vs No. 1!"

Damned good way to describe it. And while off the performance of both teams, I would be inclined now to say a rematch might be the only thing that could happen, I still don't want to see it. Especially after Mike Harts post-game comments about the OSU Defense. Yeah. Michigans D did SOOOOOO much to stop us, too. "#1 against the run". A little overrated themselves, maybe?

Actually, I'd answer that a resounding NO. That was two teams playing lights out on BOTH sides of the ball, and those squads would have been enough last night that I'd pit, playing the way they were, either of those teams against any NFL squad you want and bet $10K and give you the points. You'd owe me big time, because they would have eaten anyone alive. That applies to both teams.

Speaking of NFL squads, I also loved the Dispatch's "Must See" for local sports today: Cleveland vs Pittsburgh. Their accompanying comment said "think OSU/Michigan, only with mediocre teams".

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm very happy about OSU :D There doesn't need to be a rematch.

23. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Speaking of NFL squads, I also loved the Dispatch's "Must See" for local sports today: Cleveland vs Pittsburgh. Their accompanying comment said "think OSU/Michigan, only with mediocre teams".

[face_laugh]

To be honest I wasn't impressed with either defense. Michigan's was more disappointing, but OSU certainly doesn't have the talent on that side of the ball they did last year. I don't feel Michigan should get a rematch because of what I said in my previous post, but if given a shot I think the Irish would give them a game. ND may not be able to stop OSU's offense but I think Notre Dame's offense has also improved quite a bit since last year's Fiesta Bowl (which was a one TD game until the final minute when OSU was running out the clock and Pittman broke a big run.).

The Irish need to make a statement against USC, and they'll have plenty of motivation.

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I caught a bit on ESPNU this afternoon, OSU looked really good then. But then, thats not surprising :p

25. Kavic_Toth

Aug 9, 2002
    I have to agree with the first part, but disagree with the second. I think OSU and UM have both shown that against any other team in the country, their defenses are good enough to be stifling. Against each other, it was just too much between the two teams.

Think two runaway semis on a collision course, and everyone else is kids in the road on big wheels.

:p

As for ND, I think they've improved, but I still don't see them managing to do it against OSU. Quinn has improved, but their defense is not all it's cracked up to be. The biggest concern, IMO, is that the Heisman curse causes Troy to have a subpar day in the Fiesta. Otherwise, should OSU and ND meet again, I think this year, he tallies even more yardage on the Irish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.