main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July 2016 RMFF meeting/BBQ - 7/16 @ 3 PM

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Jun 27, 2016.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The July meeting will be on the 16th at Jomama aka Dan's house. Start time is 3 PM.

Contact Dan on Facebook or post here if you need directions.

The host will provide meat, cups, plates, and condiments. Bring your favorite side, dessert, beverage, and a lawn chair, if you have one.

AuttyBot and he-guy like this.
  2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    This is also the same night as Star Wars night at the Outlaws game. JUST FYI. :/

3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Please post here or in the FB Event what you'll be bringing to next weekend'd (not this weekend's) BBQ meeting. The host is providing meat and condiments, so please post what side dish or dessert you're planning to bring. Or just post if you're coming so they can plan for food quantities.

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Tomorrow! See y'all there.

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Very fun day! Thanks to Dan & Desiree for hosting!

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Huzzah to Daniree for letting us into their home and allowing our two year-old "drink" Ecto Cooler Hi-C until he went all Hulk taking wet, sticky shirt off and being crazy.

FanForced likes this.
  7. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Great time! Nice to see everyone and thank you for hosting us! I will have notes up by Wednesday. I had a bit of an emergency today and will be out tomorrow so stay tuned.....

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Hope everything, and everyone, is okay! No worries on the delay for notes. It can happen...especially to that person who took June notes that never turned up. Doh!

9. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you for understanding. Tomorrow they will be up. I am also waiting on glasses, I have none at the moment, so staring at screen even when I zoom has been a challenge. Hope I spelled the above sentences correctly.

10. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Rocky Mountain Fan Force
    Meeting Notes
    Annual Barbeque July 16, 2016
    Roll Call: Topic: What theme or character are you looking forward to seeing or would like to see on Star Wars Rebels?
    Old Business:
    We had a June meeting. No note link for this one.
    DCC Star Wars Experience: Overall, we were happy with the new location. We receive a lot of foot traffic. We are hoping to keep scheduling for RMFF a little tighter next year. For those of us that are new at the tables remember to promote the panels. We will want to discuss a better system for passes for 2017 simply due to poor cell reception and communication since not everyone can make it to the pickup times.
    DCC Panels: Our Trivia Panel filled the room. Over 300+ attendees. Library panel was also a success. R2KT auction brought in 14k, enough to fund two wishes. We did raise some money for the R2KT auction during the panel. Next year a cowbell or attaching money boxes to the table will likely be in effect just to provide extra security. We will also want to leave a sign at the table should we move the cash box.
    Applause and pat on the back to everyone who helped with the DCC event. It went well!
    New Business:
    RMFF Garage sale: Please contact Jonathan or Linda to donate your goods. I am sure they are happy to take more!
    Garage sale event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1036821303069038/
    RMFF IG: Autumn has volunteered to create a RMFF Instagram page.
    Hauntings: Start to think about how we can focus on our young audience this year at the hangar.
    Alamo Draft house: Star Wars will be showing. https://drafthouse.com/?home for details
    Film on the Rocks: TFA in September. http://www.axs.com/events/309798/star-wars-the-force-awakens-tickets
    Star Wars Celebration: Taking place in Orlando next year http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Home/
    · Some of our members have already booked rooms and may be looking for roommates.
    · See more on our forums here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...pril-13-16-in-orlando.50040474/#post-53591026
    · Do we want to man a table at this event? This request must be in by November.
    Adams County Fair: Is this an event that we would like to consider working?
    RMFF boards: There will be an upgrade to our board coming next month.
    Star Wars News & Pop Culture:
    Pokémon GO is the rage, you can see Pokémon and Star Wars mash ups online.
    The Lucas Museum will likely end up in California.
    Star Wars show on YouTube, Star Wars in 10 minutes.
    AFI Achievement award, a first for a composer: http://blog.afi.com/composer-john-williams-to-receive-the-44th-afi-life-achievement-award/
    Season 3 Rebels poster came out 7/16/16
    Gaming:
    LEGO TFA releases playable R2KT. There are also playable versions for mobile devices.
    Battlefront: An offline mode has been added.

Did I forget anything? Are there any errors? Please post in the thread below to let me know

he-guy likes this.
  11. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    "Do we want to man a table at this event? This request must be in by November."

Is the Fan Force (which we are a part of) not getting a fan table at SWCO? I think they handle the table stuff. I wouldn't submit anything until we talk to the parent group. Remember, LFL/Disney does not work with local groups, just the main groups (and the Fan Force is the main group here). I personally cannot work any tables for anyone at SWCO since I'll be in the droid room the whole time. Sorry guys. Check with the FF first. LFL/Disney has very definite procedures and rules in place for all of this.

12. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    "Pokémon GO is the rage, you can see Pokémon and Star Wars mash ups online."

Be very careful with this app (and all phone/online game apps). Already some viruses have been detected with this, especially a very dangerous trojan that affects your phone if you sign on with Google. Already there has been fanatics of this game claiming that this is false, but as an IT person I've already received two emails from MacAfee and Bitdefender, two of the biggest anti-virus products on the market. If you do play, just keep your anti-virus up to date and RUN it constantly, on all of your mobile devices.

Personally, I say put the damn phone down and get out in the mountains for exercise. Why chase a stupid creature that doesn't exist on your phone? Look up and see the real world. End of PSA.
    (and again if you insist on playing this please be careful and protect your mobile devices from harm)

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    AuttyBot, thanks for taking and posting the notes! Looks good.

14. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Why dress up in costumes and play make believe as creatures that don't exist? Why spend time building droids? Why spend time planning panels and going to them? Why do anything at all?

Because people enjoy it. Because some people can't get up in the mountains. Because some people can barely get out of their houses, and this motivates them to.

Don't dis on what other people enjoy. We are in NO POSITION to judge other people's hobbies.

(The virus-laden versions are hacked clones of the original app, and that's straight from Mcafee's website.)

he-guy likes this.