main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge June 2016 Word Race! PLEASE POST FINAL COUNTS BY JULY 3RD.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , May 24, 2016.

1. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    1,023. It isn't much, but I'm surprised that I got that much in, to be honest.

2. Ugohr Poof

Ugohr Poof Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2016
    Current word count: 7,741

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    The list has been updated. Please remember to bold your counts in your posts so I can easily see them when I am skimming.

I'm currently up to 753. Though I am hoping to get more done today after some "research" (aka reading comics) for my newest plot bunny.

4. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    After a very slow start, I'm finally getting some words down on paper. First week's count: 1089

5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    After three days sick in bed unable to do anything, I finally got some words down tonight.

Count is 1047.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    now at 2610 words

Sith-I-5, whiskers and Findswoman like this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Unless I can count my fanon post, I have written drokk all, since.

8. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    385 words added yesterday.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    2,502 words until now. These are 2,502 words that have been rewritten to death, so the real total is probably more like 10,000, but my word processor doesn't keep track of deleted words [face_dunno]

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The creative well has run dry for tonight, leaving me on 2155.

I am going leave out RP posts for the time being, I think. If I need to make up numbers towards the end to get to colours, I will bring them in.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  11. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    452 words.

I managed a handful of handwritten words today, and counted them to bring that stunning total out in public.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  12. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    492 words today for a grand total of 1900.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    List has been updated.

My life has just been oddly crazy and I haven't gotten anything written. I have Darth Real Life to deal with for the next 2 days, but my aim is to start TRYING Sunday.

The quote "Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once" basically just rules my life (I should have know complaining about having nothing to do would bring this about).

Ewok Poet and leiamoody like this.
  14. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    1,551 words written over the weekend (mainly last night, today) for a total of 3,451.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm doubtful that what I wrote today will ever see the light of day, but if it ever does, I'm up to 1126.

Dear muse: you really suck right now.

16. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Seeing how everybody else appears to be stuck at one point or another, I'm almost ashamed to report that I may need somebody or something to stop me from writing, so I could do some actual, paid work. [face_blush]

I churned 22 707 words in less than two weeks and I wonder if it's a mania or something. I guess my stress from what happened last week did it. Most of this, about 20K is my DDC, which I said I would get out of the way, the rest of it is mostly footnotes.

Briannakin, I used two of your picture prompts and one of your word prompts in a September entry and I will let you know once that's up. The word prompt helped me create a religion for an entire planet and it's actually cooler than the religion I created for another planet last month and I cannot thank you enough for this! :) I wish I could motivate your muse or something!

I somehow squeezed in a couple of words for the second fanon challenge, which is funny, given that I am yet to finish the response to the first.

With three award fics I need to work on, two award graphics and a stories that have not been updated forquite a long time, I seriously hope that this DDC mania will pas me and then I can focus on the things that are harder to write.

tl;dr: I wish I was more disciplined.

17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Finally finished a chapter I've been stuck on for ages. Count is 2581.

18. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Now up to 4723.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  20. Ugohr Poof

Ugohr Poof Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2016
    Now up to 10,420

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    WOOHOO! Return of the 3am muse! Because what else am I doing with my summer. I haven't seen this muse since like high school.

I'm up to 1985 words

22. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Wow...so after my stunning lack of motivation, I forced myself to work on a different short story instead of my main fic and somehow wrote 1170 words in two days. New total 2259. Still not outstanding, but improving.

23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    All right, 968! Woo-hoo! And now 1226! This story is getting written! :D

Now, I have no business being so excited about such a meager total when there are people here who are well into the four- and five-digit realms. But the fact is, I too have had a hard time getting motivated and unstuck this month too for whatever reason—with the OC challenge story in particular I kind of painted myself into a corner—and now that I am finally just starting to unstick myself, it feels so good! My current goal is to finish the OC story before the week is out, and I think I juuuuust may be able to swing it. :)

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    3778 with the completion of my Mary Formal' chapter.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    8658 with most for the 'Flowers of evil' and the rest for the diaries

Findswoman , Sith-I-5 and Ewok Poet like this.