main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June 2018 - December 2019 - Nothing?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JediDotNet, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Weird that from June 2018 to December 2019 there will be no new Star Wars movie and TV content? Or is their something Lucasfilm has kept a secret. With Last Jedi this week, Rebels ending soon after the end of this year and Solo coming out in May everything will be done until Episode IV comes out late December 2019. Seems weird that Lucasfilm would leave the period so devoid of content. Especially with Celebration not coming until 2019 as well. Maybe Solo should be moved to December 2018 just to keep the cadence going.

2. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    I heard there was going to be more Forces of Destiny shorts produced. And in the fall Rebels season 4 will be out on Blu-ray and DVD so that will also help maintain interest. And I am sure The Star Wars Show will continue producing episodes every Wednesday on Youtube. Combine all that with various tidbits of news, trailers, announcements, etc. I think general public interest in Star Wars will be maintained to a degree, but yeah it seems like the major stuff will put on a long wait. I think Star Wars Celebration next year is gonna be a huge hit.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I think we'll probably get a new tv show announced after Rebels ends and it'll probably start in September. I can't remember where I heard it but I think Dave Filoni is working on something at the moment. A new animated series is probably a safe bet.

4. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hmmm, I do agree with what some of you are mentioning about new TV releases during the period between June this year until December 2019... LucasFilm and Disney probably do not want the series to be overshadowed by the hype of a new movie and can use this so-called dormant period to maximize the TV viewership (and maybe do reruns of the old movies at the same time)! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.