main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge June is WIP MONTH! (Finish WIPs, get colors!)—IT'S ON!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , May 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    If I could like and relike that I would!! =D= [face_party] [:D]

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, there's some wonderful productivity going on here! Congrats to @TheRynJedi on finishing "Crisis" and to @Raissa Baiard for coming so close to your finishing goal! Index updated with Raissa's new number and bolding for Ryn's story. =D=

And as for myself, I'm close to one of my goals, too, as I'm now at 900 words on my drabbles! Just 100 more to goal before my goal is met and my second set is done. (I'd forgotten how fun these things were!)

@Pandora, that seriously stinks about the new laptop! :( I hope something will be able to worked out as soon as possible, whether it's a new part, a refund, or an all-new machine.

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I want to cry. Went to hit save on something and word crashed. Taking about 500 words with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilinthedetails likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Pandora --- :eek: :eek: In this time of everything needing to be virtual, that REALLY bites!! And @Kit' yuck! Doesn't even begin to describe it. @};-

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh no! That's the worst! Really sorry to hear that, @Kit', and hope you'll be able to get it back! <3

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I took a picture of it as it froze with my phone and managed to use that re-type it. It was extra for Snips and Snails which is now 8500 words or 17x the length I had planned for it to be

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh no @Kit'! :eek: That's just the worst!! Between that and poor @Pandora, I wish you guys all the best with winning the battle against technology, even if they're currently taking a few victories in the skirmishes! :p :oops: [:D]

As for myself, after nearly SIX MONTHS I was finally able to write an update for We Claim Our Own Landscape. [face_dancing] I have a clear vision in mind for where I want to go next - which I think in retrospect is why I stalled out on the story to begin with :oops: - and I already have a chunk of words written for the next chapter . . . even if there's now going to be four parts, rather than the three I first envisioned. Because, owing to the wonderful conversation I missed out on last weekend - though @devilinthedetails 's spot on words echo my own own thoughts and story writing process exactly - I find that a lot of times when I only have a vague idea, I underestimate just how long a story is going to be. The more I refine my planning, and then let my wordy muse get away from me, stories just grow. :p

Then, as for my review goal, I was able to leave feedback on @Findswoman stellar first set of drabbles in The Sisterhood of the Rose Evergreen, which is already just as amazing a glimpse of a crew of fine ladies as the premise promised to be! I also finally caught up on reading @TheRynJedi's Crisis of the Heart, which is a powerful, heartwarming look at family, perseverance, and healing. And, of course, a little bit of romance. [face_love] I highly recommend both!

Alrighty, now it's back to my WIP folder for me to see what else I can churn out before June ends . . . let's do this! ;) [face_dancing]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    amidalachick, Kahara, Kit' and 4 others like this.
  8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    A productive Friday for me.

I've written 1788 words in My Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan, which means that I've met and exceeded my 2000 word goal for that story. [face_party]

I've also written 500 more words for my A Hundred Drabbles collection, bringing my total for that story to a solid 1500. [face_dancing]

amidalachick, Kahara, Kit' and 3 others like this.
  9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    AMAZING! Great work, people! Index updated. What a whiz-bang WIP Month this is turning out to be! [face_dancing]

@Kit' , so glad to hear you were able to recover your work! [face_relieved]

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! So I did have a few things that didn't quite make it to the index, it seems! I honestly didn't notice they weren't there for a while now, but I'm more than happy to be lost in the shuffle of so much progress! :p I know that hosting this thread is quite the commitment, so thank you so very much @Findswoman! [:D]

500 words for my Your Reach Into the Far NSWFF drabbles.

Then, 3 reviews: Into The Drabble-verse, by Raissa Baiard.
    Things You Said ... While You Were Drunk, by Raissa Baiard.
    Raise the Candles High by amidalachick.

Thank you so very much, again! :D

Findswoman , Kit' , Kahara and 2 others like this.
  11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    D’oh! I’m really sorry I missed those, Mira! :oops: I’ll add them right now. My apologies again!

EDIT: And added!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  12. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Update time

6000 total:

2000 on Just a Spoonful of Trouble: 2001,:D[face_dancing]
    1000 on CCC-USJS: 565,
    2000 on untitled Namia/Kit fic 1786
    500 on Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails: 8728, :_|
    500 on Haiku Challenge

So finished the Drabble total and ultra close to the Namia/Kit total. Now just to make time for USJS and get cracking on the Haiku Challenge and I might, just might, get there.

Also sorry to hear about your laptop @Pandora - can you (or your Dad rather) dispute it through PayPal or Ebay?

13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much, @Kit', and great work keeping up the productivity! Got it in the index; hopefully it all looks accurate. :)

14. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    So writing has become my reward for marking. Which has meant an increase in productivity and a decrease in the time I spend staring out of the window wishing that I wasn't marking. Have completed the word totals now for USJS (just haven't posted because I would like @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku to have a quick squiz first.

Only 250 odd words on the Namia/Kit fic and the entire Haiku challenge left to go! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Also must stop working on Snips and Snails. That thing is now insane. Checks word count - 10045 words! Really brain! Really?

Therefore

6000 total:
    2000 on Just a Spoonful of Trouble: 2001,
    1000 on CCC-USJS: 1120, [face_dancing]
    2000 on untitled Namia/Kit fic 1786
    500 on Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails: 10045
    500 on Haiku Challenge

15. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, very nice work, @Kit' ! Got it in the index. Keep on keeping on! =D=

As for me, I'm proud to announce that I've made my goal of 1000 words on drabbles, by completing week 2 of my drabble series! No idea whether I'll make any of my other goals (and not really holding my breath about those at this point), but I'm feeling pretty good about having made this one and my review goals. :)

16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear about the freeze, @Kit ; great thinking to get a picture to recover some of it.

Good seeing so much productivity from others.

17. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Woot! Tonight I wrote 200 words on Meet the Aliit! Which puts me at 2100 words with 6 days still left to go! I am so surprised that I’ve managed to meet my goals this time. As painful as it was, I think deciding to give up on the story that was giving me nothing but trouble was the right thing to do. It freed me to work on other stories with less emotional baggage.

Kit' , amidalachick, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  18. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Congrats to everyone who's met their goals! That's so exciting! :D

@Kit' and @Pandora, yikes! My sympathies on your technology troubles!

Real life things are making it kind of hard to write but I've managed to get a few things done.

-Finished The Other One We Make (which I saw is already in the index; thank you @Findswoman! :))
    -Written a total of 1500 words on Raise The Candles High
    -Wrote 400 words on Silly Love Songs (still in draft stage and still a mess at this point but it's words that weren't there before! :p)
    -Reviewed 2 more stories (so I think that brings me to my goal of 6, yay!)

Week 9 of A Hundred Drabbles by @devilinthedetails features glimpses of Anakin's life on Tatooine. As always, devil's writing is gorgeous and she really captures the characters and brings them to life.

And caught up on Weeks 6 and 7 of "Cut Into Little Stars" by @Mira_Jade. A wonderful variety of characters and eras and I love all of these drabbles even when it's parts of the GFFA I'm not so familiar with.

If you haven't checked out these two drabble threads yet, give them both a read! They're both awesome. [face_love]

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, way to go, @Raissa Baiard and @amidalachick ! =D= =D= Congratulations on some awesome productivity this week--oh, how I love it when I can bold not one but two authors/entries on an index update! :D

And now it looks like we have just under a week left in WIP month... let's see what we can do! Go, team, go! [face_dancing]

20. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
  21. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    500 more words written for my Hundred Drabbles collection, which means I've met my 2000 word total goal for that story. Yay[face_party]

Kahara, Kit' , Findswoman and 2 others like this.
  22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Excellent work, @devilinthedetails and @Kahara —got you both in the index! And devil, I’ve bolded yours! (I’ve also gone through and bolded some other story titles that I’d forgotten to—hopefully haven’t missed anyone.) So glad to see the productivity keeping up in our final week or so! :)

23. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Ugh, I've got like a paragraph or two left to write to finish "Community" and I've hit this block. Like, come on, it's just one little bit left, and my brain is like: nope, I got nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

24. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    You can do it @TheRynJedi - you've still got a couple of days and you can do it. Throw on some music and just see what comes out. Remember if it's terrible then you can edit it.

For my part I finished the word count for the Unnamed Namia/Kit fic and managed to join the two seperate word documents that I'd written for it together. So yay?!? Just the HaiKu challenge to go.

6000 total:
    2000 on Just a Spoonful of Trouble: 2001,
    1000 on CCC-USJS: 1120,
    2000 on untitled Namia/Kit fic - 2978 [face_dancing]
    500 on Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails: 10045
    500 on Haiku Challenge

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Woohoo! Nice work, there, @Kit' ! Got it in. Now all of your Word Count Option stories are bolded but one! :D