main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June Meeting - June 11th, 2pm at Village Inn

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by AuttyBot, May 31, 2016.

1. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Good Afternoon,

I will need a volunteer to take notes for this round as I will be at my son's competition that day. I suspect we will be discussing what we can do to be best prepared for DCC.

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I can take notes.
    I'll also give Village Inn a call a couple of days before and see if it makes a difference when we show up and they're all "Huh? Wha?"

3. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    I have called every time DieWompRatDie . Perhaps you will be more convincing that we will be there yet again haha! :) Thank you!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  4. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Who knows? Seems like it's always different employees there every month.

thebreadnappa likes this.
  5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Sorry no can do! too much to do before DCC

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

We understand. That's why we're meeting. :)

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We can always talk about stuff here.

On the boards [face_idea]

nnaydolem and he-guy like this.
  8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    :eek:

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Communicate?! Have you lost your mind?!

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Space at Village Inn (hopefully) reserved.

thebreadnappa will be filling in for our CR and I will be filling in for our secretarian.

AuttyBot likes this.
  11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

We'll take the discussion from the boards, expand on it and talk about the latest news and information at the meeting. Hopefully those in the know and those wanting to be in the know will all get together and pass along information, ask questions, and have a merry ol' time! :)
    Then we'll post notes on the boards afterwards for those who want to be in the know, but couldn't make it to the meeting (from 3 pm - 4 pm).

Hope to see you all there! And if you can't make it, hope to see ya at DCC in the SW Experience area or our related panels!

12. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    I know there is a lot of focus on the trivia panel at the moment. I would like to get it out there that any candy donations for the prize wheel would be super appreciated. I will see about picking up some myself. Also, I do have some different higher level prizes for the wheel, but they will go fast. I need to know if I should locate some more and partner with the treasurer and have approval to do so! These would be my questions for the meeting. Thank you all!

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Did you pick up a bunch of little/medium prizes for stocking the prize wheel boxes deep? I think you said that you were going to get a bunch and the treasurer would reimburse you. Is that what was decided at the last meeting? Or is that the candy you're referring to?

I'd recommend getting the higher level prizes and being reimbursed. But, that's up to the group for final decision...probably at the meeting tomorrow.

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Alas, I'm conducting a volunteer training for DCC all afternoon tomorrow, so I will not be able to make it. If you guys need any DCC questions answered, feel free to send a text/PM/FB message.

15. marine

marine Jedi Padawan

Apr 24, 2016
    I would, however I will be running late to the meet2

16. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    DieWompRatDie I do have some that I got awhile back. I will take a final inventory and make it happen. :) More than anything I wanted to make sure that it is approved should I pick up a bit more. I know that we discussed candy. There were no other volunteers so I am thinking I can check Costco for a large bag(s) and make sure we are covered. I hope this makes sense. How I view the prize boxes is as follows: Lvl 1: Small/Med tattoos and stickers. Lvl 2: Large stickers and tattoos. Lvl 3: Small prize or tattoo or sticker. Trench Run: Tangible prize. I forget what the break down is. Thanks!

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    At the meeting I mentioned that I was told Party City had superhero candy. They do, but it's ridiculously expensive.

I bought some books of stickers there to cut up for the prize wheel -- but I recommend getting candy elsewhere.

18. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    You are absolutely correct QueenHighMistress It is very pricey so I opted not to get candy from there.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Everybody agreed that you should go ahead and get a bunch of candy from Costco or wherever, AuttyBot. The treasury will reimburse you, so contact Nerfherders for a budget and reimbursement of money you've spent on prizes already.

Thanks!

Official notes to be posted...prolly tomorrow.

AuttyBot and thebreadnappa like this.
  20. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you DieWompRatDie Nerf had reached out to me. Thanks RMFF team! :)

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    DieWompRatDie, I have a sign made for you for the table while you're running panels -- it's pretty simple (I have a few others to do yet, and I didn't want to get too fancy in case it needed to be printed in B&W). I'm not sure if there's a way to transfer it to you here...?

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Thanks!

If it's under 10 MB, you can email it to me and I can print it out. You can send it to mail4thornton @ yahoo.com.

Is it one sign for both evenings or signs for each night telling people what panel we're doing?

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    It's one sign for both evenings, with a panel listing. I figured one sign would be easier to keep track of in con chaos.

I'll send it to you tonight and you can let me know if you see anything that needs changed.

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Sign looks great! I printed out 2 copies just in case.

Here it is:
    [​IMG]

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Two copies is probably a good idea!