main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jurassic Park

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by jedi_john_33, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I really hope they pick up the "raptors did in the boat crew" idea, it's a possibility I've really liked ever since seeing the film in theaters, especially sine it's harkens back to the one thread in the original novel.

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    that'd be a great thing however i wonder why they didn't use that for JP3

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Probably because JP3 was pretty much written and rewritten on the fly.

4. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    It's interesting. If Velociraptors being on the boat and killing the crew and getting to mainland is never made into a sequel or a into a subplot of a sequel, then would that have to mean that the audience is supposed to accept the T-Rex as the one killing the crew? That would just seem like an abandoned idea turned into a less convincing excuse for what happened to the crew on the boat.

It would also be a missed opportunity for something different than the three that have been made so far and something that could really be cool.

Regardless, I'm a really big fan of these movies and look forward to more of them. :cool:

ROAARRRRR!!!!!

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>If Velociraptors being on the boat and killing the crew and getting to mainland is never made into a sequel or a into a subplot of a sequel, then would that have to mean that the audience is supposed to accept the T-Rex as the one killing the crew?<<

Well, without filmic evidence that actually proves Raptors got aboard, yeah, I'd have to say TLW implies it was the T-Rex somehow (even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense given the confines of the bridge).

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    anyone with common sense would know that it couldn't have been the T-Rex

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    My Jurassic Park rankings.

1. Jurassic Park
    2. Jurassic Park 3
    3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park

My biggest problem with The Lost World is the absence of Sam Neill and Laura Dern and the lack of any new interesting characters except for Pete Postlethwaite as Roland Tembo. Everyone else including Vince Vaugh, Julian More and several other good actors was dino fodder. Their characters just weren't interesting. The film had a fine plot and action, just didn't care about the characters. Oh yes and Malcom's "daughter" almost single handly ruins the film. Thankfully Jeff Goldblum anchors the film with his wisecracking performance.

Jurassic Park 3 on the other hand has no story but it's far more enjoyable then TLW. Sam Neil makes a welcome return as does Laura Dern although too brief, and William H. Macy is always good. The action scenes are extremely well done and the film looks really good. There just isn't much depth and everything has a small scale feel. This is sort of like a made for TV sequel is that respect. The film also lacks a major climax. Having seen the bonus material is quite clear the Spino was suppose to come out of the ocean and attack the marines who just landed. Unfortunately the film ran out of time and money and it was scrapped.

I like to think that if you were to take the best elements of TLW and JP3 you would have an excellent sequel. I just hope JP4 is a follow-up worthy of the original. Hopefully it will be titled:

Jurassic Park IV:
    NO KIDS IN THIS ONE

I wouldn't say no to bring Malcom's daughter back if she ate by a Raptor the minute she steps onto the island.

I want the next film set on the real Jurassic Park, Isla Neblar, not Site B, Isla Sorna. I want to see how devastated the park has become and see the buildings all in ruins. My ideal cast would be Sam Neil, Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern, Pete Postlethwaite, Sir Richard Attenborough and Camilla Belle (the little British girl from Lost World who's a full blown hottie now). I would also like to see Dodson and BioSyn figure into the plot as well.

8. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Heh, I just wish a more faithful adaptation of JP was turned into a movie. :p

9. General_Veers05

General_Veers05 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2005
    I cant agree with that cos ive never read JP the book...

10. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I know. John Hammond ... lives!? :p

11. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Yeah but Hammond was an S.O.B. in the novel and deserved to die. In the film Hammond was just misguided and wasn't necessarily a bad guy.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't know if this has been posted before but jplegacy.org is a great page.

I really want to see a massive dino battle. Rex, Spino, Giganotosaurus, Allosaurus Carcharodontosaurus; just one big horrific bloddy fight like a shark feeding frenzy.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Found another good site. jparchive.org The image agllery is extensive for all three films.

[image=http://www.jparchive.org/images/jp79.jpg]

[image=http://www.jparchive.org/images/jp69.jpg]

[image=http://www.jparchive.org/images/jp78.jpg]

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  15. Emporer_Poggle

Emporer_Poggle Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2005
    John Williams did the score for Jurassic Park, he's a great composer.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    watching Jurassic Park right now since i haven't seen it a while. the scene at the beginning w/ the Brachiosaurus is very moving and when the T-Rex comes out on to the road from it's Paddock. great work

17. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    The Velociraptors (which are actually the size of Deinonicys - spelling?) still give me the creeps to this day. When that one peaks through the bushes, makes that hissing sound, and then, Muldoon realizes that he was set up, I still keep hoping that he's going to get his gun around in time.

The only thing in Spielberg's films that terrifies me more is the great white shark because there are REAL great whites out there, and people REALLY have gotten eaten alive by them.

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    If I am not mistaken the Utahraptor is closer to the size of the raptors shown on film.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I should add, real velociraptors were about 2 feet high and 6 feet long, but despite being smaller than the average man would proabbaly tear us apart much like any similar sized animal can.

JP is on alot this week on the AMC channel, and that of course is prompting me to look up dino info. I found a great T-Rex site which is actually a dig in process:

Unearthing T-Rex

Edit: JP3 is on TBS tonight.

Edit 2: Apparently Laura Dern has expressed interest in JP4.

JPlegacy

While promoting her new film "Inland Empire" she was asked if she would be interested in a return to the Jurassic franchise.

"I hope you guys can tell me," Dern said. "...People keep telling me I?m in 'Jurassic Park IV,' my character?s in it, I?m in it, and I haven?t gotten the call yet, but I?m very curious to hear more? You never know. It was awfully fun."

IGN then asked, "Do you want to get eaten in this one and get kinda killed off??"

"No! The great paleobotanist can never die!"

20. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Allow me to present something I've been working on for quite sometime.

[image=http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3348/jurassicbondzt3.jpg]

Jurassic Bond - Worlds collide when James Bond meets his most deadly opponents yet, the deadly dinosaurs of Jurassic Park. Three versions to choose from.

Jurasic Bond Trailer Large
    (Reducing this video in size by 50% gives you a sharper looking image that isn't as blurry as the small file.)

Jurassic Bond Small

Jurassic Bond YouTube

Enjoy the show.

21. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Very well done! Toward the middle I was thinking they weren't really mixing well, it was mostly just footage from the two movies thrown together, but the comedic timing at the end more than made up for it. I enjoyed greatly.

-Paul

22. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Yeah I had originally intended to match the footage of Brosnan running around on the catwalks with the terradactyl cage from JP III. Unfortunately the GoldenEye footage is in broad daylight and the terradactyl sequence was very dark. I couldn't figure out how to match the Bond footage with only Windows Movie Maker to work with.

23. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    Have you by chance gotten a new movie editor application? That'd be awesome to see :D

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I did get a new computer but I still onlt have Windows Movie Maker. However when I edit footage and save it as a file it comes out stretched and I'm not sure why. As for Jurassic Bond it's only about 40% of what I originaly intended. If I ever get some better software I'll remake it as The Lost Cut: Jurassic Bond.

25. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Hmm... lemme guess... are you ANY bit of a Bond fan? *browses your YouTube videos*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.