main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

Sidequel animated series.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Jedi Daniel, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh, that looks... not great.
    But it'll be on Netflix, so I'll probably watch the first episode at least.

Ghost and Iron_lord like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    the animation for the humans looks like a DisneyJr show but then they really threw the rendering into the dinsoaurs instead which has this kinda amusing disconnect between the two styles so maybe seeing DisneyJr level pixel characters getting chomped by dinosaurs might be good for a laugh.

I know it's a kids animated show but it's Jurassic Park, it's impossible to do that story without people getting eaten alive.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Ghost likes this.
  5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Doesn't look too bad. I'll check it out because it's JP and no doubt watch it with my kids.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This is a terrible idea, and it's like if they were to make a RoboCop cartoon sho-OH COME ON.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hey, that cartoon had some great kid toys :).

8. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    They're 100% using an episode of this series as a backdoor pilot for a Dino-Riders reboot. It just makes too much sense.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This can’t fail. It has the Indominus Rex. Everyone loved the Indominus Rex. Right...? :p

BigAl6ft6 and TCF-1138 like this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ugh. :p

I'm still expecting something like an Indoceratops to show up in Dominion. The Indominus Rex was dumb, the Indoraptor was even dumber (it smiled at the camera. Smiled.), so it only makes sense that Trevorrow will up the dumb for the final film. The Indoceratops will be a cross between a Raptor, T-Rex and Triceratops, and the smartest, most vicious herbivore ever. It might even talk - delivering one-liners as it kills people with its mighty horns.

I really don't like where this franchise has ended up. :p

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Indoceratops: "If, at first, you don't succeed," (stabs with one horn) "tri," (stabs with the second) "tri," (stabs with final) "tri again!"

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    jurassic world fallen kingdom says that Lord Plotwood caused Hammond to make Jurassic Park on an island because Plotoldmanguy wanted to clone his daughter but the cloned daughter in JWFA is like 8 or something and Jurassic Park takes place in 93, was Hammond that annoyed decades before they could make a viable human clone or something?

Anyway the original Jurassic Park is on AMC now and I do like seeing Wu in the scenes because you can read between his exposition lines and sorta see how he could go full on mad scientist 30 years later. "We simply deny them that."

darthcaedus1138 and PCCViking like this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

I mean, I know they won't, but I do kinda wonder if anybody will get eaten.

Iron_lord and Jedi Daniel like this.
  14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Spielberg to Camp Cretaceous Showrunners: "Don't do the kiddy version".

Kreamer says: “When Steven gave the okay for the project, when he gave the final sign-off, his marching orders were, ‘Don’t do the kiddy version. It needs to feel like it’s Jurassic Park. It needs to feel like it’s Jurassic World.’ And we went for it.”

Fellow showrunner Aaron Hammersley adds: “I think that you couldn’t really do a Jurassic story without having those elements of putting people in real danger. Because otherwise, if you don’t have that, it’s not going to feel like a Jurassic Park or Jurassic World film. So to us, it was it was really just kind of keep in line with the world that they’ve already created.”

The outlet has seen the show and says while the series never displays blood or gore onscreen, it gets intense with characters eaten by dinosaurs and “it is violent”.

Daft-Vader likes this.
  16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I like to imagine the Indominus Raptor eating someone violently then turning to the camera, huge smile on its blood-flecked mouth and saying something like "Ain't I a stinker?" then tap dancing off screen. Go full on cartoon with it lol

BigAl6ft6, Iron_lord and PCCViking like this.
  17. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    So this show sold me in the first 2 minutes with Mr. DNA and that stupid raptor whistle from the third movie making an appearance.
    Also a lot of people get eaten.

18. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The show actually was better than I expected. Got pretty decent when it started running concurrent to the events of Jurassic World. The animation was good for the most part, a few sequences were pretty rough though.

Jedi Daniel and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  19. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, I'm not that big a Jurassic Park fan, but as a series the cartoon wasn't too bad, I'd definitely rank it well above Fallen Kingdom. I even find the kids less annoying than most of the adults in the movies. Helps that there's more time spent on character development and less time on screaming from idiots.

20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I watched the entire season. It was fine for a kids show I guess.

Though I have to say -- even when I was a kid I hated when kids shows and movies had actual kids as lead characters. They were always just annoying, and kids can see that just as well as adults.
    I mean, who ever saw Jurassic Park as a kid and went "You know who my favorite characters are? Lex and Tim!"? That just doesn't happen. And this was a whole show centered around half a dozen Lexes and Tims.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hahaha that's actually a pretty ringing endorsement to me if they throw Mr. DNA at you in 120 seconds in.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Didn't even know this was happening. I shall watch.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This is quite good so far. Dr Wu!

24. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Sounds like they finished filming.

25. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000