main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I would put Fallen Kingdom as the second best as well like I said in the other thread

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I've put JWFK as my third favourite behind JP and JP: TLW

3. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I hate TLW honestly. Although I haven't seen it as an adult I just dont have good memories about it. We saw it at a drive-in movie theater as a kid. My dad and bro were out on the grass, my bro was loving it. Probably still is his favorite one. Me? I was in the van to scared to look at those coppy things and severed hands. So yeah, I just dont like watching it

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is my ranking as well.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The Lost World is on Netflix right now. Not the best movie, but not a bad movie, in my opinion.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  7. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just watched Fallen Kingdom. I thought it was all right; but the biggest question I came out with it was who was that little girl, Maisie? Part of me was kinda of hoping she was related to Ellie Satler and Alan Grant from the original movie, and they'd have a part to play in the next one; but I might have read into it very wrong. This article gives a completely different perspective; and though it's a theory, they might be on to something.

But I think the final movie (if it is indeed supposed to be the absolute, ultimate FINAL Jurassic Park movie), should include the original cast. I'm willing to bet Spielberg and the crew have had that master plan for awhile. Especially considering the ending of Fallen Kingdom. You're not just confined to a small island in the middle of nowhere.

Laura Dern (Ellie Sattler) now
    [​IMG]

Sam Neill (Alan Grant) now
    [​IMG]

Ariana Richards (Lex) now; yeah, she's a beaut; and I could say that since she's 39.
    [​IMG]

Joseph Mazello (Timmy); you might remember him as one of Mark Zuckerberg's roommates in The Social Network.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Iron_lord likes this.
  9. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I read that article and didn't honestly think that but yeah

seeing the old concept art of part 4 where they wanted to do human-dinosaur hybrids for war I guess it makes sense with the direction of this franchise. The military finally gets control of the dinosaurs by combining them with human DNA in order to control them. Some of the sold dinosaurs, dr.wu, and the rival companies will play a part in this. The old cast and new returns in trying to solve Masie or stop Wu or whoever the baddies are. Or at least find the dinosaurs as that's what the ending of the actual book kinda indicates since the dinosaurs who escaped the island were living in the jungle where you could not be found for years which the ending of FK looks like. I know the rumor for the next title is Extinction but why not Jurassic War? It definitely would have the action people crave.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Wasn't it reported though that JW3 won't feature any hybrids?

11. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Yeah well whose gonna stop them? If they can take a plot point from Batman Triumphant and use it for Batman Begins they can take the pieces of JP4 for JW3. Filmmakers find a way...

12. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Very true.

I personally disliked the idea of the hybrids to begin with, the real dinosaurs were good enough. But as someone who has read a lot of Crichton's other works, I could easily see it as something he would do.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    They might as well call it War for the Planet of the Dinosaurs; considering, as I mentioned in the "Last movie you saw" thread, all signs point to the final movie covering the same theme as the last Apes movie.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  14. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I just rewatched it tonight after buying it. I love this movie a lot for some reason. Gorgeous visuals and shots. Along with gorgeous shots of Bryce Dallas Howard...

But yeah, with that article in mind watching this it seems so much like parts of JP4 coming in.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah the JP4 script for the longest time was talking Raptor SWAT team and you can sort of see that element still in Jurassic World somewhere. And even moreso in Fallen Kingdom they're pushing the hybrid mad scientist angle.

Oh did anyone notice on the ads for the home video release of Fallen Kingdom it was kind of the opposite of the theatrical release ad campaign. That was very heavy on the volcano and park exploding 1st half, the home video release is very heavy on IndoRaptor stalk and chase in mansion 2nd half. I guess when you got a movie that's basically split in two you can do one for each marketing phase hahahah

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I wonder if anyone's done a video matching the obvious nods in Fallen Kingdom to the original JP; like Lex closing herself in that little cabinet with the raptor chasing her in the kitchen as well as the T-Rex fighting the raptor in the climactic scene at the end.

17. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Woohoo, got the Blu-Ray. Looking forward to diving into the special features.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  19. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    That is one of the most oddest, unflattering, and weirdest centerpieces I have ever seen yet I slightly want one.

Do they have Grant and the Triceratops perhaps?

Darth Smurf likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Of course, you could become a JCC legend and pose like that and show everyone.

21. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Not in a Jurassic or Cretaceous period of time

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I actually saw that on display at NYCC. I know they already had Malcolm in the same pose as a Funko Pop a while back. Great for the ladies I'm sure. I was more impressed by the T-rex Rotunda statue that the same collectibles company had on display.

[​IMG]

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    guys his shirt is open because he was almost mauled by a T-Rex okay? He was undergoing medical care by the Doctor Hammond and the "Clever girl" guy.

24. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Really want to watch fallen kingdom again but it’s not out on blu-ray until November in the UK :(

25. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I found these pretty funny:

Amazingly, the one that lampoons Fallen Kingdom makes no mention of the scene where the old guy tells the assistant to call the cops on himself. That was one for the ages.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Daft-Vader likes this.