main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before the Saga Just a spoonful of trouble - UDC IX

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit', Apr 27, 2020.

1. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    That is fantastic! :D

Kit' likes this.
  2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Many thanks to both @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and @Healer_Leona for both reading over these and graciously letting me borrow their characters. I went slightly over the word count (okay, very over the word count) with Monastery and a little over with the others but I couldn't edit them down. Next week I'll try to get them closer to the 100 word limit. I also tried adding my own theme on top of the wonderful word theme from @Briannakin - hopefully it's a little obvious :)

Week V
    – Safe and Sacred Spaces

Temple

The spires of the Jedi Temple shone in the afternoon light of Coruscant. It dominated the skyline, four pillars of light on a planet of concrete and steel. Kit watched the speeders hurtle by below her. She heard the door creak open and felt, rather than saw, T’lor lean against the rail beside her.

“I’m not going to do anything stupid,” she said still staring out over the edge.

“I know, I just thought I’d check. You haven’t been the same since Master Zahalin died.”

“I’ll get better. I promise. I just like it up here.”

They stood in silence. Up here the city played its orchestra until it filled her soul and left no thoughts of what she had done. Of what she had become.

Sanctuary -

She was beautiful. Clear, angular lines of metal and freedom.

“She’s a nice ship boy,” Muldeen’s voice sounded behind him, “but you cannot afford it. I could help you out – for a price.”

He shuddered inside, an arrangement with Muldeen was the last thing he wanted. The Mukdah had ripped his whole life away from him and now he wanted to help?

“I’ll work something out.” But it was a lie, he didn’t have enough for her.

“Look kid, I could show you something else more in your price range,” the dealer offered. Boy felt his stomach lurch. This was his ship. This would be his sanctuary. He glanced across at the Mukdah who was making a show of counting credits.

“Alright Muldeen, you’ve got a deal.”

Shrine –

“It’s just in here,” Eena tugged on Theo’s hand pulling him through the jungle. Lush plant life encircled them and there was the raucous calling of parrots overhead.

“You sure you know where you’re going?” he asked swatting at an overhanging branch. She laughed and simply pulled him further down the narrow track. The next second Theo found himself in a clearing, the ground soft and green with moss beneath his feet and a statue of the goddess Tiviali staring at him.

“This is where you played as a kid?”

“Yes, and this is where I want to get married.”

“You want to get married?” His heart beat faster.

“Yes, silly. I want to get married to you.”

She reached up and kissed him and he could swear the Goddess smiled.

Monastery -

The birds swooped and soared overhead, surfing the currents under the warm rays of the sun. Chindi turned to give her sister a hand up over the rocky slopes. The bundle she was carrying mewed, a tiny weak sound.

“I don’t know if I can do this.”

“We have to do it Narem, the baby will be fine. The Jedi will take care of her.”

Chindi gripped her sister’s hand for the last long stretch to the monastery door. The road, which had been so steep before was now a smooth level path.

“We have to give her a name.”

“Narem.”

“We have to give her something. I’ll write it on the scrap of flimsy, then they’ll know that we loved her.”

“Fine. What will you call her?”

“Namia. After her mother.”

Chindi smiled and squeezed her sister’s hand. She put the baby down on the gate step. Rang the bell, and,without a backward glance, she led her sister home.

Pilgrimage -

Turning her hood up against the rain Leona bustled out into the crowded footpath. Bodies brushed against hers, wet boots slapping against oily puddles that reflected the neon lights above, creating rainbows on the footpath. She braced herself against the chatter and press of bodies. It was always worth it even when a trip like this would render her a soggy mess. She pushed open the door and nodded as Nedri acknowledged her. She slid into the tiny booth and the next second he put the much-desired item down in front of her. Stealing herself she opened the lid. It was exactly as she’d imagined. She smiled and raised it to her mouth to take the first slow sip.

Double strength caff.

Bliss.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Temple: :( I've only recently "met" Namia and I ACHE at the thought of her loss; I can only imagine Kit's feelings.

Shrine: SQUEE! Lovely moment between Eena and Theo.

Pilgrimage: [face_laugh] thanks for ending on this light, very relatable moment!

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Kit' and Kahara like this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but I just love how softly powerful this set was! Your theme of safe and sacred spaces really captured the essence of the prompts and carried through all your drabbles, each in their own way! Perfect! [face_love] =D=

&

I love how safety and healing and freedom was all tied to a tangible place - or ship - in both of these!

And the shrine here was as much as it was the sacred place of worship as it was their love, and the sense of their union being blessed. Beautiful! [face_love]

Oh this just broke my heart! Such a hard choice, but that love is what's moving them to give Namia her best chance for the future.

Bliss, indeed! I coule identify with this drabble in particular. ;) [face_love]

Thanks for sharing another awesome set with us! I enjoyed every one! =D=

5. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Aww thank you. Yeah, I'm writing the story where Namia dies at the moment and it's slow going because as I near the end I know I have to write that scene and I just can't bring myself to do it. The only thing that it's tempered by is that Namia will still exist in USJS and that I get to write a hopefully slowly growing relationship between Eena and Theo that will get them to that point in at the Shrine.

Glad you liked pilgrimage, it was kind of fun to make the coffee sound like some dangerous treasure item :p

Thank you for your amazing feedback [face_love]@};- I have been really enjoying trying to find an additional way of tying the stories together. I tried for two with this one, the concept of places being sacred or safe and also if you look really closely each one has a different element (light, metal, life, wind, water/rain). I so wanted to make it a bit more obvious but I was already so far over the word limit! :_|

6. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    This is such a lovely set, and I love how you used both sets of themes.

They were all really beautifully written, but there are a few lines that stood out for me:

Lovely description!

This is a beautiful description too. I can see it. And such a sweet moment for Eena and Theo too! [face_love]

And this one too. [face_love] Can you tell I have a thing for scene-setting, beautiful descriptions? :p

And I loved the little plot twist in "Pilgrimage". Who wouldn't brave messy weather and rain for coffee? [face_laugh] Great work on all of these!

7. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thank you! It was fun and difficult to try and fit a description of the setting in the 100* words. I'm glad you liked them and that it meant you too could see the scene. Also yes, a good coffee is worth the rain!

*So didn't hit 100 words with any of them.

Kahara likes this.
  8. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Again not a single one close to the 100 words. I was kind of aiming for all of these take place on the same night (albeit a very long one - although once you're up in space it's a bit hard to tell what's day and what's night anyway :p. Also played with the Oder of the words - oops.

Week VI - One Dark and Stormy Night

Storm

He ran. Wet boot treads smacking on the temple floor. He cursed himself. Why had she left now? Why hadn’t he felt something? Lightening crackled across the skyline, the start of the winter storms that plagued Coruscant. He cursed the meeting that had gone too long and had meant he’d missed the messages. At her apartment, he keyed in the pin and the door hushed open. Her belongings were a mess, hurriedly discarded as she’d made her escape. He moved silently, desperately, trying to find a note – something that told him where she was. He righted a holo frame, knocked over in her hasty escape and found a grinning picture of them both. Qui-Gon’s knees gave way underneath him. He crumbled to the floor, his heart breaking as the thunder rumbled.

Frost

Icy pellets of rain flicked against her skin. She didn’t know where exactly she was on darker depths of the planet, all she knew was that she was cold to her core. She gripped her bag tighter. Inside the baby kicked her hard and she winced at the pain. She had no money, no home and no job and the baby would be here soon.

You could always go back. Her brain whispered to her. It had all seemed so brave and honourable when she’d been standing in the Council chambers but it had been nothing but noble idiocy. She wasn’t going to go back. She couldn’t bear to see their smug faces. The rain pelted harder and Kit dug in her bag for the one lifeline she had remaining. The paper was fragile with age but it was also her last and only hope.

Rogue

He looked at her, wet and shivering in his ship’s mess. He never thought he’d see her again, not after that day. But when the comms patch had come through he’d picked up, even as he’d cursed himself a fool for doing so. He owed her, that much was true, but the debt was too big, too burdensome to bear. He could never make up for what he’d done. He put a mug of hot chocolate down in front of her and draped a blanket over her shoulders. She gave him a pathetic, drowned rat smile as she clasped the mug and balanced it on her heavily pregnant belly. Del sighed.

“Look, this is a one-time thing okay?”

Beast

“I hate you.” The young, blonde passenger glowered, her face red and strained.

“You’re going to have to push soon,” her father’s voice was calm in the face of the woman’s anger. From the other side of the room she watched the proceedings in fascinated horror. Her father had said something about transporting a pregnant lady across the galaxy but it was clear that no-one had expected the baby to come now.

“It’s all your fault. You’re a monster. I hate y-” the word was cut off and the woman’s face went white.

Estra looked at her father wondering why he didn’t bite back. She winced as the woman bellowed. It’d be okay. Soon they’d drop this woman at her destination and then they would never have to see her again.

Angel

Long black lashes framed the tiny face. She looked down at the squished head and smiled. She was bone achingly tired, her body stretched and pulled in a thousand directions. Her daughter had come two weeks early, almost as if she too wanted the same freedom as her mother. The tiny, red ever hungry mouth sought the comfort of a fist and the baby murmured.

“Have you thought of a name? He was there leaning against the door, holding a cup of caff. She should be grateful that he’d found her but there was still a kernel of resentment for all the pain he’d caused. She looked down at her daughter again, swaddled in old towels against the cold of space. After a long moment, she leant forward and kissed the baby’s head.

“Zallie.”

Angel.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Heart-tuggingest set yet, especially in the order you put them!!! Qui-Gon's desperate hurry only to find her gone in Storm, and Kit's leave taking filled with I can't go back, but still feeling a sense of loss. :(

Del's feelings of I've caused you too much grief -- how can I ever make that right came through clearly also.

Their journey from "temporary" pragmatic allies to something more is intriguing!!! [face_batting]

amidalachick, Kahara and Kit' like this.
  10. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    I second @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha's comment about this being the heart-tuggingest set!

Poor Kit! :( I feel for her, on both a physical and an emotional level. This drabble, and Qui-Gon's grief and desperation in the first one, were really powerful.

I also love how there's such a sense of desperation and urgency in the first four, and then it ends with a calm peace in "Angel". And I love that Zallie's name means "angel". Beautiful work on all of these. [face_love]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Kit hurrying away with Qui-Gon following her and not able to get her and a nice ending with Zallie

12. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    So all the confusion about the word thrush as a word lead to this week's drabbles. Now I don't talk like this everyday but there are things in here that I use that I know will confuse the pants off people who've never visited Australia and even those who have. Australia has a very unique language in that we speak English but we have formal english, casual english and bogan or ocker english. We also swear, a lot.

Because my brain wouldn't let go of the idea of writing it all in ocker english, I think I might have *ahem* forced some of the stories to meet the words a little. Hopefully that doesn't get me into too much trouble. Also this is a bowerbird. They collect blue objects and make a nest called a bower to attract a mate. Australia has lots of beautiful birds like the lyrebird, the brolga and cheeky ones like magpies and kookaburras.

So enjoy, hopefully there are enjoy contextual clues for it to make sense. If not there are lots of Aussie slang translators out there. Also, just to say it again - we have never and will never tell you to toss another shrimp on the barbie.

This is very early in Del and Kit's story arc, about two years after Kit leaves the temple.

Week VII - Lost in translation

The Land (Bight)

“Are you sure this is where we’ll find the perfect present for Eena’s baby’s naming day?” Kithera could barely keep the scepticism from her voice. The dry, red soil of this arid planet had felt like it had invaded her soul and the flies and the constant, never-ending heat only made it worse. The little shack they were heading to sat on the edge of a great bay, a soft curve filled with shallow water, completely at odds with the dry, unforgiving land on which they stood.

“You’ll like Gazz’a.” Del said with a wry smile, “he’s a regular bowerbird, always collecting things.”
    Kithera wondered what a bowerbird was, but Del was already ahead of her, pushing open the shed’s ramshackle door.

The Bowerbird (Thrush)

“Del!” The scruffy looking man greeted them both as soon as the door swung shut behind them. Dressed in a grubby blue singlet that barely contained his beer gut and the pair of even grubbier shorts, he smiled at them as they entered the cool gloom.

“How’s life Gazz’a?” Del asked greeting his friend warmly.

“'Sallright.” The man slapped Del heartily on the back, “been flat out like a lizard drinking.”

“What about your off-sider?”

“Yeah nah. Dav-O? Gizka loose in the top paddock that one. Guy couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery. ‘had to drop ‘im. Just me and the missus now. See you got your own sheila now Del.”

The Bower (Barrel)

Kit stood in the half gloom wondering what language the man was speaking. Half of it seemed to be basic, but it’s rapid pace and the inflections at the end of each sentence was confusing. Del laughed, totally at ease.

“Yeah, this is Kit. She’s my partner.” The man moved around Del and grasped Kit’s hand in his rough, warm one, shaking it vigorously.

“Bonza, where’s the anklebiters?”

“Back on The Lady.”

“Beaut. Anyway, you’re not here to milk spiders. Del said you were after a prezzy.”

“Uh, yes?” Kit said as Del nodded vigorously in the background.

“Bonza. Let me show you around. Welcome to me bower.”

Finding treasures (Key)

Kit ran her fingers down the edge of the counter. In front of her was a dazzling array of objects from across the universe. There seemed to be no order to the objects, they were just crammed into whatever space was available.

“’ave a gander,” Gazz’a said holding up a trinket. Kithera picked up the tiny necklace which sparkled even in the gloom.

“It’s beautiful.”

“It’s yours love.”

“I don’t have anything to pay you with.”

“She'll be right love, I owe Del and he seems to have scrubbed up alright since you came along.”

She frowned, not sure what he meant. She worked with Del but there was nothing else to their relationship. Gazz’a left her holding the necklace and rummaged in a drawer, pulling out a long brass key.

“There she is, cheeky little blighter. Now if we chuck a u’ey I’ll show you something really spesh.”

The prize (Vintage)

They sat in the mismatched chairs around the old dining table. Gazz’a sheila had turned out to be called Cheryl and was a kind woman who offered endless tea and things called piklets, lamingtons and pavlovas. The item sat on the table, tucked neatly into a box and surrounded with paper to keep it safe. Gazz’a had declared it to nearly be as old as the bower itself, and had stroked the toy’s soft head almost reverently. He’d left to talk shop with Del, leaving Cheryl to natter away at Kit.

“Doesn’t often give stuff away, does my fella.” Cheryl patted Kit’s arm, “but just quietly he’s got a soft spot for your Del.”

“He’s not my Del,” Kit protested. Cheryl smiled at her and winked as she passed another pavlova.

“Give ‘im time love. Give ‘im time.”

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice meeting Del's friends. They seem a cheery, warm, hospitable couple. LOL Cheryl can tell something is promising between Kit and Del even if they don't realize it yet.

Kit' and Kahara like this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love that language. It's relaxing for Del and Kit too

15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Yep, two very down to earth people (literally) who have the wisdom that comes with age when you can see that people's behaviour says a lot more than their words or even what they'll admit too. [face_thinking][face_cowboy]

Thank you! I'm glad that you love the language and that it worked. There are some parts of Australian ocker English that's almost incomprehensible even to someone whose grown up in it - I made sure I didn't go that far!

Kahara likes this.
  16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I LOVED these - what a way to take the confusion over thrush, and bight too (which can really boil down to confusion over the unique lingo of the fandom I borrowed prompts from, even :p), and make it so uniquely your own as inspiration. This has been my favorite set yet! :D =D=

Beautiful! And, honestly, the landscape even felt a bit Australian there. [face_love]

Oh my goodness, but what a character! I loved Gazz'a's lingo and turn of phrase - and could follow it, even if I had to read a little slow sometimes. It was a great way to work in the thrush prompt too! Loose associations to the prompts are far from frowned on - the more clever the authors are, the better. ;) =D=

I loved the sort of magpie feel to this! (And a bowerbird is new to me too!) The ambiance and setting was just as fascinating to read as the dialogue between Kit and Del. [face_love]

Aw! A beautiful way to wrap everything up and tie it all together. [face_love]

=D=

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thank you :) The thrush thing just made me laugh so hard when I first read it but at least it all worked out for the best in that it set up these amazing drabbles!

Yay! The landscape of Australia is so iconic. I don't live where the red dust is but on the coast which is green/gray bush when it's not bone dry which is when it becomes yellow. The heat out west does get into your soul though but on the coast it's almost permanent humidity - great for a curly/wavy haired girl like me.

Glad you could follow it. We have some definitely strange turns of phrase in Australia. My favourite curse is "I hope your chooks turn to emus and kick your dunny (outside toilet) door down".

Thank you! And yes, bowerbirds are amazing. They aren't the prettiest or make the most beautiful noise but the fact the male has to literally make a nest that the girl either approves of or doesn't in order to mate is pretty cool. My mum has one on her property and for a while she had blue pegs and then suddenly the pegs were gone and there was a very happy bowerbird strutting around. Now she makes sure not to buy blue pegs or risk her washing blowing away.

18. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] So do we (Canadians), despite our reputation for politeness. Maybe it's a Commonwealth thing. [face_mischief]

Anyway this was a really fun set! And so sweet too. I love how you used all the Australian slang and the bowerbird.

You really have a way with descriptions, I can picture this so clearly!

Love Gazz'a and Cheryl too! They feel so real and come across as the type of people who are warm and welcoming and a joy to be around. [face_love]

Awww! Great way to wrap this set up.

Fantastic job on these! =D=

19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    That is indeed an interesting insult. I may have to add it to the collection of funny insults which I am building for fanfic purposes.

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  20. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I like how your interpretation of this week's drabbles focused so much on regional variations of language. I think it really helped me "hear" the story and the characters in my head, especially a line of dialogue like this:

“’ave a gander,” Gazz’a said holding up a trinket.

Thanks for exploring some of the unique style and quirks language can develop. I had fun reading your response to these prompts:)

21. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Week VIII - The Queen of Cups

One cup for madness and one for grief
    Two cups for true love and three for the thief
    But the cup that is burnished with silver and gold
    Can only be taken by she who is bold

One cup for madness (Cup)

Every time she closed her eyes there was blood, and screaming and fear. She’d cut him down but the fear felt like it had melted into her.

“Here,” the barkeep shoved a rough clay cup in her hands and draped something warm and rather itchy around her shoulders, “drink that.”

Kithera took one swig and coughed as the coarse liquid burned down her throat. She felt her Master’s hand on her shoulder. She realised she was shivering but not from cold.

“You couldn’t have stopped him, padawan. People like that lost themselves long ago. You did what you had to so that you could protect the others.”

Kithera nodded but it was an empty gesture. She could still taste the bitter fear on her tongue and in her soul.

One for grief (Mug)

“What do we do about him?” Jor’oune was cleaning out one of the smooth ceramic mugs that called The Drunken Nerf home. Bess looked up from where she’d been trying to unstick a rather old piece of stim gum and shrugged.

“Leave him love, our Del is mourning.”

“Mourning what? He’s free of Him and he has the kidlets to care for ‘n’ all.” The publican gestured towards where Nicco slept, sprawled on the pub’s dusty and rather threadbare couch, Estra’s head pillowed on his stomach.

“Love my sweetness,’ Bess said with a sad smile, “he’s lost his love.”

“Won’t find love in a cup,” Jor’oune grumbled, “only sadness.”

Two cups for true love (Glass)

The air twinkled with happiness and raised glasses that shimmered with liquid light. Estra threw her arms around F’kisi and kissed him passionately as the crowd cheered. Above them in the clearning the goddess Tiviali smiled. Kit leaned across Del to grin at Eena.

“Look at our daughter,” she grinned, “isn’t she happy? Isn’t F’kisi handsome?”

“The Goddess has certainly smiled upon you,” Eena said grinning back.

“I just wish she’d stop smiling,” Del said looking around at his brood as they chased and teased each other across the wedding grove floor, “I think this family has had enough blessings when it comes to children.”

Three for the thief (Goblet)

“What are you doing here?” The guard rounded on Quin who tried to smile charmingly.

“Uh, nothing sir.” Inside she was squirming, hoping he didn’t notice the bulge of a silver cup in each pocket. Quin pushed blonde curls out of her face and tried grinning again. It usually worked.

“Scram back to your mother, before I make you.”

She nodded, smiling even wider and bolted from the hall, pausing long enough to grab the third tiny, smooth, silver cup from the stand. She heard the guard grunt and give chase but she was faster and smaller and far better at getting lost in the crowd. She grinned as she ran, three cups. Her Mama and her Da would be proud.

She who is bold (Chalice)

“This is where we go.” Del watched Kit speak, her face all serious. He loved it when she was planning, the way she bit her bottom lip when she was deep in thought. “If we go early in the evening they’ll be changing the guards. Nicco, Estra and F’kisi go through here.”

“Not Estra, not while she’s with child.” Del reminded her. There was a thwack as rolled up flimsy came down on his head.

“Pregnant, not dying.”

“She's right,” Kit’s expression was an admonishment, “Nicco, Estra and F’kisi go here. You, the twins and Quin through here. Zallie and I over the top.”

“All this for a cup?”

“The Queens’ Chalice, my sweet. The richest and most expensive cup this side of the galaxy. Enough credits to fix The Lady and buy two new ships besides.”

“In that case, let fortune and Tiviali favour the bold.”

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and Kahara like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super range of moods and great use of the prompts!! We go from bone-deep sorrow to happy celebrating to ... scoundrelish planning -- they really ARE a family of scoundrels [face_laugh]

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see Kit and her family again

24. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I realised early this morning (1 am wake up anyone?) that I hadn't replied to people. :_|

Definitely a Commonwealth thing. :p Once away from the "mother country" the children get up to all sorts of mischief :D Glad you enjoyed them. It was definitely fun to try and fit as much aussie slang in there although difficult not to include all the variants on a swear word!!!

Do it! Maybe we should have a challenge where you have to include some of the more creative Australian insults into a fanfic [face_laugh]

We could go with things like:
    "It's a bit suss"
    "Pull your head in"
    "Stop faffing around"

Aww, thank you! There is such a weird variety of Australian slang that it actually stops a lot of our digital media being exported overseas as we have to be subtitled o_O

Always and definitely! Think Kithera loves it because no-one is going to yell at her for using her talents for less than lightside means [face_love]

Glad you enjoyed it :) Thanks for coming along for the ride @};-

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I saw that Star Trek/Shakespeare reference in there!

"May fortune...favor the bold."

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Kit' like this.