main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Just Announced 4 Years Ago: Andor!! It's happening now!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BobaMatt, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The post credit scene upset my husband as he was busy and planned to watch it later, but I was shocked and said it out loud! Way to spoil it!!

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    First two episodes of Andor on ABC right now, I'm basically watching both East Coast and West Coast feeds for two viewings

3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Good episode.

Good series.

Now the REAL question, which speech is the best?

4. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Maarva's rebel speech from episode 7.

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    It is impressive how this show highlights and puts a focus on not only common people but instead of heroic tales which focus on "what people did do" this show is all about what people "didn't do or can't do". And it is not about overcoming the "can not do" but the living with it and what comes from it.

Andor can't find his sis.
    Corpos can't behave like the Empire.
    The Empire can't keep control.
    Syril can't let go.
    Saw can't get involved.
    Luthen can't be a morally good hero due to the reality of the tools of the Empire he has to use.
    Prisoners can't get out.
    Kino Loy can't swim.
    Mon Mothma can't do a lot despite a golden cage.
    Anto Kreegyr can't survive.
    etc.
    Cassian can't hold his mom's brick.
    Vel and Cinta can't kill Cassian.
    etc.

6. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Wow, what a ride. That wasn't just good Star Wars, that was a genuinely amazing show from start to finish. Bravo to everyone involved.
    In a series that has really represented the best of what Star Wars could be, Maarva's speech - followed closely by Brasso cracking that Imperial in the head with Brick Maarva - is one for the hall of fame.
    It's going to be a long wait for next season.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Don't know if anyone brought this up earlier, but I just noticed...

Cinta...Vel...Sintas Vel?

8. Riv_Shiel

Apr 12, 2014
    I've noticed it, as well (and it makes it hard for me to get the characters full names right in my head). I lean towards coincidence, but who knows.

9. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    This show has been somewhat of a revelation. The tone, production design and subtlety are all something I knew that the franchise was capable of, but it’s not something I’d ever thought I’d see on screen. It’s good to have a season of a show to point to as exactly what ‘serious’ SW should be (not that it should always be serious).

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Scarif

11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think it may be Geonosis.

12. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Geonosis is blood-red from orbit, while the planet in the mid-credits scene was Earth-like with bigger landmasses (which seems to rule out Scarif, as that has much smaller landmasses).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I am going off the previously established sources like Catalyst and Rebels that show that is one of the place construction took place. Not saying I am right...just what I base my guess on.

14. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    I haven't checked for myself, but I've heard that the the episode's audio subtitles explicitly call it Scarif.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Death Star/Stardust project would have Been moved from Geonosis by now. Sure we see some construction still on Geonosis two years later.

16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I would be against Scarif simply due to all the traffic around the planet. 2 ISDs, the shield gate, a planetary garrison and all the shuttles coming and going would be a lot of people to see what is going on and talk to people who talk to people, etc...Serious security risk there.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Alpha-Red like this.
  17. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Why is the Empire always building important military projects out in remote areas where it's easy for Rebels to attack? We've got the TIE Defenders on Lothal, and now the Death Star. If they simply built these in the Core or Deep Core, then there's no way the Rebels could touch them.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe they'd be safer from direct military assaults, maybe not. If the location was known it would be a lot more vulnerable to infiltration and sabotage.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Also, these are secret military projects.

20. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Okay then, Deep Core. That gives you secrecy and it would be out of reach of the Rebels.

I'd also point out that the TIE Defender facility on Lothal had all the downsides of being a remote location, and was not a secret to anyone either.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In terms of detection, the Empire has a pretty good track record. The Death Star was found but not before it was operational. DS2? The Emperor wanted it found.

If there's one consistent thread running through this first series, it is that the Empire is, despite bureaucratic infighting, very competent at its main business. And that's scary and should be scary.

22. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    I've got an impression that TIE Defender program in NU Canon was mostly just Thrawn's pet project and Arihnda was his only ally that would provide the Chiss with factories and workers, hence Lothal was chosen.

23. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
  24. Riv_Shiel

Apr 12, 2014
    Scarif makes little sense as the location for them to work on the Death Star. It is where they keep the structural archives - it isn't a construction site. And it seems to be a trafficked area - not a location for a secret project.

Ghost, Sarge and JediFett10 like this.
  25. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's been established as Scarif since the Rogue One guide, and it's because Scarif is remote; it became too costly to ship materials out of there all the way to the Core, but it worked much better as a classified projects area.

darklordoftech likes this.