main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Just Announced 4 Years Ago: Andor!! It's happening now!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BobaMatt, Nov 8, 2018.

1. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Hopefully it won't be too connected in the first season. I'd love to see Qi'ra, Ahsoka, the Ghost crew, etc. at some point, but not all at once.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Qira in Andor would work great in first season as Andor Cassian must work with criminal gangs and Qira as new leader by this point. Maybe they explain in this show why they disappeared.

3. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Qi'ra I'd be very happy to see.
    And I believe you're aware of the set photos featuring a Crimson Dawn symbol.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess its why I think Crimson Dawn and Qira will be in it, but I think by now Maul is gone.

5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    There were rumours that Andy Serkis was on set for Andor.

I don’t believe it, but I’d laugh if Snoke showed up in one of the few series that hasn’t been bombarded with ST fan theories.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  6. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I very much doubt it's real.

But having Serkis play a volunteer for Pershing's experiments would be an interesting way to tie things together.

Andor is set in 5 BBY, whereas Twilight of the Apprentice apparently takes place in 3 BBY, two years later.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Daneira likes this.
  7. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Realistically if he was there, he could have just been in an advisory capacity with performance capture as he’s done a few times before with the Avengers and Godzilla.

But I would be amused if he’s outright playing Snoke in the seemingly least relevant project.

VexedAtVohai and Daneira like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sure but Maul has said he been there on Malachor for years so two years seems like good enough time to let him be there for sometime.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if we could see some clones in this show if it id to tie with clone wars, Cody, bad batch ?

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if we could get some jedi nito this show other then the obvious cameo ones like, Ahsoka, Kenobi. I love a live action Kanan if they us a cameo of him each season. Maybe Cal if they want of a live action Vos. Maybe a new jedi. I know Andor might not a have seen any jedi before, but they can wiggle around that. 5 years before Yavin is good to still have some jedi other then we know of still around.

11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’d be perfectly fine if we didn’t see any Jedi or Sith and this remained the Spy thriller they’re promoting it as.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've stopped believing anything Lucasfilm promotes at this point since what they promote never tends to end up what the final product is.

Not a good or bad thing just a trend I notice.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    But he has to meet & greet Ahsoka, Maul, Obi-Wan, Kanan, and Vader! Also guest starring some inquisitors and Grogu at least twice. If they don't include characters with lightsabers we won't know it's Star Wars.

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Honestly why not.

I think the whole "Small Universe" complaint is silly anyway.

It's Star Wars OF COURSE it's a "Small Universe"

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A lightsaber will be ignitated here like in Rogue One as this a prequel to it, its simple confirms it plus we saw in solo and Mandalorian. I hope we see live action Kanan as we Will see Ezra in Ahsoka. Ahsoka is likley, Darth Vader will happen. Inqusitors if they want connected with Rebels and Kenobi it will happen. It is said to be one big story and connected with rebels, solo and Rogue One

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  16. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    “Rogue One is a war film” Rogue One ends up being a war film.

“Solo is a heist film” Solo ends up being a heist film.

“The Mandalorian is inspired by Westerns.” Mandalorian ends up basically being a 1950s western series with a few Samurai influences.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I don't really see Rogue One as just a War film honestly.

Solo seems more of a western mixed with Heist Film.

Again don't tend to agree with the trend.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2021
  18. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    How accurate the "marketing" is really depends on what you pay attention to, because a lot of the ideas people get seem to come from off-the-cuff remarks in interviews.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also remember Rogue One had Darth Vader.

Solo had Darth Maul.

Mandalorian Had Gidoen with the Dark saber at end of the season and later we see Jedi like Ahsoka and Luke.

Andor will likley have jedi or sith with lightsabers.

20. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I honestly think it’s more your ignorance in those genres than anything.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A spy thriller can aslo easily have sith going after Rebels or one of the jedi rebels being huted down.

22. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    But it doesn't need it. We have The Acolyte coming, which is apparently a kind of spy thriller with Force-users. I'm sure a lightsaber will be ignited once or twice, but having Jedi be too prominent would detract from what the setting is supposed to be, I feel.

Riv_Shiel and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Its why I said jedi cameo like Kanan, as he's mostly with the ghost crew, but for an episode we could see him in Andor, like we saw Ahsoka in Mandalorian. Have an episode each season of 12 episode with a jedi and the other 11 is just rebel. Darth Vader cameo will be here and there we probaly see mustafar too.

And acolyte will be as mutch jedi as at will have politics. So I think a rebels story with politics a d jedi works good. We know that the rebel alliance have jedi in ta ranks and could be more then what rebels showed us.

24. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    The Bad Batch has been pretty much Force-free since the first five minutes of the first episode. I'm totally good with Andor being very similar, on the other side of the PT/OT gap.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But we did see a jedi, and i think we see another jedi in bad batch season 2, so do't be surprised when we see jedi in either season one or two of Andor.