main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Just Announced 4 Years Ago: Andor!! It's happening now!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BobaMatt, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I like Inferno Squad. I think Iden and Del are fun characters, and they have the advantage of being modeled after the likenesses of actual people.

my kind of scum and BobaMatt like this.
  2. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I also really enjoyed Iden and Del, along with the rest of the Battlefront 2 campaign. I want more stories of them. I'd like to see the period between the novel and game filled in, as well as a couple gaps during the game's pre Jakku storyline. Seeing a more in depth look at Iden and Del becoming a part of the Rebellion would be very interesting. Also, there's a lot of story potential post Jakku. In think they're good characters and they should have more stories.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think he's arguing that the quality of the campaign wound up being drowned out by the controversy surrounding the lootbox fiasco and thus "tainted" the characters. It'd be unfair, but hardly atypical of big-business thinking, although AFAIK there's no evidence to actually support it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    oh, right. I only recently got the game and played through the campaign in the fall. So I missed the whole loot box problem.

5. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I actually read for the first time, that this show will be a spy thriller. That really excites me. I'd love to see a spy in Star Wars

6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I knew there was a reason I loved Kaz, he is just Cassian without the perfection of Diego Luna's visage. :D Seriously though Kaz is precious

8. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Really? Cuz over in the Resistance thread:

9. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Maybe find other things to do then track my statements and try to catch me in a lie. Go work in politics

FYI . I feel much differently about Resistance nowadays and Resistance is a piss-poor “spy” story. Kaz is a joke. Cassian would make a good spy and this show will probably a limited series. These things are too expensive to have multi-series’s like the animated shows. A spy story can be told in a 10 episode season story.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "I'll be there for you. Disney said I have to."

Slight panic about "but will this werk with the Cassian / K-2 special one shot comic" here. Slight. Could already be buddies by this point.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The hype is real.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Well, the comic is supposedly set 3-4 years before RO, so here’s a lot of room for it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree there's plenty of timeline room but "how I met my robot buddy" seems like a prime story for a TV miniseries as opposed to just 48 pages. And I actually really dig the comic, he just rebooted him a lot, that's kinda gold. Maybe an adaptation of the issue for an episode?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  14. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I think they could start the series with K2 already a sidekick, but do flashbacks to fragments of that comic story. That way you get the "origin story" onscreen but you can also play the flashbacks off as "unreliable narrator" stuff if they don't fully jibe with the comic. I think that'd work just fine (and ironically make the onscreen stuff less "canon" than the comic for once, which is comedy gold).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The half-lean in on "These are prisoners" is so great, you can tell Kaytwo is making it up on the spot.

[​IMG]

16. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Has the timeframe been pinned down? I've not seen anything, though the comic refers to the Alliance, so it'd probably have to be 2 BBY onward.

17. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The Alliance has been a thing for a while, even before Mon Mothma declared it in Rebels. She just made it public and known to the Empire.

18. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    The rebellion was, but the actual Alliance to Restore the Republic was formalized then. So any reference to "the Alliance" is to that.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

From Variety

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    (cross forum post quip)

How long until Gilory kicks Stephen Schiff off and takes over as show runner? "Hey, I thought this was how it worked! Edwards, get me a fresh cup of coffee!"

Daneira likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    double post but my above jokey post might actually be legit

they keep pulling Gilory back in when he says he out to save Rogue One (ish stuff).

Eh, just a rumour. Funny to contemplate on, though.

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    FWIW "the show wasn't good enough" isn't the only story out there.

Spoiler box just 'cause it's big.
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Jid123Sheeve like this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Hey as long as this show happens they can take as much time as they need.

24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Hopefully before Diego Luna starts noticeably aging past his 2016 appearance.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    you'd think so but Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad's El Camino had actors who had aged way past their last appearance in a prequel timeline and you really don't mind at all. It can be jarring if you focus on it but the narrative being good makes up for it.

anyway, I'm interesting in seeing how Schiff / Gilory work together, if it'll be a combined vision sort of like when Gilory took the reigns on Rogue One but Edwards was still around.

Anyway, shamelessly stolen from TV forum thread but way apt

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019