main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Just Announced 4 Years Ago: Andor!! It's happening now!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BobaMatt, Nov 8, 2018.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Well Disney Plus has a massive budget right? So they should just CGI Diego from an older movie, maybe Y Tu Mama Tambien, for the entire run. [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN Main - production shut down for now due to coronavirus. Article says they'd been working on it for about 4 weeks.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, ****. Is there anything C19 has not ****ed over by now?

4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    The Mandalorian season 2 sounds like it’s still on track.

Daneira likes this.
  5. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    At this rate they might as well just make the show a sequel.

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious
    broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the rebel voice of
    the late CASSIAN ANDOR.

MOFF GIDEON dispatches secret agents to gather
    intelligence, while SNOKE, the last hope of the First Order, prepares
    for battle against the NEW REPUBLIC.

Meanwhile, the MANDALORIAN goes in search of the
    phantom Rebel, determined to learn his unnatural survival techniques...

Poe Dameron: Somehow... Cassian has returned.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Snap: "Who's returned?"

Poe: "Cassian Andor."

Snap: "And/or who? Palpatine?"

Poe: "..."

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  8. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I hope they don't name the show Star Wars: Agent Andor, or Star Wars: Cassian Andor or anything with Cassian's name in it. A good Rebellion spy show can last long past Cassian's death (and whenever Diego decides to move on) and can easily continue into the ANH-ROTJ period and even post-ROTJ if the show and characters other than Cassian become popular.

I would even go so far as to say that the Star Trek: Picard show put an inherent time limit on the show's longevity just by naming the show 'Picard'. Although I understand why they did it for marketing reasons.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It's only named Casssian now, as it's the lead character. I guess it may be named simillar to Rebels. Only this is a spy thriller. we know that it begins 3 years before Rogue One around the Time Ahsoka helps Rebels with the Inqusitors. I bet one of the plots will revolve around the death star's existance. Sure it could go beyond Rogue one and into OT but then you may run ito problem of recasting Leia.

10. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Come on, Artifact Title is a thing, it doesn't constrain you in any way.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    From The Hollywood Reporter: "Star Wars': Cassian Andor Disney+ Series Adds Two Actors (Exclusive)"

"Genevieve O'Reilly and Denise Gough have joined the cast of Disney+'s untitled Rogue One: A Star Wars Story prequel spinoff series.

The series centers on Cassian Andor, who was the Rebel intelligence officer in Rogue One. Diego Luna is reprising the role for the series, which is set five years before the events of the 2016 movie.

Stellan Skarsgard and Kyle Soller are also cast.

O'Reilly will return to her role as Mon Mothma, the politician who worked to oppose Empire and helped found the Rebel Alliance.

Character details for Gough were not revealed.

While there is no start date for production, the series has undergone some creative shifts. THR has learned that Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote Rogue One, is now showrunning the series, with Stephen Schiff exiting that post.

Gilroy was already part of a writing team that includes brother Dan Gilroy (Nightcrawler), Beau Willimon (House of Cards) and Schiff.

Tony Gilroy will also direct the pilot and possibly a second episode, but like Disney+'s other Star Wars show, The Mandalorian, the goal is to have a stable of directors.

O'Reilly's recent credits include Tolkien and The Kid Who Would Be King. Gough may best best known for her theater work, winning an Olivier Award for her performance in a revival of Angels in America."

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    YES!!! I wouldn't have been surprised if she made had a cameo, but to have her announced this early on is great news. With her around, it's going to feel a lot more like the old school Rebel Alliance.

13. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Five years prior to ANH? Just like Rebels. Wonder if that calls for a hologram cameo from a live action Hera Syndulla. Oh and Ahsoka of course because (if the Mandalorian Rumours are true) she's Star War's answer to Nick Fury.

I suppose with the timeline being relatively close to ANH, it'll make more sense for Cassian to already have K2 with him.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe we'll finally see Dantooine base. Although if the show is set 5 BBY and Mon Mothma only declared her Rebel allegiance in 2 BBY per the Rebels show, I wonder how it's going to work out.

The timeline also works out that Maul can be a recurring antagonist on the show, at least for the first season. (Maul said he was on Malachor for "years" circa 3-2 BBY, and even then he could have been lying about how long he was there.) While Rebels shot down possibilities of Maul in Kenobi with Maul and Kenobi not knowing of each other being alive before 2 BBY, there's nothing preventing Maul from showing up in Cassian's show.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Foreign32567 and MercenaryAce like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Since this takes place during Rebels timline and will probaly go for 4-5 seasons as rebels, we might get some tie ins with Hera abd Ahsoka in live action. Also where is Bail he needs to be in it and Saw.

16. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  17. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    I remember how excited I was when she was cast as Mon Mothma for RotS, and how disappointed I was when she was barely a cameo. It's been really nice to see how that role has grown over the years, and this is pretty much gonna be the peak I guess. It's good both for continuity and for the story effect to have her keep coming back to play the role.

If they can really get Jimmy Smits back too, that will really be something. Now they just need to put Ackbar in there and cast someone as Bel Iblis and get them to recreate that picture from the Essential Guide to Warfare and all the Rebel Leadership Fans can die happy.

18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    If these rumors are true, something tells me we may finally see Live Action Imperial Coruscant. I mean, Bail and Mon Mothma are members of the Imperial Senate in good standing at this point in the timeline. Maybe they'll also bring back all those coward senators from the Rogue One briefing scene.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Here's hoping.

Ghost likes this.
  20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe they'll finally show someone slip and fall off the platforms without railings on Coruscant. Representative Binks, who has issues with clumsiness, for example.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He’s alive in the Aftermath trilogy

22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm sure that trilogy will have as much effect on the Cassian show's content as the Ahsoka novel did on TCW Season 7.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    As long Jar Jar is alive. they won't off him and The Ahsoka novel wasen't really too mutch hurt by TCW.

24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    He'll survive by bouncing off a trampoline in Coruscant's lower levels, where he'll also find Mace Windu who survived ROTS thanks to said trampoline.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well we know falling is no harm done to force users so.