main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Just another shiny saying hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ZV-83, Dec 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Have been a fan of Star Wars since I can remember, (I think ROTJ was the first film I saw in theaters). I remember how much fun it was playing TIE Fighter (always wondered what the cloaked figure's name was) and reading the Stele Chronicles, which lead me to start reading other Star Wars books. I continued to play other games from LucasArts such as Jedi Knight, Rebellion, XvT, XWA, (ran a game tournament based on those games - I go by Griffin in other forums but that shows as taken (did I sign up here decades ago (
    Member Since: Apr 23, 1999) and lost the email lol? I'll gladly take it back if possible hahaha!

...and then life got a little too busy and all that had to stop.

In 2020... well... have had a bit more time on my hands (working from home instead of having to spend 3-4 hours in transit). I have really enjoyed catching up on the Star Wars TV shows shows with my young daughters, and we have been reading many of the new books together (Note: I didn't realize canon had reset until almost October... oops.. was wondering why I kept reading that there were no silver lightsabers anymore...).

Interests include Star Wars theory, books, games, and fanfiction. As to what is ZV-83 - currently writing a little Fan Fiction with my daughter, and ZV-83 is the droid :)

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You mean Canon and Legends! I'm a Huge Legends fan and I was around in '77 so a bit older I am guessing :p Welcome to our humble home! I see you've signed up for adoption and I know @Lady Belligerent will do the right thing for you. Are you guiding your girls in the right direction? I failed with mine, my son though, solid fan like me!

Welcome Mate!!!

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the community. 2020 has given many people a lot of free time

4. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Thank you for the welcome! One is on the light side, the other on the dark side, both are fans :)

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, you have balance......... :p Good work!

6. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    She likes Anakin (Hayden Christensen), and even after ROTS she likes Vader (fairly certain it is the music at that point though). She went through a phase in which she kept changing my playlist to only be the Imperial March. It is a lot of fun :cool:

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome! I am just curious but you listed "Star Wars theory" as an interest. What does that entail?

8. MrJ3ST3R

MrJ3ST3R Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2020
  9. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Writing a fanfic has brought up some interesting questions my daughter and I discuss (it is fun). I also like watching the YouTube channels Star Wars Theory, also watch EckhartsLadder, Lord Callous TV, MetaNerdz Lore, and a few others. If you have any recommendations, please let me know!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome!! It's awesome that your fan interest started way back in the day :cool: So did mine [face_laugh] And RoTJ is my favorite movie. Don't get me started on the SW reboot :rolleyes: ...
    I think you will find many of the fanfictions here of superlative quality [face_love]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Welcome aboard!

I definitely enjoy reading Legends books as well as New Canon ones.

And if you ever want to share the fan fiction you are writing for your daughter (how cool is that) with a broader audience, we have a Fan Fiction section filled with wonderful people:)

12. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Thank you! Happy to share it (aiming for January 2021). We are both learning a lot from the experience of writing it (had no idea how hard it is). After reading what she had started, I arrogantly thought I could help her with character creation, character development, plot, and story arc. Still working on the help part :cool:

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Another fan of Eckhart!! Love his stuff!!

14. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Yeah, the best way to learn about writing is just to keep doing it, and things like character creation, character development, plot, and story arc can be difficult to come up with.

The nice thing is our fanfic section does have some great threads like the "Scribble Pad" where we can talk about some of the challenges we face as writers and help one another grow as writers.

It's one of the wonderful ways that fanfic authors on here can support one another and build a strong community!

Good luck on your writing! :D

clone commander bossk likes this.
  15. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    ZV-83 and devilinthedetails like this.
  16. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
  17. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    You're welcome!

ZV-83 and devilinthedetails like this.
  18. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello again! :)

ZV-83 likes this.
  19. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Hello again Lady Belligerent :) Awesome forums you have here btw!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I can’t take credit for them. There’s an excellent management staff who does all the work. They keep this place orderly and pleasant. :)

ZV-83 likes this.
  21. luicms

luicms Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2020
  22. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Hello luicms! How are you doing?

luicms likes this.
  23. luicms

luicms Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2020
    i'm okay

ZV-83 likes this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Only ok? That is A LOT of our emoticons...........wait........its all the SW Ones! :p

clone commander bossk and ZV-83 like this.
  25. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there SV-83 and welcome to the Jedi Council Forums - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    clone commander bossk and ZV-83 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.