main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Do you mean that it needs to do a bit of work to counter what was set up in BvS?

EDIT: Diggy - because it's 8pm UTC so I can get some racing done online with Europeans. :p

Jedi Merkurian and Diggy like this.
  2. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015

You're looking at the wrong boob. Though I do think it's ridiculous that the armor has that shape, at least Batman and Robin got there first! Thanks, Schumacher!

I did hear the recent Geoff Johns article about needing to correct the course, (in Wall Street Journal I believe?) so here's hoping that can happen, though apparently his involvement starts with Justice League, so we'll have to see. I haven't seen any new trailers yet? I don't much care for fan trailers, mostly because youtube has tons of them and too many try to disguise themselves as official trailers. I am, however, for fan trailers that then drop JOHN CENA on ya. Good times.

3. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    What possible function could protective eyewear serve on a superhero's battlesuit? It makes no sense at all!

seventhbeacon likes this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We'll see who's laughing when Batman easily defeats The Ultraviolet Man.

5. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

"Sick burn!"

I wonder what his schtick is? Giving people skin cancer over long durations of time? "You may have won today, Batman, but in 3-6 days your skin will peel and it will be very gross and get on everything!

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Unless he was welding and or using magnesium grenades/flashbangs in a trolling fashion on the rest of the Justice League.

Which he would do.

Totally would do.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He happens to also be actively attempting to recruit a bloke who lives underwater. Goggles would be useful. As would less vertical head protrusions.

8. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015
    Just as long as we all don't forget to remember he's dressed up like a bat. You know, in super-serious land where everything must be grounded and hyper-real, up to and including one-man war machines who trick-or-treat 24/7/365. I much prefer the simpler conclusion that someone else pointed out somewhere on these boards: he was probably working on his car/gadget and needed them for welder sparks. Why he had to be wearing his costume to do such work... well...

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    You know who should be writing the solo Batman movie? Scott Snyder. All-Star Batman is ridiculously fun.

10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I vote for Alan Moore.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Snyder released a photo of JK Simmons as Commissioner Gordon in the film. Ironically this gave me that feeling of "wow!" That the ensemble photo didn't. Black and white helps of course, but zooming in on my iPhone, it looks like Gordon walked right out of the comic book.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Here's the photo referenced by minch:

[​IMG]

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    That looks like a still from Lars von Trier's Batman.

EDIT: Which is a good thing.

Master_Lok and seventhbeacon like this.
  14. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015
    I love that image. He'll always be JJJ in my heart (not so much the Neo-Nazi from "Oz" or the Yellow M&M, haha), but JK Simmons just looks ideal there.

Scott Snyder, singlehandedly redeeming that surname.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    For some reason, I thought Bryan Cranston was going to be Gordon, but JK Simmons is a great choice too.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Cranston voiced Gordon in Year One.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He was the perfect JJJ.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

And he's now doing the rounds hinting he turned down this live action iteration of Gordon.

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Will they totally use CGI on Darkseid or choose some actor to play him with makeup+CGI?

20. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Wait a few years, the villain for JL is Steppenwolf.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Sorry, I should premise that this thread is a haven from stupid questions Slowpoke. If you're going to ignore the rule about it being a Slowpoke free zone, at least have the decency not to make your stupid questions our problem.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I am pretty sure Darkseid will show his face in the first movie.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    We have literally no idea if Darkseid will appear or not. Nor do we know the look they will go for. Therefore we can only pull our penises out and idly speculate like useless basement dwellers. The speculation leads nowhere go, and probably only just to utterly **** fan trailers that EVERYONE HATES.

Slowpoke, seriously. If you can't post in a way that doesn't confirm your arrested social development, can you not post in this thread? It was specifically created to have discussions without you. I don't understand how you can ignore this; you're unwelcome because of what you post. But you post anyway.

I'll keep reporting your posts and stuff until mods are forced to act. You can only post annoying posts. You are incapable of stopping. Something has to give, and it's unreasonable we should be compromised because you're built in a defective manner.

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    ...okay, but I found a fan trailer where all the cinematic Batmen meet each other and team up against Doctor Manhattan, and it was pretty fun.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003

No, it doesn't need to counter their mini intros in BvS, but I would like the JL movie to make me care about the new characters, which in my opinion, will be a difficult task because Marvel spent time to make me care about Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America where I didn't care about them before. I don't see how DC is going to do it for the other characters in 2 hours, but BvS didn't do any of the characters any favors save for Batman and Wonder Woman a little.