main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  2. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I saw the movie last Saturday. The first time I've seen it since watching it in the theater. I must say I liked it even more this time around.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Zack Snyder Says The Flash Was Originally Going To Get A New Costume By The End Of JUSTICE LEAGUE

[​IMG]

But as it turns out, we weren't actually supposed to see it within the film, Snyder's goal was to let whoever directs the upcoming The Flash solo film have create freedom with it.

Back in January 2017, it was reported that Flash would have more than one costume.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: EZRA MILLER HAS MORE THAN ONE FLASH COSTUME
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I saw the film last month. Whereas I went into the DCEU expecting bad films,

1. I liked WW, the only consensus we’ll-liked DCEU movie, a lot.

2. I loved MoS, whereas previously I had liked it with reservations (I wasn’t sure what to think of Zod, Stamp still being the best).

3. I saw BvS: DOJUE. Loved it.

4. I liked JL, but you had HC’s moustache problem and BA, s fluctuating weight and it was too short. Fun film, good humor, but I’d love to see a Snyder Cut.

5. SS was great, especially JQ and the soundtrack.

6a. I saw JL: War. Loved it. Want to get JL: Origin.

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I saw JL on HBO recently. I went in expecting trash and was completely surprised it was worse than my expectations. Holy crap! Who approves this stuff?

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @The Legions of Lettow - JL: War gets a worse rap than the live action films, it's cool to see someone who appreciates it. While I didn't personally care for it, I think that the DCAU JL films have been mostly good. I don't know how many of the animated originals you've seen, but if you haven't seen them, these are the ones I'd find:

Batman: Under The Red Hood
    Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
    Batman: Year One
    Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (1 and 2)
    Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
    The Death of Superman (new)

7. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Thanks.

I liked War better than the live action Frankenmovie Justice League, which I liked.

I’ll add TTJC, and TDoS.

UTRH was great, especially the Joker and Ra’s al Ghul, my favorite Batman villain, voiced by David Warner, a favorite, in the series and here by Jason Isaac.

TDKR is great. Took a while getting used to Peter Weller, another favorite, instead of Kevin Conroy. Liked the Joker too.

Year One is also great. Also saw Return of the Caped Crusaders “Quick, Robin! To the Crosswalk!” Also, Mask of the Phantasm, and Gotham by Gaslight, both great, and S/B: A, which was good. I thought Darkseid was interesting and somewhat cerebral. War’s Darkseid was far more evil and scary. And I liked Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. Jason Isaacs was good as Sinestro.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I do agree that the portrayal of Darkseid in War is much more imposing than say, the JLU version of him. Very cool - Phantasm is the gold standard of the older-era animated films, absolutely - glad to have another animated film fan around! Cheers.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I love/hate Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice as they were ambitious and I could see what Snyder was going for but couldn't properly execute. I mean, both those films are dense with themes and metaphors and there's alot of fan service so I see all the potential of them, but they were failures to launch.

As for Justice League itself, well, I like it in the same manner I like Suicide Squad, which is just seeing some of my favorites characters come to life and having an actual live action Justice League movie. And like Suicide Squad, the movie suffered from studio interference and outside the creative team's editing.

And I'm in the minority of people that liked the animated film Justice League War as it's pretty faithful to the New52 source material. I think what hurt this adaptation was the inclusion of Billy Batson/Shazam and the exclusion of Aquaman. War made for a simple story to create the Justice League, which the live action film needed since the foundation it was built on was crumbling. Anyway, I love the pairing between Green Lantern and Batman because of the contrast between the two characters and how the story builds from there adding in Superman and whatnot.