main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JW Titus Fan Club........Non Denomiational.

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Darth_Underwear, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango--John

Jango--John Jedi Master star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    I think i'm going to go to Stover's book signing on the 5th

2. Darth_Underwear

Darth_Underwear Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Don't want to spoil the book....but......

ANAKIN IS VADER!!!

3. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you darth underwear dam you

4. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2004
    There are many opinions, just look at the net - let alone TFN.

What's more interesting are the three new ads. I was really happy at the addition footage that was added into the ads. But what was really interesing was where Padme find Anakin on Mustafar. JW saw it very simply. The ad shows us that Padme has more to say to Anakin. The results are the same, but there is more between them. Additionally, Anakin telling Padme not to turn against him. I really enjoyed see more of the relationship - because I was always dissatisfied with what JW had written - though the concensus was that she would be a minor part...

5. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    i agree nef thats was probely my only problem with jw novel and the spoillers we have been hearing

she is the reason he turns to the darkside , she shouldnt be in the background

6. Nefertiti

Oct 15, 2004
    Well, if we can believe what we see, i.e. more of Padme in the TV spots - then perhaps she won't be as minor as we have been led. And thats ok by me. Did you see JW's duel Jedi on the floating platform... Boy did he get that one good!

7. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    from what ive read from the novel other than sidious floating sabre trick and how that how he wrote that whole duel, its almost the same

8. Darth_Underwear

Oct 14, 2004
    Nef, good to see you here.

I was reviewing some of JW vs Stover. JW did have several extended scenes with Padme and Anakin. After Anakin rescued Palpatine. When Anakin went to her apartment for the over night visit. Right before Anakin went to kill the seperatists. And the scene where he chokes her.

Not to forget her scenes with the Delegation of 2000.

Quite a bit more than we will see in the movie, I'm afraid.

I hope the acting is believable.

9. Nefertiti

Oct 15, 2004
    Hi, Darth_U - me too. We have to a certain degree (poor, JW and our pestering for new posts) been patient, and now as we get closer and closer - more gets "leaked", more rumors and more pitures. The excitement builds, quicker than you know it's May 19th!

10. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    I've just finished skimming the "Official" ROTS novel.

I much preferred JW Titus!

The much anticipated duel in the official novel is just a few pages!

I was also able to grab the Visual Dictionary which is always a fun read and

The Making of Revenge of the Sith by J.W. Rinzler.

In the coming days I will be going through this book more than the official novel.

This book is far more interesting than the novel.

11. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    I am flattered, everyone.

Thank you so much for your support! :)

12. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    oh man that sneak pic of the sith wars is cool

that sith chanting and music still gives me chills

jw you arte the man

13. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    M'Lady, I have a Borders gift card and a Walmart gift card and was wondering which books to get. Do you recommend buying the books that you bought? How is the Visual Dictionary? How is the novel???

14. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004
    Thank you, master-of-les-pauls. :)

I'm really glad you liked it. Hopefully people will enjoy the actual, FULL site when it is finished and up.

It won't be up anytime really soon, though, sadly. Give me some time, and it will be well worth the wait. I promise. ;)

15. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    i cant wait , the eyes are really freaky i guess that is your main sith lord

16. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004
    That is Darth Shi'Dow, yes. :)

EDIT: And just to clarify--he is the "main" Sith of 'Book One: Invasion of the Mandalores', but he is not the MAIN Sith.

That one will come later on in the series. Just FYI. :)

17. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    man i am gonna have to catch up on the sith wars , man those eyes are freaky

ahhhhhhhhh the plot thickens

18. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004
    There's some really fun and exciting stuff coming everyone's way in 'The Sith Wars'.

You won't want to miss it! :)

19. WhiteLadyofRohan

Mar 14, 2005
    We love you, JW!!! Thank you for giving us the Episode III Novel -- you really made my months more enjoyable!!! [:D]

20. ChewieSkywalker

ChewieSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2004
    Hi everyone,

Thank you JW for posting so I knew this thread existed. I have been going through some novel withdrawl. I'm number 1 on the hold list at the public library for Stover's book but they haven't processed it yet.

Has everyone Overdosed on dark chocolate M&Ms and black tongue Cheetos yet? Those M&Ms are good!

I got some "action figures" today. Not that big of a deal where I live. Did anyone get to one of the big midnight parties? I was a little disappointed.

I have been enjoying the TV spots on SW.com though. They even load on my slow computer.

21. Darth_Underwear

Oct 14, 2004
    JW, it is an honor to have you here.

There are three threads here started by people brought together by your novel.

Two are the 'group' threads, JTC / SDO. And this one, the general one.

You inspired others to write their own fan fictions.

You wrote a 'fan' novel for almost a year. An incredible feat just on shear volume alone. You novel in book form would be almost 800 pages.

But it is not shear volume that impressed us. It is the depth of the story. I have had Stovers novel for some time and he is no JW. Take your chapter 34 to end. That is only ten pages in the Stover novel. When I read Stover I knew I had the actual version, but I might as well have read the script. When I read your version I felt the lava burning me. I felt the depth of Vaders anger. I felt the despair and the hope. That is what literature is suppose to do. And you do it so well.

So Thank You, JW and Welcome.

22. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    if you look on the main page you wil see there is a jtc temmple thread come on over , it is now home to the jtc

23. Nefertiti

Oct 15, 2004
    LZM - I got to agree. Where Stover's dialogue is simplistic, even childish at times - to the far left,

JW's vocabulary was adult, descriptive and flowed.

Stover: Anakin is portrayed as still, in all scenes, as that bratty teenager we have waited to grow up to a certain degree. It seems married life, little there was of it didn't achieve that hope. Because of his own insecurities, he is more than easily led to the Dark Side. Stover makes it sound ok. Awhile ago there was a suggestion or statement made that Anakin never really made a choice. That is easily seen in Stover.

JW gave Anakin adulthood, outwardly, and his inner turmoil only heightens his adult actions. He hesitates at making the choice, but eventually, he does make it. He acts like an adult - I don't hear the whine, as I do in Stover's rendition.

Although I believe that Stover had/has good intentions - the final musing of the destroyed Anakin Skywalker - only brought to my mind the old Peggy Lee song "Is that all there is..." (younglings you might have to look that one up!) LOL

JW, I did you wrong. I admit. If there were portions I wasn't all that happy with - you've got it hands down now!
    Nef

24. WhiteLadyofRohan

Mar 14, 2005
    Dark chocolate M&M's???? I didn't hear about that!!!! I LOVE dark choclate!!!! *runs out to store*

25. Jango--John

Jango--John Jedi Master star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    yeah,i bought some,there great!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.